• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

when doctor asked how do I do things

Greeks at Easter. They have a tradition where they have an egg cracking competion whereby each person takes an egg and they hit each other's eggs, one will crack where the other is intact. The winner is the person left with the intact egg.
This is true of my country too, but the eggs are boiled. Dont all people eat boiled eggs from the top?

This is true of my country too, but the eggs are boiled. Dont all people eat boiled eggs from the top?

Nope, lol. I never realized they peel easier if you crack them from the end. I'll do that from now on. No wonder I suck at peeling eggs!

When I was a kid the dentist always said to brush up and down and not from side to side, because the latter does not clean your teeth properly.

But I think that for many things there can be more than one "right" way to do something, and for some things it's only a cultural opinion what's right and wrong. For example just the other day I heard that someone visiting a western country from South Korea picked up and started playing with a baby whose parents they didn't even know or ask first, because in Korea this is perfectly fine and okay. Maybe there aren't nearly any sick and horrible individuals who kidnap and murder children in South Korea, but I really don't know.

first thing i might say to my doctor is , i walk or pace the floor a lot. i started doing this when i was on nightshift when nobody could see me at work. i once saw an animal at the zoo do this in its small cage, a wolf i think. i still do this at home now. just saying. i wonder if that wolf was just so bored or agony of being locked up so long. i felt sorry for it.

first thing i might say to my doctor is , i walk or pace the floor a lot. i started doing this when i was on nightshift when nobody could see me at work. i once saw an animal at the zoo do this in its small cage, a wolf i think. i still do this at home now. just saying. i wonder if that wolf was just so bored or agony of being locked up so long. i felt sorry for it.

I do the same thing! Constantly.

Movement can be satisfying, it gets us out of our head space. I don't ruminate as much after coming here and reading it's a trait, l just thought l was a overthinker. But movement of our physical body requires our immediate thought process. I thought by my constant body movement that it was nervous energy, but now l wonder if it's just another thinly disguised stimming habit?

Movement can be satisfying, it gets us out of our head space. I don't ruminate as much after coming here and reading it's a trait, l just thought l was a overthinker. But movement of our physical body requires our immediate thought process. I thought by my constant body movement that it was nervous energy, but now l wonder if it's just another thinly disguised stimming habit?
its definitely stimming imo,if im not doing that im rocking my legs back and forth while sitting.

My OCD is so "severe" that I became ambidextrous just so my left side and right side can be used equally lol. It's true! I used to be right-handed. But then I just started writing with my left hand. Now I'm just ambidextrous. No more leftie or righty. I also do everything else a certain way, and I RARELY ever change my routine. In fact, I don't unless there's a necessary better way.

New Threads

Top Bottom