• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where did you graduate and what was your major?

Howdy, neighbor! That's my alma mater too!

Sorry to hear that. My best advice for young people is to get the f**k out of Fresno as fast as you can go before you get trapped here. Nothing good will ever come of this city, or of this state. Just my opinion though.

I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Food and Nutritional Sciences. I'm in the real estate profession now, but not as a real estate agent. My work leans more towards the lending side of real estate transactions.

Well I have a state job. It can move with me, but I want to stay here for a while to save up since I haven't been on my own yet. Gotta pay off a new car and then I want to make a huge strong financial safety net in my savings account. I have other things planned too like upgrading classification so I can make more but I'm gonna play it safe. Gotta be smart about it. ;)

But yes. The weather here SUCKS. Lol.

Well I have a state job. It can move with me, but I want to stay here for a while to save up since I haven't been on my own yet. Gotta pay off a new car and then I want to make a huge strong financial safety net in my savings account. I have other things planned too like upgrading classification so I can make more but I'm gonna play it safe. Gotta be smart about it.

Sounds like you've got a master plan there :) We'll have to chat. I want to find out how to get a state job. If I'm stuck here, I might as well get the most secure job I can, and the state does provide at least that much.

The weather here SUCKS. Lol.

Don't you just love the near 100-degree weather in October? I can't wait until it drops overnight into the 70's, then the 50's. What do we get, about two weeks of autumn weather?

Sounds like you've got a master plan there :) We'll have to chat. I want to find out how to get a state job. If I'm stuck here, I might as well get the most secure job I can, and the state does provide at least that much.

Don't you just love the near 100-degree weather in October? I can't wait until it drops overnight into the 70's, then the 50's. What do we get, about two weeks of autumn weather?

YES, I TOTALLY LOVE THAT WE DONT REALLY HAVE AN AUTUMN. *sarcasm*

Lol. I go to the beach or to the northwest to visit relatives whenever I can...

Lets see,
I started out as pre-med
Changed to physicians assistant
Got associates (in Arizona, can relate to the hot October)
(insert real life health care job) realized I have no idea how to read people and it required to much thought socially, ended up breaking down after every shift
made a decision to quit job and change major over a weekend
Now I'm in chemical engineering, happier but feel like an idiot.

BSc Chemistry at Bradford University (England). How I graduated is a mystery. I was so depressed and confused by the end (surrounded by several thousand other 18-22 year olds who may as well have been from Mars) I could barely function.

Did a Masters in Information Management after several years of unemployment (mainly). Became a Librarian.

Now about to complete a PhD in Information Management... I've come to love doing research, but not sure how I'm going to be able to pursue it as yet.

Bachelor in Fashion Design from a Russian college/ university whatnot nobody here has ever heard of :D

I got my AA at a community college in FL 2010, but left school. I was an education major, then a pyschology major. I Started at University of Central Florida this year, about a year away from my bachelors in Statistics. :D

2014, Mechanical Design at SENAI
2008, Manager Design at UEL
2005, Industrial Design at UNOPAR

BA Music History--Indiana University of PA (birthplace of James Stewart, Renee Fleming, and YouTube), 1980

Master of Science--Library and Information Science--Shippensburg University of PA (who's most famous alumni is Author Dean Koontz) 1985

Currently disabled due to Bipolar 1, Anxiety Disorder NOS, and Asperger's

Bachelor in Fashion Design from a Russian college/ university whatnot nobody here has ever heard of :D

Hey fellow Fashion graduate :blush:

My official degree classification would be a Third Class Honours in BA (Hons) Fashion Design & Technology (Promotion pathway). Really struggled with it since I'm not quite as arty as they expected, and instructions were so ambiguous - was told 2 days before handing in the final project I would fail, but by some miracle I passed. Ended up having to spend 4 years there instead of 3 and wanted to drop out so badly during the 3rd and 4th years, but felt since I'd put so much into it I might as well finish it.

I have been told it's very unusual for anyone with AS to do a 'creative' degree, but I'm sure there are plenty of others who must have done one too.

1998 BSc (Hons II.i) Logic & Philosophy of Science - Mathematics, University of St Andrews
1999 MSc Mathematical Modelling & Numerical Analysis, Somerville College, Oxford

BSc Criminology, Criminal Justice and Psychology from the University of Glamorgan (now renamed the University of South Wales) in the UK. Graduated in 2007.

B.F.A. in Arts Management with a concentration in theater from Long Island University-C.W. Post campus. Most useless degree ever but I had a (very unrealistic) passion to work in the entertainment industry for a while. I now work in the billing department of a property management company, go figure.

BSc Countryside and Environmental Management, Harper Adams University 2014.
MSc Environmental Science, East Anglia University 2015.

I have a Bsc. in Mathematics (Applied Mathematics and Statistics) from Cal Poly Pomona.

I currently work as a systems engineer. Right after college I took an internship in the IT field and got promoted out of that a couple months in to Software Technician. I got promoted last December.

I've been going to school though for a BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering.

New Threads

Top Bottom