• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Peace

V.I.P Member
They say that we all want a place where everybody knows our name, like the local tavern, or a friends group. Well for most of my life I have not had one, not until now. This, for me, is that place. Here, I am understood. I am not judged but accepted with all of my problems. I am not made fun of, but help and supported. My friends and family here understand what I go through, something I have never had before. Here, I can discuss anything, and I receive logical responses and suggestions.
How many others here feel that way?

I really appreciate the freedom here to explore my deeper thoughts without fear of being judged or rejected or made fun of. I ask questions here, and tell things about my thoughts, that I don't think I would ever share with someone IRL.

Funny how anonymity can help us find authenticity.

I share that feeling of being respected, understood and supported.

What I particularly like is the fact that if I turn up here every five minutes, nobody bats an eyelid, and if I don't turn up for a few days, nobody bats an eyelid either; there is no pressure of social obligation to do anything really, and yet the caring aspect is strong.

An awesome community of respectful, caring and supportive people, with amazing moderators who ensure that we can relax and feel safe.
I am really grateful to have found this place :)

Last edited:
I share that feeling of being respected, understood and supported.

What I particularly like is the fact that if I turn up here every five minutes, nobody bats and eyelid, and if I don't turn up for a few days, nobody bats an eyelid either; there is no pressure of social obligation to do anything really, and yet the caring aspect is strong.

An awesome community of respectful, caring and supportive people, with amazing moderators who ensure that we can relax and feel safe.
I am really grateful to have found this place :)

All of what SyAn has said, I love the place :)

New Threads

Top Bottom