• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who will help me practice my English?

I too got a PM and I must confess that I didn’t really know what to make of it since it just seemed to be like one of those spam content emails you can sometimes get considering how random the PM was.

Unfortunately, I can’t help you. But I’d honestly recommend that you search for an English language tutor. Read books in English versions , try to get ones that you’re familiar with in your own language and are suitable for your own level of language. Depending on how you may feel about JK Rowling, the Harry Potter books are usually a good place to start due to the lack of complexities in the English language as opposed to a more complex book like Martin’s A song of ice and fire. In other words they are simplistic.

Also play video games using the English language or watch films or tv. Most people consolidate their understanding of what they have already learnt with a foreign language and frequent exposure to foreign language materials do help to “practice” when you’re not able to approach people to speak to.

Thanks to all who posted. I understand that reading and having a tutor can really help. I have actually considered that. Many of you seem great at writing English and also have Autism. I am looking to get better. I understand nobody is perfect here. My preferred way of learning is through private live conversations. I would really appreciate anybody willing to help me.

I'm fine with the idea, though I dont generally use Discord much at all. I'm more used to things like direct messages on the forum here.

Though I dunno that I have much interesting to say.
I am in the same same position, You are going to have to start the initial conversation.

New Threads

Top Bottom