• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where Are All The Autistic Women And Girls?

I guessed you were going through a very rough patch, Maelstrom. Your recent posts seem to be pierced with pain. I am sorry you are going through such a stormy sea. No one truly knows the state your soul is in. Look after yourself and know you are a valued presence here.

I guessed you were going through a very rough patch, Maelstrom. Your recent posts seem to be pierced with pain. I am sorry you are going through such a stormy sea. No one truly knows the state your soul is in. Look after yourself and know you are a valued presence here.
Thank you, yes am getting gutted like a fish a bit....losing someone you really cared about and is hard.
Sigh! I guess I should have not let my self be drawn in, but it is hard to refuse a opportunity to be loved when you are lonely.

Thank you Kupu2 ,I wish you the best with your son, I'm sure he is very lucky to have you for his mother.:)

Thank you, yes am getting gutted like a fish a bit....losing someone you really cared about and is hard.
Sigh! I guess I should have not let my self be drawn in, but it is hard to refuse a opportunity to be loved when you are lonely.

Thank you Kupu2 ,I wish you the best with your son, I'm sure he is very lucky to have you for his mother.:)
Gosh, Marlstrom. I rarely shed tears, but here I am, a single tear dropping for you and others who get kicked for being human. To think this person has allowed our light spirited Mael Man to be dulled... I hope you stay kind to yourself.

Gosh, Marlstrom. I rarely shed tears, but here I am, a single tear dropping for you and others who get kicked for being human. To think this person has allowed our light spirited Mael Man to be dulled... I hope you stay kind to yourself.
Thank you Kupu2 ,I have had much worse done to me, people do the cruelest things sometimes, maybe they don't see what they do. I'll get by somehow...health has not been wonderful of late so some of my natural bounceback is gone.
I hope life has been treating you well...some of us aspies should have a good day once in awhile.

I personnally don't believe the 4:1 ratio male to female autistics is correct. At least thats my impression after being on Aspie forums regularly for several years, and reconsidering people I have known, with new autism knowledge. I could believe 2:1, maybe.

I personnally don't believe the 4:1 ratio male to female autistics is correct. At least thats my impression after being on Aspie forums regularly for several years, and reconsidering people I have known, with new autism knowledge. I could believe 2:1, maybe.
my guess is 1:1 I see no biological reason for a difference...I could be wrong?
I simply think the Ladies get tested less.
Most testing now is only done if a problem is noticed enough to be asked for....maybe no one cares if girls are shy?

my guess is 1:1 I see no biological reason for a difference...I could be wrong?
I simply think the Ladies get tested less.
Most testing now is only done if a problem is noticed enough to be asked for....maybe no one cares if girls are shy?

Exactly.

So much of "what we know about autism" is simply based on males; if the criteria for autism reflected things that were more true for women than men, who knows? Because of sexism, a shy girl is seen as sweet and charming and not very sophisticated, while a shy boy is UNMANLY and that cannot be tolerated.

Likewise, a tomboy is an accepted way for a woman to behave even into the teen years, while the opposite is soooo not true.

I dunno, Werebear. It is possibly more tolerated, but certainly not acceptable to male partners. Men interested in me have expected me to grow my hair out, begin to wear make up and feminine clothes and lose my indepedence. It is hasn't been acceptable to my family either, who view me as a bloke in a female's body. Maybe I don't get hounded as much in overt way, but covert pressure to feminise has been a daily grind.

New Threads

Top Bottom