• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who wants to start an autistic micronation with me?

A total waste of time and effort. I think something like it was created a decade or so ago and disappeared.

It's always about me, isn't it?
:)
No, sorry to disappoint you, but you don't have the monopoly on this :) lots of people do it. And since I don't know much about TV or pop culture, there are a lot of references that aren't particularly obscure that 99% of people are going to get, but I don't :)

A total waste of time and effort. I think something like it was created a decade or so ago and disappeared.
I tend to see the opposite.

Failure is opportunity in disguise.
Something was learned, if one failed.
It is for us to discern what, and to move appropriately from the understanding gained.
In that way, nothing is truly a waste of time.
Foible could be used as the harshest descriptor, if the desired result was not gained when, where, and how, you wanted it to be.
Experimentation is not about getting what you want, it's about using what you learn.

Humility is paramount.

Try not to see yourself as affected by the information, but instead, see your perception of the information as affected by your perception itself.

Detachment.
Observation.
Objectivity.
---
Hi, Catana.

I tend to see the opposite.

Failure is opportunity in disguise.
Something was learned, if one failed.
It is for us to discern what, and to move appropriately from the understanding gained.
In that way, nothing is truly a waste of time.
Foible could be used as the harshest descriptor, if the desired result was not gained when, where, and how, you wanted it to be.
Experimentation is not about getting what you want, it's about using what you learn.

Humility is paramount.

Try not to see yourself as affected by the information, but instead, see your perception of the information as affected by your perception itself.

Detachment.
Observation.
Objectivity.
---
Hi, Catana.

sounds like someone wasn't invited.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My friends are going to be isolated ; n ; will leave me alone in a cruel weird world.

I score high enough on the aspie tests, does that make me eligible for acceptance? >o>

I wouldn't fit in.

I believe you would.

Aspie ASD traits would be the norm’

Would anyone give a monkeys’ if the stressed were mute or stimming?

Would anyone make a big fuss or deal for those that don’t understand what’s going on?

It would be expected. Folk might comment if there was none of that going on.

I believe folk would be accepting and helpful rather than critical and judgemental.

(The critical and judgemental can come and see me in my office for corrective training :) )

For example, about 90% of people (my estimation) on the spectrum are really into video games, and I'm not.
I haven't owned a console since the 1980s. Modern controllers are more complex than I care to adapt to.

As delightful as following the whimsical direction of tangent may be,
the topic of this thread is the concept of an autistic micronation.

To quote the OP:
"I thought, "hey, wouldn't it be a great idea if autistic people had their own country."

Future replies will be toward this topic.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My friends are going to be isolated ; n ; will leave me alone in a cruel weird world.

I score high enough on the aspie tests, does that make me eligible for acceptance? >o>
I am certain, that, should this micronation become reality, there will be a mechanism in place to "naturalize" those desirables that contribute to the overall wellbeing of the
"Nation".

I have already noted my intent to recommend you, and several other "non-autists", for inclusion in "our" society.

While an exclusive "autists-only" society may sound practical, inviting even,
I think that intent would be a far more pragmatic and useful criteria for inclusion.

When you get settled, come on by for a beer. Wear a jacket(it's cold), and be ready to eat.
See you when you get here.

I'd think any "nation" real or imaginary starts off on a wrong foot if it's based on a primary premise of race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or neurological distinction. Whatever.

On the other hand, a mere village or community, or even a club- not so much.

Otherwise it sends the wrong message like a double-edged sword. One of not only exclusivity and separatism, but also offers the rest of the world a place to simply to dump all their "unwanted" citizens.

New Threads

Top Bottom