• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why are there so many messengers from God, people connected to the other worlds etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epath13

the Fool.The Magician.The...
V.I.P Member
I posted this one on a different forum, and decided to try it out here as well :)

Everywhere I look there's prophet, a messenger, a guided person, a chosen one... Please, don't get offended, I'm not here to mock anyone, I'm just curious about this phenomena. I don't know if it is a current thing or because of the technological progress it's become easier to transmit yourself. A lot of the messages people are sending are very general, vague, many of them don't seem to have any practical value. Those who predict events but end up being wrong usually always able to transform the meaning of their messages without damaging their reputation. But surprisingly some of the people, whether they are connected or not, do provide interesting and useful information, but it's never easy to say if the ideas have been born from excessive knowledge of a particular subject or there's something more to it. I personally found a few meditation techniques that were incredibly powerful. And my belief in their validity or origin wasn't important. And in the end when, let say, I read a book, and in that book a person says that she or he is communicating with some sort of higher being, and that being told her/ him all that information, it shouldn't really matter as long as I find it useful.
But still...why are there so many people stating that they are here to bring messages from higher beings? What I also see, that some of those people do have the best intentions and seem to try hard to do their work out of love, but many are consumed by pride if not by fear, or maybe even by them both...
Have anybody felt that the world is overflown with messengers from Gods, Angels, Higher Beings, Alien Beings etc? What is your opinion about it? And if you consider yourself a messenger, how do you look at this? (I don't think this would apply to folks on this forum though :) )

Just one more note about myself: I am a believer and nonbeliever at the same time, some people might wonder how it is possible, but for me the question would be different - how can it be otherwise? :) I guess, I accept validity of several ideas at the same time, for me, it is about practical application of ideas in material world and exploration of processing through sensations, images and symbols.

Re: Why are there so many messengers from God, people connected to the other worlds e

Beats me. Another version of your question might be, when a new prophet/revelation comes along then why doesn't God inform the followers of all the other religions that the old way of doing things is now obsolete and everyone should switch to the new way. For example, Christianity says it replaces Judaism. Islam says no, it replaces both. Mormonism says no, it is the correct version. And Baha'i' says everyone is wrong and they are the right way to go now. Couldn't a lot of confusion be saved if that simple little matter was to be cleared up?

That is basically why I am agnostic. I am waiting to hear from God himself on this matter and so far he hasn't spoken.

Re: Why are there so many messengers from God, people connected to the other worlds e

It doesn't matter which historical period you can name, there have always been throngs of such prophets, messengers, etc. it is part of the human condition.

Yeah Bay's right. Few people know this, but Jesus was pretty much a nobody in his time. He was looked at back then in a way analogous to one of those gazillion TV preachers prattling on about crazy conspiracy theories and apocalyptic nonsense [I'm referring to the TV preachers there, not Jesus, who actually did have a good message]. During his time, Jesus and his apostles were still considered to be nothing more than a sect of Judaism, instead of their own religion. The Last Supper was a Passover meal.

As for today, the reason there are so many people like that is that nobody has a really clear idea of where God stands exactly, and so everybody has their own idea, and inevitably will often end up just taking the easy route by saying that he backs whatever viewpoint they themselves hold. People naturally view the world through the lens of themselves as the norm, and anybody that deviates from them is odd. It is only natural that people apply this to their religion as well, and thus imagine their deities as idealized versions of themselves.

To truly understand how a potential "God" figure would view things, you need objectivity and the ability to see the big picture, instead of just a narrow sliver view of the world. I will tell you from experience, it is extremely difficult for people, especially us, to truly grasp at a fundamental level, the basic mechanics and psychology of another person. Understanding a God figure would be the ultimate challenge in that respect, since that being's mind wouldn't follow the same rules that a human's does.

To put it simply, the "God works in mysterious ways." line in the Bible could be interpreted as a way for people unable to figure out the colossally hard problem of how he would think to just accept that absence of understanding, where they otherwise probably wouldn't [one of religion's main purposes of course is to provide an explanation for things in the Universe we don't understand]. That's just my personal evaluation, but hey, I wasn't raised a Christian at all, so hell, what do I know? I just learned most of this stuff from watching the History Channel [which for anyone who hasn't seen it at length, is owned by News of the World, A.K.A, the same people who also own Fox, and so, it is therefore filled with programming on Christianity. I know pretty much the entire Bible from watching this stuff, even though I've never read it cover to cover]. My point being, my opinions on this stuff should be taken with a grain of salt, since I've never actually read the Bible, and so could very easily be wrong on a lot of this stuff, even though I'm pretty damn sure I'm not.

A really interesting book to read on this is called 'Alien Intrusion' by Gary Bates. He has done a lot of research into this sort of thing, and is known as an expert on the matter. It is more pointed toward UFOlogy and alien abductions, but it is relevant to other experiences. Through his research he has come across a rather profound conclusion.

Hm, I don't know... maybe some of them are trying to give some sort of validation to what they say (to themselves as well as others).
This sounds funny since "an angel told me so" wouldn't add much credibility to someone's word for me, but among people who strongly believe in these things it could.
I think most of those people write their feelings and thoughts and then they're stuck because 'Messages from John Doe, the guy that lives across the street' isn't something most people would pay attentions to, messages from other dimensions may catch someone's eyes.

Personally, I don't know if I believe or not, i have no way to say for sure, but I'm sceptical.
I think human minds have incredible abilities and subconscious knowledge, if some messages seem particularly enlightened I'm more prone to believe they come from this kind of wisdom, rather than from an external source.
I really have nothing to validate this, though, it's only my opinion. :)

They are false prophets! That's all I have to say about it....

Self-importance is necessary to some extent or other for survival of the individual. The capacity for abstract thought amplifies the self-importance. Beyond that is a pecking order for all creatures. The need to be special in some way to advance oneself to some higher status manifests in various ways. Be an achiever in making things; arrow shafts or machine tools. Be a healer: witch doctor or surgeon. Given a level of desperation, our minds find other things that are more difficult to prove or disprove. Being a 'Seer' or phrophet is good and usually the individual believes it too. Give a little slack and do not let it carry you away and cost you in any significant manner, whether you think you are the psychic or just a person humoring that individual.

Mixed beliefs come under a heading called "Logic-Tight Compartments. Every person's mind is loaded with these. What is locked in one compartment can vary widely from what is contained in another compartment. Often be completely opposed. Just as an example: I can be a complete Religious Agnostic; Total Atheist: Intense Bible Fundamentalist; Celtic Paganist; Protestant Christian; Pro-Catholic Christian; several more. Each is in a separate Logic-Tight Compartment; the question might be: Which one do you want to open for right now? The compartment that is usually open for me is one that is amused by the existence of the others and wonders where the realities of this universe may be? For another context: I have a few foods I eat and like to eat. There are foods I truly detest that are well-liked by others. That is my usual Logic-Tight Dietary compartment. A few times I have been in situations where it was needed to switch to another Logic-Tight Compartment where anything not poison was desirable and in that compartment I enjoyed 'food' that ordinarily I would not feed to a starving stray dog (because the poor dog was in enough trouble and did not need the additional abuse!).

Sorry, I just want to reply to the question raised in this thread in as simple, straightforward way as possible to avoid confusion and further pointless arguments..
The answer is:-

"Because people are f@ing ignorant, primitive jumped-up apes who are about as relevant to this planet as a steaming pile of dung!!"

I hope this answers this question once and for all, because it's the truth.

I know that sometimes, people can get upset at what I think when I let to of my near-continuous self discipline to shut up and not say what I think.

So, I'd like to back up my previous comment with:-
"it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, so go knock yourselves out. Be the reincarnation of Elvis, Jesus, Hitler, whatever. Just don't come anywhere near me with this delusion unless you want permanently taking down a peg or two!"

If there ever was a message from "god", it'd be probably be something like "stop being a bunch of primitive moronic apes and start being nice to each other unconditionally and stop throwing your puny little weight around. Just be f@king nice for once!"

Anyone want to tell me off for having this view of the world???

I attest that "A" or "THE" beliefs in God(s) of any nature are nothing more than mere imagination because they cannot possibly exist. God(s) are supernatural entities. The supernatural is defined as that which defies logical explanation, if it was logical it would just be "science". That which defies logical explanation must therefore be illogical. So the supernatural is illogical thus making God(s) illogical.

I attest that similar to parents today, our forefathers (go back as far as you want) explained quandaries of and to their children in manners that they (the parents) and the children could comprehend. Much in the same way a parent might explain to a child under duress of what thunder or the composition of lightning is today. Because of accepted scientific principles their explanation of such are not the same as my parents explained to me. There explanations will be based on the education and or experiences which differ from generation to generation.

Religions grow from individuals whom are lead to believe the same explanations they learned from their parents. Example, most children of the world do not believe in Santa Clause, Easter Bunnies nor Tooth fairies. And those that do are not inform in exactly the same as you may have learned and continue to inform. Mexico children have a different version of Santa Clause then American children whom have a different opinion depending on their environmental growth. Wealth people celebrate Christmas considerably different than people in a ghetto. One only has to compare their own, Christmas celebration with a co-worker to see vast differences. Add in environmental and they would change again.

On a personal note: The stories I grew up with are not the same exact stories that I taught my daughter, and hers vary from mine when explaining it to my grand-daughter. Primarily because of environmental issues. My financial well being was considerable different as an adult than as a child which effects my environment. My daughter, a college grad environment and life style is in no comparison to the one I was raised in.

Christmas of today is much to capitalized and the subsequent story line of Santa Clause is under constant flux.

Apparently I must have tread upon hallowed ground, this thread has gone 7+ months without a response. I do not see any debate going on, only opinions. I'll digress, and bid farewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom