• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who will help me practice my English?

Michaelfjorden

V.I.P Member
Hi, again. I’m Pierre, 30 years old, from Sweden.

Would anyone be interested in text or voice chatting with me sometime on Discord or any other place?

English is my second language, and we don’t have any native English speakers where I live. I would love to make some English-speaking friends and practice chatting in English.

Last edited:
I'm fine with the idea, though I dont generally use Discord much at all. I'm more used to things like direct messages on the forum here.

Though I dunno that I have much interesting to say.

Wish I could but im always really tired, I mean really tired, I've slept all of today and I'll sleep all of tonight I have to take a medicine to sleep.

Sure. I love to have penpals. I used to frequent interpals and a snail mail site, but the latter is gone and the former is a dating service in disguise.

I don't use discord, but you (or anyone, for that matter) can send me a dm or an email anytime.

Hello, I am looking for those interested in English or writing to help me continue to learn English as a second language. My hyperfocus is wanting to be more effective and efficient in my English communications. my discord Pierre4#7538

I always wanted to learn a second language, and so it's good to connect with others this way, as one day I would like to learn another language perhaps. I just wanted to say I hope others in the US, Europe, Asia or elsewhere can consider helping Pierre too, as the time zone differences sometimes makes this good for us, but on weekends and some weekdays a bit harder. Regardless, I hope others will assist too. Pierre is a really nice person, and wants as much help as he can get from those who love writing and are fluent in English. He is trying his best, and I would recommend others reaching out to him, too.

I had three basic public questions though for Pierre, so as others may get to know you more, and as I have yet to ask these to you as well.

(1) Why is learning English as a second language so important for you?
(2) What type of specific English help are you looking for, i.e, to help with editing, to get used to English writing conversions, to speak English well, too, and/or other?
(3) What level do you feel you are at, in terms of English skills, as sometimes writing through messaging or using social media is done more informally with less attention to sentence structure?

If anyone else has additional questions, feel free to post too. It would be good to know more your other interests, too, so as others can be more comfortable chatting with you, too.

I know navigating here seems difficult for you, so let's help as much as we can, for those who are good with English and like to assist. Thanks.

Last edited:
Number 1. English is a very common and important language. English is also a language I am interested in and I love to learn. Number 2. Any english help I get would be great. I just want to be good at it. I need help with English, grammar, punctuation and letters. Number 3. I feel I am at a level where I can express myself more freely and have a more fluid writing process.

I will Be up front, I have never been enanamoured with languages, dropped English in high school in grade Eleven. Took no French , both were required to graduate.

I will Be up front, I have never been enanamoured with languages, dropped English in high school in grade Eleven. Took no French , both were required to graduate.

I was this way in high school and during my university years, but the last ten years or so I have gotten really frustrated with many English native speaking persons, so my interests in reaching out to others and assisting, and in learning another language and culture intrigued me. I like understanding and learning new things, as I get bored easy otherwise.

I don’t have any social media other than this site, but you can send me messages on here and I can help you practice your English, if you want :)

My back story is in grade 6 the class was given a test for reading comprehension, I got tested at grade twelve 6 months, some young girl reading at grade eight level got all the accolades. teacher ignored me completely. When school was over for the day I meet my younger brother grade 5 student he got measured as reading at university level. I promptly threw out my results, showed no one else including my parents. Keep in mind it is very hard to speak like a native speaker of a language, I speak English with a slightly country accent which is different then the how they speak in the city or even different again if the border is crossed to the U. S. Nuance matters.

Last edited:
My back story is in grade 6 the class was given a test for reading comprehension, I got tested at grade twelve 6 months, some young girl reading at grade eight level got all the accolades. teacher ignored me completely. When school was over for the day I meet my younger brother grade 5 student he got measured as reading at university level. I promptly threw out my results, showed no one else including my parents.

I can see why languages then would be a sore topic for you. In our case, as parents of Autistic children, we focus on our efforts at homeschooling them, and their efforts at learning subjects to the best of their abilities. We are not into competition, and so we focus often on going at their direction and pace, leading us to other interests they have as well. I personally cannot stand reading long passages, as it's hard for me to concentrate and remember everything, as I want to nitpick and analyze every detail, and that is ironic as I love writing long passages and books. We all have varying interests, and things we dislike or have difficulty with, too, either because of genetics and/or environmental conditioning and our unique experiences. So, I can see your points of view.

My cousin Johan Zeeman was the English major in my family, see him on linkedin. The OP approached me privately prior to putting his request on the public forum.

Honestly, if you want to practice English, and succeed, you need to approach a certified, British English tutor.

I strongly suggest a British tutor as American English speakers simply use too many vernacular phrases and improper grammer. Native American English speakers will simply confuse you.

There are quite a few English language tutorials on YouTube specifically for understanding correct word pronounciation.
Good luck!

American English speakers simply use too many vernacular phrases and improper grammer.
I’m one of these :p
I would love to help others learn English but my vocabulary isn’t the most “proper” :confused:
I might be helpful with learning basic conversational English though :)
But yes, a tutor who speaks correct English would be much more helpful!

Same with me, Pierre.
I received your PM and thought you were wanting to help me learn your language.
My apologies.

I have done some proof reading at a printer's when younger, but, I have lived all around the USA
and picked up a mix of the vernacular speech patterns and phrases.
Where I currently live, people from all over with different accents and words are plentiful.
It would pretty mixed up. A formal tutor could be of great assistance.

New Threads

Top Bottom