• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why, Blizzard, Why?

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
Why, Blizzard? Why do you give us Wrecking Ball AKA Hammond as the 28th Overwatch hero, why!? We want Liao, but, NOPE, we got a genetically modified hamster from the friggin' moon? And he swings around? And his mains make it impossible for the enemy team to capture the Hanamura and Nepal points just by swinging around the things in the middle endlessly? How am I supposed to stop that without a D.Va nuke? What's Hammond's back story? Oh, he hitched a ride on Winston's escape pod when the other apes on the Lunar Colony went insane and began murdering the scientists? Ok, seems legit. Did Hammond land at Watch Point: Gibraltar alongside Winston? Wait, he landed near Junkertown, found parts to build a mech, including 4 50 cal machine guns+ammo, and a bunch of proxy mines, and AI, all while avoiding Junkrat's and Roadhog's killing spree, and winning several competitions? What is he doing now? Fighting a war on terrorism? A hamster is fighting a war on terrorism? Okay, then. At least he's fun to play, tho.

Hmmm,I've been playing a lot of Overwatch recently, but I was under the impression that Hammond is actually underwhelming. He seems to be really situational and many characters are good vs him like Sombra (absolutely wrecks him), Reaper (like all tanks), hog, Soldier, and of course Brig (counters everyone in fact). Also, I don't see him played too often, and rarely on defense (although I'm not super high SR so maybe it's different there).

I don't know the lore at all, or know who Liao is, but I don't suppose he seems too out of place with the tone of the game considering there is already a talking gorilla.

Hmmm,I've been playing a lot of Overwatch recently, but I was under the impression that Hammond is actually underwhelming. He seems to be really situational and many characters are good vs him like Sombra (absolutely wrecks him), Reaper (like all tanks), hog, Soldier, and of course Brig (counters everyone in fact). Also, I don't see him played too often, and rarely on defense (although I'm not super high SR so maybe it's different there).

I don't know the lore at all, or know who Liao is, but I don't suppose he seems too out of place with the tone of the game considering there is already a talking gorilla.
Liao was part of the original Overwatch Strike Team, but nobody knows where he is. This YT video by TGN probably explains it better than me: Overwatch | Where the F* is Liao?

New Threads

Top Bottom