• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who wants to join my movie club?

Slime_Punk

 Please erase
V.I.P Member
Alright, I had a really silly idea. Maybe it will catch on, maybe not, but it can't hurt to try!

Basically, we (the movie club) get together twice per month(-ish), pick out a cheesy / silly movie that's FREE to watch on youtube (we'll do a vote beforehand, so the group decides on our next movie together), load up our 'movie club' chat channel on this very website and watch it together, putting our silly jokes and cool discussions in the chat.

Of course, we'll have to figure out what times work best for the whole group as people join, but that's part of the fun. If someone misses the original viewing, they can just watch it when they can and continue the discussion of the movie in the chat channel (which I will always occupy and respond to, so nobody is just talking to themselves in an empty chat).

We can keep the movies PG-13 or under to comply with site rules, and so that everyone can be a part of the club. Most of Youtube's free movies are PG-13 and under, so we should have no trouble finding something that everyone can watch.

If you're interested, either post here or join the chat channel that I've created and we can start our movie vote / spitballing process. Bad movies are totally welcome!

Last edited:
Me, please. I do.

Also….
It worries me because I’ve never done anything like that and chats feels really fast… I may be a quiet chatter. But I would like to be there, and I can only imagine you are willing to accept some quiet ones.

Me, please. I do.

Also….
It worries me because I’ve never done anything like that and chats feels really fast… I may be a quiet chatter. But I would like to be there, and I can only imagine you are willing to accept some quiet ones.

Yes, absolutely! I'll be attempting to balance the energy (the noisy one occupying the space when everyone else is silent and virtually invisible when there's a lot of great discussion going on) to account for the quiet chatters and loud chatters. Both are very welcome!

I will think about it. I love movies, but chatting in real time is a problem. I may eventually have good ideas, but I am not glib in the moment. It makes me feel inept.

I will think about it. I love movies, but chatting in real time is a problem. I may eventually have good ideas, but I am not glib in the moment. It makes me feel inept.

I completely understand. I'm guessing that the pace will probably be considerably slow and relaxed with plenty of breathing room (although, maybe this will become much bigger than I anticipate and then I'll be very wrong), but if you do decide to join we would love to have you!

This could be great fun.
Okay, l am waiting to commence. I like the free movie part. My cable is wonky at times.

So, what are we gonna do? I didn’t miss the movie already, did I? That would be something that I would do.

Christmas break in, just for poops and giggles?

I was thinking of hosting my own deal with Amazon watch parties, but most of the movies I would want to watch are R rated and my Amazon watch parties are USA only. Still, I encourage this endeavor of yours.

I was thinking of hosting my own deal with Amazon watch parties, but most of the movies I would want to watch are R rated and my Amazon watch parties are USA only. Still, I encourage this endeavor of yours.
I wouldn’t mind that. There is one specific bad movie that I would want to watch to makes riffs about and that is The Oogieloves Big Balloon Adventure. I have something in particular in mind for the scene with the milkshakes and riffs for the characters.

New Threads

Top Bottom