• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where does Your Username come from?

It's an obscure reference to a quote from The Silence of the Lambs, from a letter at the end of the book. 'Some of our stars are the same. Clarice.' I really liked the book. It also seemed appropriate because I came to this forum to connect with people who share experiences and struggles that come with an ASD.
The cage scenes were shot inside an old mental institution located about 30 miles from my home :D
I used to deal with customers who had us enter the parts that were still in use.
We were instructed to only go to the floor we intended.
I took a tour or two and felt quite at home there :p

My name means Red Squirrel in Japanese (actually, I've always had some doubts about my grammar on that, but the idea is there...). At the time I started using it, I had my hair dyed red and usually worn in a big, bushy, squirrel-y ponytail (it's Turquoise, Navy Blue and Brown, now, and shoulder-length after going through an exciting mohawk phase). I have about a million nicknames because I don't really like my real name, but Risu has stuck fairly consistently.

It's basically a mix up of things relating to my name. A friend back home always calls me "Shells" and there's a certain Beetles song about bells and whatnot, if that's enough of a clue ;)

I got mine from the book Knox om Pax. It is a little story inside that is made around esoteric symbology for communication with one's higher self a.k.a holy guardian angel.

I intended my username to be cantputmeinabox but either my phone i was using to sign up or the site or something else wouldnt let me. I think it complained it was too long. so I made it shorter, and inabox was born. I am really "in a box" because so many people have put me there. And to be honest cantputmeinabox would have taken a bit too long to type for my impatient liking!

When I was a kid my grandfather started calling me Gonzo, after the muppet. It stuck, and was shortened to Gonz over the years. Pretty sure most of my family doesn't even know my real name.

It used to bug the hell out of me but, as I've watched my grandfather get older and frailer and been confronted with the fact that he doesn't have many years left, I've started to enjoy being called by that name and now use it myself when I can.

I used to know someone who was known by nearly everyone as Gonz. Not his real name. But I can see how he looked like Gonzo.....

I made up this username for no apparent reasons. If there is anything that amuses me about my name, it is the fact that I hate liquorice and I am allergic to lemons.

In Secndary school, my Music teacher had a habit of making us get our folders and worksheets and stuff ourselves, and I always complained at why he couldn't just give them out. He also thought I was kind of demanding sometimes, which lead to him calling me "Princess." I hated it at first, but I got used to it, as it practically replaced my real name in Music lessons.
The replacing S's with 's bit is kind of funny. Sometimes, when writing things on the board, he would replace the S at the end of words with a Z. He said that if "Princess" was to be spelled out, it would have Z's at the end instead. I used this idea for a username on many sites where it hadn't already been taken. Believe me, there are some. If you see someone on another site called Princezz, it might be me, but then again, it might not be me.

I got my name from when youtube always complained about changing username.
So i because i love the more unusual letters, i just came upp with something that sounded good.
I use the croz part for other things, like "CrozNet" for my wierless, and that.
I think that the name means something, that i still haven't figured out yet.

Mine comes from 3 things the maelstrom boat story, Edger Alan poe? Also I'm auti as well as aspie and my auti thing makes me feel sometimes like I'm standing just inside the eye wall of a hurricane and with my visual pattern thing I can reach out and pluck a straw from the shrieking eye wall. And lastly my whirling Maelstrom of sub-atomics I use to see the universe with.

What a good question.

Well, vipers are my favorite snakes/animals (Bush Viper Snakes are too beautiful to even be real), and I love crystals. At that time I didn't know crystal was spelled with a 'y', but I liked it, so I kept it.

My name comes from Anonymous I am known as Giraffesec as
Giraffe I love them dearly I sponsor 3
Sec or security as I am a member of the collective that try's to stop and take down child abuse pages sites etc. as it is a personal thing to me

I had some code I had to memorize kept forgetting so I figured setting it as a username would help.

New Threads

Top Bottom