• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your favorite number and why?

Also: 8 is great.
I love eight. It's the third power of two. When I was little, my favorite shape was the octagon, although that may have been mostly because it was the shape with the highest number of sides that I knew of. It's possible that I wanted to one-up my peers a little, haha.

I like all numbers in the thirties and forties. I think they are cool. Not to mention that most of my friends are in that range.

You know, I just realised that the title of this thread contained "and why." Leave it to us to have a reason for our favorite number :3

4104. I like it because it can be made up of the sum of two positive cubes in two different ways !

16^3 + 2^3 4096 + 8

15^3 + 9^3 3375 + 729

That's a fun number. :cool::p

numbers are magic for me. why, i don't know. but numbers me understand better than words. just a look at things i guess. good at math i am. happy numbers make me feel. learn to like most number I am.

7 just because of cultural connotations worldwide, in china they see it as a lucky number and 7 is often seen as gods number (one higher than the devils number 6), im unsure of the reasons for this worldwide fascination with the number seven nor do i believe it or any other number to be lucky or to be godly or otherwise, regardless i find the cultural fascination interesting and thus 7 is my faviroute number.

3 and anything divisible by it

I always have to checkout at a register divisible by three, preferably 3 itself

5. I prefer odd numbers in general, it's harder to make things symmetrical with even numbers. I never really thought about it but I have realised I have 5 of a lot of things, 5 each of the two different types of storage baskets I have, 5 scatter cushions in the lounge, 5 pillows, when I get food shopping I will often buy 5 of the item as well.

13 and 4 are my favorite numbers for they have been unfairly persecuted, in the west and east respectively. I suppose I must give a slite edge to 13, however, because it is a prime number.

My favorite integer would be either 89 or 79, since I picture these numbers as elegant, very intelligent, and over-dressed -in a swanky way- women that are princesses of a future era.

13 because it's really a random number, I never have to use it in math, doesn't divide by any whole number evenly (at least I don't think so), and it seems to be every number I get in anything. It's a fun word to say. Thirteen. Hehehehehe.

Here's a happy accident ?

My post count prior to this is 1729.

If you add up the digits 1 + 7 + 2 + 9 you get 19

Multiply 19 by its mirror image 91 then you get back to 1729 again !

Also 1729 can also be represent as the sum of two positive cubes :)

12^3 = 1728 , 1^3 = 1 summing to 1729
10^3 = 1000 , 9^3 = 729 summing to 1729

I <3 Maths. It is totally awesome :cool::D

I'm a big fan of powers of 2. Other than powers of 2, I've also always liked 48, though I'm not exactly sure why. Oh, I also feel that 34 is a nice number. I think this is because it is 9th number in the Fibonacci sequence and because it is the row/column/diagonal sum of a 4x4 normal magic square, e.g.

1 14 15 4
8 11 10 5
12 7 6 9
13 2 3 16

Last edited:
My favorite integer would be either 89 or 79, since I picture these numbers as elegant, very intelligent, and over-dressed -in a swanky way- women that are princesses of a future era.

89 is a very nice number (the 11th number in the Fibonacci sequence), but 79 doesn't do much for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom