• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When did you lose your last milk/baby tooth?

I lost my milk teeth very early.
The last one was one of my upper front teeth and I was six yrs. old.

The wisdom teeth didn't come in until I was 15 and there wasn't enough room in my jaw line for them.
They barely surfaced and ached.
I had them extracted with only local anesthetic.
I don't want to be put under for anything if I can help it.

Then I decided to get braces and had to have four more teeth removed to make room for the repositioning. Awake for all 8 teeth to be extracted. Two at a time!
I really couldn't find the right "like" icon to give your post... but auch - two in the same event, I'm not sure I could have received that. I hope the end result was worth it :)

I never lost my canine teeth. I guess I was either born with my adult canines or I still have my baby teeth there.
That's interesting... I think there is a difference between the outer layer of baby and adult teeth, so a dentist should be able to tell.

I got my first wisdom tooth at age 14, which is also early.
I wonder if I'll have a set of false teeth by the time I'm 40, being so my teeth seem to be so early in all milestones?
Mind you, my teeth are healthy.

I cannot remember when I lost my molars. But when it comes to my front teeth I was quite slow. At the age of 11 or 12 they had to pull the two big upper front teeth out because they would not come out on their own.

I lost my last one in 2015 when I was 63 years old. It didn't fall out, it had to be pulled - very difficultly. It had to come out for a surgery to correct an upper jaw deformity birth defect. The deformity caused the tooth that was supposed to replace the baby tooth simply grew up next to the baby tooth. But, that wasn't the reason for the surgery.

I never knew it was a baby tooth until the surgeon told me it was.

I lost my last one in 2015 when I was 63 years old. It didn't fall out, it had to be pulled - very difficultly. It had to come out for a surgery to correct an upper jaw deformity birth defect. The deformity caused the tooth that was supposed to replace the baby tooth simply grew up next to the baby tooth. But, that wasn't the reason for the surgery.

I never knew it was a baby tooth until the surgeon told me it was.
Wow! That's a very long time to hold on to a baby tooth! I thought that mine holding on until my 20s was a long time!

I just realised since reading @Rodafina's post that I can't remember losing my canines but I'm sure I must have as the ones I have seem too big to be baby teeth.

I think both you and Rodafina hold the record in this thread so far :)

If my memory’s correct, my last loose tooth came out when I was 11. I was at school at the time.

I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was 21. They used anesthesia. Once it wore off, it was very painful.

New Threads

Top Bottom