• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

“Why are women so self-righteous and judgmental towards men?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bet I can find a question 10 times more stupid than that in under 15 seconds. It's the internet :) There's no shortage of stupid things there.

I feel like it's righteous and mainstream to dehumanise, generalise and put down men but it's fringe and scorned upon to do the same to women. It even has a well known word for it. Do I have any proof? No its just my impression. Ideally both would be treated the same. You have to have a thick skin and a lot of resignation on the internet. I don't make the rules nor do I enforce them.
Misogyny has been around since the beginning of time, misandry on the other hand is far more recent. I believe most of misandry that goes on today is a counterargument to the long term effects of misogyny. Sure, some misandry is unjustified but it’s done to prove a point.

@Neri Thank you for saying that.

For me I just want equal standard applied everywhere.
Let me clarify my point of the thread: the title is in quotes, it is not my words. I am arguing against the misogyny and generalizations against women regarding the many questions asked on Quora including the one in quotes.

Are there at least some women who view negatively about men? Of course! But the difference is that some “misandrists” have a point.

My main concern in general is not about misandry actually but about generalizations against women.

Misogyny has been around since the beginning of time, misandry on the other hand is far more recent. I believe most of misandry that goes on today is a counterargument to the long term effects of misogyny. Sure, some misandry is unjustified but it’s done to prove a point.

Unfortunately we're unable to elaborate on some of more recent interpretations of such considerations that probably carry more weight than generalized ones like misandry or misogyny. But I suspect that's the best we can do in an open channel.

Last edited:
Let me clarify my point of the thread: the title is in quotes, it is not my words. I am arguing against the misogyny and generalizations against women regarding the many questions asked on Quora including the one in quotes.

Are there at least some women who view negatively about men? Of course! But the difference is that some “misandrists” have a point.

My main concern in general is not about misandry actually but about generalizations against women.

Fair enough. It would be interesting to speculate what the greatest "prime mover" might be for such sentiments in modern times.

Public policy, law, media, religious or cultural sources? Perhaps all of them to varying degrees. And which are being exacerbated at the present more than others.

Which is about as far as I can probably take such a subject in a rhetorical sense. In an era where for better or worse, it's technologically easy to push data or dogma of any kind to a huge audience.

Last edited:

Well misogynists would argue theyre right too, doesn't mean im going to listen to them or respect extremists. The label might be recent but generalising and misunderstanding the 'other' will be as old as time.

Im not going to argue strawmen!
Seriously, you’re just going to call me a strawman? Is that how you’re really going to act? Resort to name-calling despite the fact I never called you any names? Fine, be that way.

Good luck with dealing with the fact that you’re getting reported then XD

Hating and dehumanising all men because of violent crimes perpetrated by a small number of persistent violent offenders with personality disorders is rotten and malicious. I wish more women would actually speak up against misandrists.

Hating and dehumanising all men because of violent crimes perpetrated by a small number of persistent violent offenders is rotten and malicious. I wish more women would actually speak up against misandrists.
Bro, what the hell are you even talking about? We are not dehumanizing men in any way, you’re getting all worked up for something so petty and pointless!

How exactly is it women’s fault that YOU were the one who is constantly jumping to conclusions? You’re twisting everything to make all women look and sound bad but yet get cheesed off whenever someone criticizes a man for doing something immoral and unjust.

You love to talk about how women NEED to speak about misandry yet you refuse to take women’s issues seriously! You whine about men being dehumanized for things that are actually caused by the patriarchy, not women! In fact, women only apply to a very, VERY small percentage of men’s so-called misandry. If you are this upset over someone telling you like it is, then that’s your problem.

I try to be nice to you and have a calm debate, which I usually am not into, but your inability to handle different perspectives is obvious. If you’re going to resort to name-calling and personal attacks, then you might as well go back to Reddit or Quora or whatever mainstream social media platform you used to be on and show off your victim mentality to your friends there.

It’s also funny how you say you’re not going to argue with me yet you keep right on doing the exact opposite because you’re upset over someone who has a different view than you actually has a point and you just want the last word, lol!

You can cry all you like how society is being misandrist and any criticism against a particular group of men means misandry to you, but I’ll have you know that when we criticize men, we’re not talking about ALL men, so you might as well drop it. When every woman has suffered through misogyny, it’s usually done by a man (though not always), and addressing that is not “misandry”, it’s just a fact!

It’s obvious you’re only wanting to troll and I’ve had several other people on here who do the same crap to me and other users on this forum. I blocked them and I’ve done the same to you. You’re welcome.

Some people are saying that feminism ideas are so hostile to men, that men are in increasing numbers just outright avoiding women to not get into trouble. Like, a woman get a flat tire, now men think twice to stop to help them because they could get in trouble. This is supposed to be in USA mostly idk.

REMINDER
If you come across something you find offensive or believe breaks the rules, report it to a member of staff using the report button. Do not reply to the thread.

If you are having a problem with another member of the forums, you may contact a member of staff via Private Message about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom