• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Which Asperger type are you?

I had not previously been aware that there were 'names' for the different types. Although a psychologist/psychiatrist who diagnosed me recently in Washington,said I was 'Einsteinish' I would disagree in that I am a horrid speller,and even worse in mathmatics,unless it is Geometry. I would say that my personal quarks are more fitting of a 'Spielburg' ,with a bit of 'Carroll' and 'Nicholls' tossed in.

I've watched this about three times and I have such trouble try to follow it. I keep pausing it, but I do so much better just being able to read something and be able to read back on it. I see some of me in a few types but I need to look at it again.

D' oh! I didn't notice the video in the first post, and I completely misunderstood the purpose of the thread.

I'd say I'm Numan/Morrisey (is there really that much difference?) with a very light dash of Einstein.

BTW, which "Powell" is being referred to in the video?

Last edited:
This is so interesting! I have wondered why some people seem to be so different than me, although they also are Aspies.

After watching the video a few times and pausing at places to take notes, I think that I am predominately a Numan-Carroll blend, with a dash of Einstein.

Numan because I find others hard to understand, am often misunderstood, I do not easily bond with others (not interested,really), and I space out (it's often more interesting inside my head than outside).

Carroll, in that I am introverted, calm on the outside while quite anxious on the inside, rather subdued and rarely am aggressive.

The Einstein dash is that I love ideas, concepts, words and grammar. I do not like to be a pedant, however, so I rarely argue with people about my interests.

This was really an interesting thread. Thank you to the original author!

I went ahead and transcribed it, in case you didn't feel like going through the video.

1. Spielburg Type
Sociable
Often likes sports
Sometimes extroverted, has quite a few friends.
Usually has an average IQ.
Spelling and grammar often quite poor.
People can be suprised to find that this person is on the autism spectrum.

2. Einstein Type
Intellectual, high IQ
Likely to be skilled on computers
Excellent grammar and spelling
Likes to be known as an expert on their chosen special interest
May become argumentative with others who they feel are less knoweldgeable than they are.

3. Powell Type
Aggressive, possibly has PTSD/BPD
Intelligent
Hostile in general and can be violent at times.
May use drugs in order to relieve stress.
Very often been bulied in school and feels that they must be strong and fight in order to survive

4. Numan Type
Daydreamer, often spaces out
Finds other people hard to understand
Finds they are very often misunderstood.
Has many dreams and plans
Finds it very, very hard to bond with people.
Possibly bipolar.

5. Morrissey Type
Fantasises a lot
Feels very seperarated from people
May have a schizophrenia diagnosis
Likes art and creativity especially, feels a connection with other times in history
Feels like a completely unique person on the inside
Can often be called an "alien" by others.

6. Nicholls type
Hyperactive, energetic
Extrovert, tries to make friends often
Has no trouble making friends but then finds them hard to keep for any length of time
People may complain that they're irritating, such as family members, or that they are immature and childish.
May be doagnosedwith ADD/ADHD
Likes to talk to people and does not have a lot of social fear.

7. Carroll type
Passive, very introverted, quiet and shy
Very deeply involved in special interests
Having friends or relatoinships is always secondary to special interests
Appears calm on the outside, showing little emotion, but can be anxious inside
Prefers to keep all emotions sudued publicly
Very likely to be bullied in school, very rarely gets angry or aggressive.

8. Warhol type
Extremely confident to the point of egocentricity
Thinks highly of themselves and thinks others should too
Has many ideas and feels that the world misunderstands them
Likes to monologue excessively
Often friendly in formal settings.
If problems occur, they can become revengeful and bitter in life
Could have NPD traits

I think maybe I have some Einstein traits, with a bit of either Numan or Morissey.
Hard to say.

If anything; I feel that Numan, Morrisey and Warhol apply most. Maybe a really little sprinkle of Einstein in it.

I had to think about this a lot but I finally think I figured it out.
I am a mix of three:
4. Numan Type
Daydreamer, often spaces out
Finds other people hard to understand
Finds they are very often misunderstood.
Has many dreams and plans
Finds it very, very hard to bond with people.
Possibly bipolar.

5. Morrissey Type
Fantasises a lot
Feels very seperarated from people
May have a schizophrenia diagnosis
Likes art and creativity especially, feels a connection with other times in history
Feels like a completely unique person on the inside
Can often be called an "alien" by others.

&

7. Carroll type
Passive, very introverted, quiet and shy
Very deeply involved in special interests
Having friends or relatoinships is always secondary to special interests
Appears calm on the outside, showing little emotion, but can be anxious inside
Prefers to keep all emotions sudued publicly
Very likely to be bullied in school, very rarely gets angry or aggressive.

The only with the last one I don't really agree with is that when frustrated I do tend to get a little aggressive.

On this, I guess I'm kind of weird in that I'm a combination of a lot of these, with the Einstein, Morrissey, and a straddling of both the diametrically opposed Warhol and Carroll types probably being the best description of me. Anyway, nice thread, thanks for putting it up.

New Threads

Top Bottom