• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why I love movie theaters.

Wolfsage

In training to be Wolf King.
The immersion is just so much better. I like the popcorn too. You can actually feel the sound effects and music.
As for the crowds I don't mind much there. I've been in several packed theaters. Avengers Endgame was the best along with Transformers Dark of the Moon. Sound went out in that one. So the audience provided the sound effects as the movie played.
I fear covid may have put a permanent end to that joy though.:oops:
My city was hit very hard by storms too. So the movie theater I went too maybe gone for good.
Still holding out hope that this isn't the end. Looking forward to better movies and stories. Last movie I saw in theaters was Midway.

Likewise for the ambience, but I'm not a fan of packed theaters. Fortunately the ones I've been to are usually <=60% capacity so there's lots of space.

Likewise for the ambience, but I'm not a fan of packed theaters. Fortunately the ones I've been to are usually <=60% capacity so there's lots of space.

If you're lucky and can go to matinees in the early part of the day on weekdays. I've seen less then 10 people in the theater at one time. In most cases, I get the whole theater to myself. When a movie first comes out, I like to wait about a week before going to it to let the crowds die down a bit. There's one thing I can't stand, and that's is a crowded theater and I avoid prime time like the plague.

I haven't been to the cinema in years. I am thankful however that I got to see Titanic and Gladiator on the big screen. Especially the latter - the visuals and sounds of the battle and arena scenes were absolutely stunning.

Ed

I'll usually go to a theater if it's a high action sequence or heavily CGI type movie... The last movie I saw, I think, was Star Wars ep. IX... I honestly think that theaters are going to focus mainly on those types of movies in the future, and save the lower budget less action type movies for the streaming platforms... I don't think movie theaters will go away anytime soon...

Theaters are going out of business for multiple reasons - Covid lockdowns, lack of customers because they fear Covid, lack of government financial assistance such as the Payroll Protection Plan, etc. And movie attendance was declining before Covid anyway. Once they are gone, it will be awhile before new ones are opened.

It's a shame.

Once they are gone, it will be awhile before new ones are opened.

It's a shame.

They just opened a new theater here in my city a couple months ago... Also, two new theaters will be opening within the next year... So, there is some hope. ;)

Regret not seeing My Hero Academia Heroes Rising in Theaters.:oops:
Though my excuse is good. Aliens unleashed a global pandemic that made people sing funny.

I'm old enough to remember drive-in movie theaters. They were great adventures for us when we were kids and a favored date night location in high school. There was always a short order grill to get hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, etc. to eat in cars while watching the movies.

People could safely watch the movies from their cars with little to no risk of catching or spreading Covid. I wish someone would open one in my area. I think it would be a profitable business because we are all going stir-crazy with cabin fever these days.

I remember drive-in theaters too... I wouldn't say it was safe back then, because truthfully we didn't know... But I guess there was a comfort in not knowing... Now, all information is all in your face (no pun intended), everywhere you look...

Regarding theaters though.... Before the pandemic mess, they were kind of gross and unsanitary...:eek: The silver lining that I am trying to see, is that businesses are paying more attention to hygienic standards... That's a plus for me...:cool:

Yes, I remember drive-ins too. The last one I think I used was seeing 'The Omen' in the 70's. It was a local theatre and there was a hole in the fence you could drive a car thru, and one rainy night we did. I can't remember but think it was a silent movie for us until someone left and we moved into their spot. I think it was an extension of the popular car lifestyle of the 50s/60s. Do as much as possible by car. Drive in fast food, movies, cruisin, etc. Tolls had this bucket thing you threw coins in. :D

The immersion is just so much better. I like the popcorn too. You can actually feel the sound effects and music.
As for the crowds I don't mind much there. I've been in several packed theaters. Avengers Endgame was the best along with Transformers Dark of the Moon. Sound went out in that one. So the audience provided the sound effects as the movie played.
I fear covid may have put a permanent end to that joy though.:oops:
My city was hit very hard by storms too. So the movie theater I went too maybe gone for good.
Still holding out hope that this isn't the end. Looking forward to better movies and stories. Last movie I saw in theaters was Midway.
Open air screenings for claustrophobics ,they happened in London every summer until this year

Not every year but it was covid this year,inner London where it's screened, is very dry ,still dry in December sometimes, not warm though .
Sounds fun. In what ways would you say it is different from in door movie theaters? Better or worse.

I miss going to the cinemas multiple times during the week. Other people in the theater were sometimes more entertaining than the films themselves were. I was trying to watch everything that came out in my city as material for my movie criticism website, but as that site’s building got delayed, then COVID closed the theaters, that put an end to that hobby, although I suppose I could write about all of the movies I am streaming on Netflix, Prime and Shudder.

Sounds fun. In what ways would you say it is different from in door movie theaters? Better or worse.
No seating sitting on the ground,one screen,you can see the sky ,traffic going passed ,trees ,birds,insects,animals,non movie goers,London specifically ,it's also for a short period the summer, specifically summer in London.

It's also not the latest films(movies).It's also sponsored by a television channel.

New Threads

Top Bottom