• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's Your IQ? (Free-IQTest)

Jordan

Technology Advocate
What's your IQ?

There are 20 questions, some hard, some relatively easy and common sense!

My IQ is 142!

l142.gif

Click here to take your test, and share your score below!

I got 146. I also figured out how to make it display "160+" so showing the image would be an exercise in futility. 160 is the maximum the test can give, The lowest is 70 even though the lowest it will actually display is "<75".

I can't help but question the accuracy of this test - I doubt I'd get such a high score on a more "official" IQ test as I don't believe my level of intelligence is anything more than ordinary.

l144.gif

Last time I took an IQ test was around 10 years ago and it was more thorough. I don't remember the numeric result, but they did say that I was special and was as smart as only 5% of the population. Whatever I guess.

Most people I know say I'm the smartest person they know, but I don't believe it. I think they say that because how I can visualize, fix, design, and build things is just second nature to me, and it is a struggle or impossible for them. I am good at a lot of things but really suck at other things. For example literature, street smarts, and worldly knowledge (I'd fail miserably at Jeopardy).

BTW in the test results pages they said IQ depends on response time. I wonder if it is applicable to this test. Considering that my dialup connection is extremely slow, and one question I had to go to the bathroom.

Last edited:
I got 146. I also figured out how to make it display "160+" so showing the image would be an exercise in futility. 160 is the maximum the test can give, The lowest is 70 even though the lowest it will actually display is "<75".

I can't help but question the accuracy of this test - I doubt I'd get such a high score on a more "official" IQ test as I don't believe my level of intelligence is anything more than ordinary.

Same here. I really doubt the test is accurate when comparing results with other tests. And intelligence is not some thing in the brain for which people have different values/sizes anyway. IQ tests are simply tests of how well you can perform on an IQ test.

EDIT: Showed the test to my family and told them all to do it as fast as possible and they all scored above 140 (except my mom, didn't tell her and she got 100)... probably not accurate.

Same here. I really doubt the test is accurate when comparing results with other tests. And intelligence is not some thing in the brain for which people have different values/sizes anyway. IQ tests are simply tests of how well you can perform on an IQ test.

EDIT: Showed the test to my family and told them all to do it as fast as possible and they all scored above 140 (except my mom, didn't tell her and she got 100)... probably not accurate.

I guess it's only a bit of fun that passes the time! It's not a real IQ test, only a demo.

I've come to realize also that these tests are based on reaction time too, but otherwise the tests are insubstantial with regards to a real test. As this one only has 20 questions.

It's funny how everyones results are close to each other. Either we're all equally "smart" or the test is a scam... I think the latter. Though I don't want to discredit any of you for the effort you put into said test ;)

I tend to have a slight issue with tests like this. And perhaps that's my aspie brain thinking/talking here; a lot of those things, especially the ones where you have to pick "what word does not belong" are geared towards a form of common knowledge. They say nothing about intelligence in my opinion. Though on the other hand, what if I just have a different reasoning why something doesn't belong in said list. It's, in a sense, the wrong answer. Have a list of 5 animals; the one that doesn't belong is the one without legs. But what if there's a really obscure detail a zoologist knows about these species; for instance, they all share a common genetic thing, but perhaps it's not the one without legs that's different, but one of those with legs. The reason why I'm pulling out the aspie card on this, is because I've come to realize on forums like AC, that some people on the spectrum have a different way of connecting things. Not necessarily wrong, it's just... different.

Also; would it mean that someone who is terrible with math, is not as bright as others? Some people have dyscalculia... and let's not even forget the entire notion of the jumbled letters, which might make someone with dyslexia cringe.

Another way to think about it is that we are proving the theory that people with Asperger's tend to be of high intelligence.

I had my IQ tested a few years ago by a psychiatrist and he came up with an IQ score from between 108 to 110. I think the above IQ test is very dubious as it nearly always gives a high or low number.

I don't think it means anything to be "of high intelligence." Like Einstein said:

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

Einstein (who likely had Asperger's) was able to understand many concepts and creatively make connections between them to derive his theories. That could be seen as genius. But when I hear my mom having a comfortable 4-hour conversation with a stranger on an airplane, to me that seems genius.

And not only is it subjective, but there is no defined neurological source of intelligence. These intelligence tests really don't mean much. While on a mass-scale they may seem to have predictive capabilities (academic performance, years of education, longevity, job performance, etc) having a relatively high IQ score doesn't mean much nor does having a low one. In addition, research suggests that how interested you are in taking the IQ tests will significantly influence the score you end up receiving. More focused, motivated people score higher. How can you objectively measure a daydreamer's intelligence (me)?

People with Asperger's aren't smarter than people without. We "think different". That's all.

Interesting. Almost the same as I took a few years ago and in 1980. But does it really mean much of anything?

l137.gif

IMO online IQ tests are not reliable and should be taken with a grain of salt. They're just for fun and in no way indicative of one's true score or potential. The point of them is usually to get you to buy something. I feel really bad for people who test low on them because it probably isn't really that low in actuality. I have no doubt that people will get close to what their score might have been in other times but there's lots of reasons that could be the case.

I have been officially IQ tested numerous times in my life because they never knew what to do with me, and somehow missed the obvious (ADHD, AS, learning disabilities) but I grew up in a very small town in the 70s and I don't think they had even heard of ADHD or autism or anything else except for really extreme cases, they probably weren't too familiar either considering the time and place. I never even heard of any other kids, like, 'oh that kid has ADD' or anything. My ADHD is late diagnosis and same with my AS.

The last test I had was 3 or 4 years ago when I had to leave a job and they didn't know where to put me for work, and it was the WAIS-III Weschler Adult Intelligence Scale but I've taken others since I was a child in the 70s. I don't remember what they were called. Anyway, the testing is always done by a clinical psychologist or someone who is certified in some way by a professional organization. That's important, to maintain standards and accountability. The test I had took up a full 8 hour day. I did do another test as well as the WEIS though, called Holland codes (I think? I could look it up) which shows where you have potential or skills for certain jobs. There were a few other little subtests but again I can't remember what they were called, I'm pretty sure one of them was a personality inventory to screen for possible psychiatric disorder (hope I passed with flying colours, uh oh :p). Fun fact- the testing cost something around $1800.

But yeah, to get an accurate score, there are numerous subtests that measure different intellectual processes such as memory (both short and long term, 'working' memory), computation, and lots of other stuff. If anyone has any questions or curiosity about IQ tests, I could do my best to answer. I know quite a bit about them because of some other reasons too, it's one of my topics of research and while I wouldn't claim expertise, I definitely have access to reliable information about them.

Wintertime, I totally agree with what you said. My thought process of the questions on that IQ test was confusing but good because I took the question, guessed different scenarios of that question, and used my abstract skills to my advantage.

There was a CATs (Cognitive Abilities Test) I took before I entered high school at aged 10. I scored 100% and was labelled gifted.

It scores on verbal (thinking with words), quantitative (thinking with numbers), and non-verbal (thinking with shapes and abstractness).

A test like this can never define a person's intelligence even an IQ test. But can open doors to opportunities and give you chance to work in the higher sets. Although they told me that because I worked at a higher level than other pupils, I was more intelligent and ahead of other people. I used to be able to read books at a young age (3); way before I even went into primary school.

But until my AS had even arose 8 years later, I still regret not taking the opportunities that was given to me at such a young age. I still question why I got diagnosed at such a later age. But I am glad I have these qualities. :)

That is wonderful, Jordan. Your post resonates with me. :) I agree with much of what you said. I am also a 'gifted' and have done considerable research on the subject in an effort to understand myself and how I was different from others. And of course, that also led to my investigation and eventual diagnosis on the spectrum. I have also wanted to use the information I've found to help others, because I know very much how difficult it can be when you have these qualities but nobody around you understands or has the information to help you fulfil your potential. I didn't even understand myself (I didn't have the information I needed) and I had much existential depression. Information, answers helped me understand and obtain some inner peace and at least a humble sense of purpose.

As I've mentioned, I'm older and grew up in a very sheltered way, we lived on a farm property in a small town that didn't know what to do with me. I had many problems because my needs weren't met or even really identified, and I didn't have the most stable home life. They tested me and knew that I had elevated intellectual abilities and potential; however, they didn't realize that many challenges come along with this. It was thought that everything came easy to people with high intelligence, and the success was a path that just magically opened up for us, and any lack of it was attributed to laziness or other character failings. We have much better and more comprehensive information out there now, thankfully. But there is still a lot of misconception amongst people who haven't specifically looked into it.

I also learned to read on my own, like you at a very young age, and have the other qualities that are associated with giftedness including things like entelechy, high sensitivity, asynchronous development (sounds familiar, doesn't it?). I am officially designated '2E' which means twice exceptional- the definition of which is a gifted person who also has other challenges like learning disabilities, or developmental disorders, or other challenges that impede or affect the process of learning. In my research, it looks like the spectrum and giftedness have a lot in common with many qualities that mutually present within each definition. Just call me Captain Obvious, I probably haven't said anything that wasn't already known in this post. :D

I didn't share a number but I try and forget I have one. I've had a lot of negative attention when I've been honest about my um, status. I hope that's ok. I genuinely am posting in this thread in case I have information that might help someone. If my posts are inappropriate for this thread, I apologise and would delete this or move it to a more appropriate thread. I still have a case of 'new-itis' here so I'm trying not to make work for the mods but I am so anxious to participate on subjects that I have a passionate interest. :) (thinking in terms of thread derailing, I've seen it in some others but I'm unsure if it's undesired and I kind of derailed a little)

Last edited:
I do not think Aspergers and Genius should be synonymous words. The generic "Sheldon Cooper" description of AS and the relationship between genius and Aspergers is in part why people who are self-diagnosed that need to be diagnosed aren't taken seriously.

Still , I do find it interesting how many people in here are "gifted" so to speak. I myself took an iq test at a young age and scored a number that was really ridiculously high. I never totally believed it, but am scared to test again, as part of me did believe it. ha I am autodidactic and multitalented at a number of things.

I have always felt like a little bit of an idiot-savant, but definitely the idiot part is there too :) . I think the term 'intellectually imbalanced' describes it well. I don't like considering myself smart because i feel like i do dumb stuff on the daily. Maybe i'm being a little hard on myself, but its true.

i think the culprit is in part because ASD thought patterns are visual or just different than a NT. Not as concrete as NTs .And also the amount of focus we can have creates a different depth of field than NT

Have a list of 5 animals; the one that doesn't belong is the one without legs. But what if there's a really obscure detail a zoologist knows about these species; for instance, they all share a common genetic thing, but perhaps it's not the one without legs that's different, but one of those with legs.

I guess that makes the most sense, the one without the legs. Honestly the way I saw it was the one that was different was the one that was cold blooded. But still ended up being the same answer.

Yes people are smart in different ways. Sometimes I wonder if I'm so smart, why am I a slave to a company in a cold miserable climate, instead of living somewhere warm and earning big money effortlessly off investments and things? And if I'm so smart, why can't I win in the legal system, while vast numbers of people around here know how to lie and cheat and get what they want out of the system while spending their days choosing what they want to do, and often having better things than I do? I guess it's a case of the the grass is always greener. I envy people who have the innate ability to get what they want out of life and I see them as smarter. Others envy me for the things I can do and often see me as smarter.

How about we all take a test of *social IQ? Heh heh heh. The small-talk challenge or somesuch. I got 140 on the above one, FWIW.

I'd give up quite a few points to be a social genius, cause let's face it, that's what counts in life.

He he. 138. But, that's consistent with this sort of thing online. Interesting. But, what use is it really? It does test number recognition and mathematical ability, some logical thought and pattern recognition, but that's about it. If you have a good education in maths it gives you a better chance of a higher score, but not everyone is mathematically lucky. Yes, grain of salt, but I don't think iq is purely a sign of intelligence. it's a sign of education, which doesn't mean the same thing!! :D

I much prefer patterns to maths or letters (I hate letters - took me ages to work them out!). I know maths is patterns, but I like visual stuff. anyway, we all have strengths and weaknesses. IQ isn't as important as EQ or social skills in the world. Or, may e they are all relevant and just because one is higher than average doesnt make life easier? :)

-edit; just tried an eq test online. 146 questions! Much more detailed and I think much more useful than the iq test. If the iq test had 146 questions instead of 20(!)....

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom