• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who's watched any good scary movies lately?

Horror is my favourite. There have been so many good ones.
They need to have a lot of twists and unexpected turns to really like them.
The scream fest/slasher kind I don't care for.

I like all the Stephen King's.
The Annabelles were good.
Psycho and I think all of the Hannibal Lector movies starting with Silence of the Lambs
are classic favourites.

Sometimes I get caught up in binge watching old series I liked.
Right now I'm into Supernatural and Lost all over again.

Last horror I watched on TV movies were all three of Species.

To be honest, I have been a little disappointed in horror films in the last few years. I don't mean to say they are not good movies, just not as much my thing as the early 2000s era of horror movies that I love so much, some of which are admittedly cheesy - and have devastating ratings.

I could ramble on for pages about movies I like and why, but some of my favorites in no particular order are
The Amityville Horror (2005) - it's a remake but Ryan Reynolds gives a noteworthy performance
Ghost Ship (2002)
Jeepers Creepers (2001)
Wrong Turn (2003)
The Hills Have Eyes (2006) - never seen the original Wes Craven but this one kept me on the edge of my seat

To be honest, I have been a little disappointed in horror films in the last few years. I don't mean to say they are not good movies, just not as much my thing as the early 2000s era of horror movies that I love so much, some of which are admittedly cheesy - and have devastating ratings.

I could ramble on for pages about movies I like and why, but some of my favorites in no particular order are
The Amityville Horror (2005) - it's a remake but Ryan Reynolds gives a noteworthy performance
Ghost Ship (2002)
Jeepers Creepers (2001)
Wrong Turn (2003)
The Hills Have Eyes (2006) - never seen the original Wes Craven but this one kept me on the edge of my seat
Those are all great movies! I love jeepers creepers and I've been getting into the wrong turn movies. I saw ghost ship when I was in elementary it was pretty good.

Horror is my favourite. There have been so many good ones.
They need to have a lot of twists and unexpected turns to really like them.
The scream fest/slasher kind I don't care for.

I like all the Stephen King's.
The Annabelles were good.
Psycho and I think all of the Hannibal Lector movies starting with Silence of the Lambs
are classic favourites.

Sometimes I get caught up in binge watching old series I liked.
Right now I'm into Supernatural and Lost all over again.

Last horror I watched on TV movies were all three of Species.
What's Species like? Silence of the Lambs is always a good watch.

What's Species like? Silence of the Lambs is always a good watch.
Species is one of those movies where scientists have been given information on mixing human and
alien DNA to form a beautiful creature that looks like a woman.
She grows very quickly and has no feelings for humans in getting what she wants.
A lot of explicit scenes and gore.
She is very strong physically and scenes like where she crashes her hand through a wall in the restroom
because she wants someone's uniform and pulls the spine out of their back.
Her main want is to mate so she can have an unhuman child and the other two go from there.
Good special effects. Adult rated.

Better than Alien, IMO.

Species is one of those movies where scientists have been given information on mixing human and
alien DNA to form a beautiful creature that looks like a woman.
She grows very quickly and has no feelings for humans in getting what she wants.
A lot of explicit scenes and gore.
She is very strong physically and scenes like where she crashes her hand through a wall in the restroom
because she wants someone's uniform and pulls the spine out of their back.
Her main want is to mate so she can have an unhuman child and the other two go from there.
Good special effects. Adult rated.

Better than Alien, IMO.
I remember it now! Aliens sent the humans an energy source as a sign of peace, then sent them their dna which the humans created a little girl with and after they try to end the experiment and kill her she escapes and those military guys start tracking her.

The best slasher film to watch if you hate that subgenre of movies is Scream. That movie is like a giant love letter death threat to slasher films.

I recently sat through Glenn Danzig’s Verotika. It was very entertaining in all of the wrong ways. I can see why it has a rating of 1.9 on IMDB currently. I laughed throughout the entire thing.

New Threads

Top Bottom