• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your favorite number and why?

My aspie wife's is 13. Having AS, she finds no logic is superstition and therefore claims this number is lucky for her (which is a bit of an oxymoron and furthermore, 13 typically is lucky for her which makes it even more bizarre)
As an NT, mine has always been 11. I do have anxiety and some OCD....therefore, when getting caught in a routine of doing something multiple times, I always do it 11 times. Why? It is the first prime number with nothing associated with it: 3 - too common; 5 - a common divisor of many numbers and a currency size; 7 - religious association.

The number of years Marvin the Paranoid Android was stuck on Magrathea in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.. that number's stuck in my head since I first read the books, in my 20's, I think; for some reason, remembering it always makes me grin. :D

My favorite numbers are part of a pattern. Numbers ending in zero (because they feel more complete to me), numbers +-2 from numbers ending in zeros (so numbers ending in 2's and 8's). And then I like 5's because they are exactly halfway between too complete numbers (those ending in zeros). So, 0, 2, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 20, etc. Doesn't that pattern look awesome!?! ;)

Also, I randomly like the number 17... I'm not really sure why since it doesn't follow the pattern. o_O

It is green.
That's not why I like it.

I like it because it is 3.
If I could say why I like it,
if there were a finite number
of mundane reasons for liking it,
that would diminish the importance of 3.
It would be just a thing that I could explain.
Maybe I like 3 and it is just inexplicably amazing
that I do.
It is green.

My favourite number is 5. It started in some kids play I saw when I was little. There were actresses before the show that interacted with the crowd. On of them talked a long time with me and I really liked her. The number 5 somehow relates to her, I think it was her and four others, thus five. I made a concious decision there that 5 would be my favourite number and somehow it stuck.

Probably because later I heard about the 5 elements etc. but now I still prefer 5 over other numbers, except 25 (because 5x5). I like multiples of 5 too, with a special mention for 50.

I also have a high preference for round numbers and I favor even over odd numbers. Though odd numbers make me laugh more. For some reason...

25 because that was the age I was when I found myself completely comfortable on stage and, actually believed all of those fans were cheering for me because I had worked hard on my talent. It was the year I learned what real self confidence meant, and the year I learned that I could overcome my struggles if I set my mind to doing it.

I like the number 9. All multiples of 9 up to 10 add up to 9. 2x9=18. 1+8=9. And then, 3x9=27. 2+7=9. That's cool!

Also, 42. It's the answer to life, the universe and everything. Neat. If only things were so simple! Actually, I'm glad they aren't, because then life would be incredibly boring - everything reduced to 42!!

I like the number 9. All multiples of 9 up to 10 add up to 9. 2x9=18. 1+8=9. And then, 3x9=27. 2+7=9. That's cool!
In fact, every number whose digits add up to nine, or to a number divisible by nine, is itself divisible by nine. The same is true of the number three.

I like 2 because it is mysterious, and I enjoy adding it to odd numbers to get another odd number, which is fun. Also the numbers 13, 7, 21, 4, and on the clock I love 11:11. I have a special favorite number but I can't tell what it is. :) Often I add up the digits of numbers I happen to see, just a mental stim I guess. It is as fun as sliding down a slide, and that is what I feel inside when I do it.

12. There are 12 months in a year. 12 hours on a clock. 12 inches in a foot. 12 years in childhood (before the teen years). 12 primary Greek gods/goddesses (I read this somewhere). 12 grades in school. 12 apostles (I'm not religious, but it's still neat knowing that the number 12 works into all this). 12 is the perfect number for summing things up into a perfect, explainable little package. It's also how come the "12" in my username is there.

13, because it follows 12. Kidding. 13 has been lucky for me in the past.

My second-favourite is 4, so the Chinese can also be offended by me. :D

11. What colour is that, I wonder? Numbers all have meanings and it depends what I'm resonating with at any particular moment, but double numbers have a special fascination, 22, 33, 44...

If you don't know why I won't bother explaining unless you inbox me.

there's also 1337. But thats a deep computer meme that almost no one will get.

I usually default to it.
[It seemed like there were 8thousand people there!]

But also, visually, you don't have to stop looking at it, you can just keep following the line, but you can easily split it into two shapes that are the same thing and it's a mirror. And a mirror. And eyes. And two eggs. and forever. OR NOTHING AND NOTHING.

But you know I didn't think about any of this until I eventually realized I always default to it.

So there's that.

8]

I don't really believe I have a favorite number, but I've always been rather bad with numbers and math and such. My head is a bit too much chaos to keep track of what I'm trying to calculate, so I tend to lose track of what I'm doing and having to start over again, writing down usually results in a lot of scribbles and then I don't really know what I just did and give up xD

New Threads

Top Bottom