• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

when doctor asked how do I do things

CHEESEburger (how do people eat burgers without cheese?) Is built this way:

If using mayo or miracle whip (MW preferred) it goes on the bottom bun. Then the burger, with melted cheese. Dill pickles (no other pickles) get stuck in the cheese, then ketchup. Onion on top of that, then tomato.

Ingredients may be omitted but never switched around.

Of course, I like various and assorted restaurant burgers, with things like jalepenos and chipolte mayo...but if making them myself, it's as above.

I crack the middle of the egg first. What kind of heathen cracks the END of an egg?
What's actually the middle of an egg?

I'm a mayo or miracle whip (depending on what else is on sandwich) on top sort of person. And I'll eat a cheeseburger with mustard only, but I don't like the taste of melted cheese against mayo or miracle whip or tomatoes or ketchup.

I crack the middle of the egg first. What kind of heathen cracks the END of an egg?

Ah, the secret here lays in the state of the egg! Raw egg is a middle cracking.

A boiled egg however you crack the top end as that's where the air bubble is and so you can peel off the membrane so easier to shell it.

I think I now understand what the doctor was looking at when he asked me how I brush my teeth. He just asked me to demonstrate it for him, so I just kind of briefly went through the steps. Had he picked another example, it might have struck me. I mean, brushing your teeth - there's not a lot of variety, right?

I had that asked me too. It was a regress to aged 5 year old moment for me too. We've had this drummed into us from toddlers. As if we aren't capable. I found it dumb as I can drive for gods sake so of course I know how to brush my teeth!

They never asked about how the sensation is though? Or how an electric toothbrush feels like you're drilling through your brain (for me anyhow). Or how flossing & those hideous wire brushes feel..especially when you manage to strip them & the plastic junk is now wedged between your teeth.

And then you touch a metal filling with the raw wire! Ouch!!

I do most everything, systematically, and, particularly with regard to food preparation and consumption.

People with a broad sense of intricate methodologies. With or without OCD or autism.

That could describe my NT mother to a tee. I even used to kid her about how she did so many things in a methodical fashion.

She taught me well. Or maybe not at all! ;)

Actually Pats, when a friend first suggested I was maybe Aspergers, I mentioned it to my GP when there for another unrelated appointment. He waved his hand in the air, then he said 'My hand is on fire'. I looked and said 'No, it isn't'. He said 'OK, you don't have Aspergers'. Great in depth diagnosis Doc!

Actually Pats, when a friend first suggested I was maybe Aspergers, I mentioned it to my GP when there for another unrelated appointment. He waved his hand in the air, then he said 'My hand is on fire'. I looked and said 'No, it isn't'. He said 'OK, you don't have Aspergers'. Great in depth diagnosis Doc!

What the heck? What would the response be to get him to say you're autistic? :eek:

Agree with @Fino - what the heck was that?

What's actually the middle of an egg?

The middle of an egg is the imaginary section of the equatorial belt which is detected by measuring the distance from each of an egg's more pronounced poles, considered as the distance from one axis to the other split into two parts right where the area of Echerichia Coli settlements abundance is located.

This allows the egg to be ripped through and form two large tectonic plaques which can be used to scoop the literal center of the Egg from the outer core.

But if the mantle even as slightly scratches or pokes the core, it spills out into the outer space and is eventually swooped into a dark hole.

Greeks at Easter. They have a tradition where they have an egg cracking competion whereby each person takes an egg and they hit each other's eggs, one will crack where the other is intact. The winner is the person left with the intact egg.

The middle of an egg is the imaginary section of the equatorial belt which is detected by measuring the distance from each of an egg's more pronounced poles, considered as the distance from one axis to the other split into two parts right where the area of Echerichia Coli settlements abundance is located.

This allows the egg to be ripped through and form two large tectonic plaques which can be used to scoop the literal center of the Egg from the outer core.

But if the mantle even as slightly scratches or pokes the core, it spills out into the outer space and is eventually swooped into a dark hole.
I wonder if this also works for Cadbury's Cream Eggs.

What the heck did I just read???

Perhaps you made eye contact as you reassured your doctor that his hand wasn't on fire, which he took as disproof of Aspergers... either way, he's delusional and you probably need a different doctor.

Perhaps you made eye contact as you reassured your doctor that his hand wasn't on fire, which he took as disproof of Aspergers... either way, he's delusional and you probably need a different doctor.

Mind-blowing, but I've heard of such things happening. As if they relied on lists of traits and behaviors in almost a cliched manner.

Not taking into account how many of us who actually worked on being able to look people in the eye, even if it was- and still is inherently uncomfortable. I'd think much of any solid diagnosis cannot be conducted in such a rigid and conditional manner.

What if you poke small holes in the ends of the egg and blow the middle out? Wouldn't that be egg coming out of a dark hole?

Some outdated cliche dx strategy? Wow, a shock. Anyways, l need to ruminate on mayo and vegan hamburgers. I think Pats is talking about all the different textures of pickles, tomatoes, which means my tongue has OCD because l like to taste creaminess and the rest. It use to be eggshells in my egg salad would make me hit the ceiling but l have that more under control.

Some outdated cliche dx strategy? Wow, a shock. Anyways, l need to ruminate on mayo and vegan hamburgers. I think Pats is talking about all the different textures of pickles, tomatoes, which means my tongue has OCD because l like to taste creaminess and the rest. It use to be eggshells in my egg salad would make me hit the ceiling but l have that more under control.
Not just texture, which if I focus on food texture I can't even eat my favorites. (Maybe I need to start focusing on texture more. lol) But the taste of mayo and American cheese combined is yech!!! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom