• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why is everyone better than me

I don't know if this has anything to do with your original post, but, I notice that I, subconsciously, put people on pedestals. In retrospect, I don't think I, necessarily, perceive everyone as 'better than me', but, if my thoughts or perceptions are different to others, I, automatically, examine, or, even, doubt myself.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for such kind words. I do know I have low self esteem and I'm sure a lot has to do with my upbringing. I always felt like my mom was so disgusted with me that she couldn't even touch me - but now I look back and think maybe she was on the spectrum, too and just wasn't capable. We were playing a game once with my niece and my mom picked a card that she was supposed to braid my hair or get a pimple and she chose the pimple. Any idea how that makes one feel? Anyway, maybe it is the low self esteem that I feel like everyone is better, but do you guys see others as so much better? I have a hard time seeing fault in others and I don't apply as many rules to them as I do myself and much easier on everyone else than I am myself.
When I see other people's drawings, I feel that everyone draws better than me. When I see other people play instruments, I feel like other people can play better than me because they can play without messing up. Even with animals, people are better than me at interacting with them.. It's like I have no talent or use to this world.. Everyone's better than me at everything I do. I don't have any unique special talent like everyone else does. I guess that's why hardly anyone ever sees my YouTube channel or my deviant art page.

New Threads

Top Bottom