• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What’s the temperature in your location today?

250 Kelvin

Visiting my cousin
Edmonton_Leporidae2_-JefferyJ-Nichols-User-Arctic-gnome-CC-Att-SA3-Un.jpg

80°F here in LA, it finally started feeling like summer last week! though i'm used to it being much hotter (i used to live in central FL). throw on some shorts and a tshirt, get outside and bring it on! make sure to drink water!

91f. June has been most pleasant this year, alas it looks as though 100+f is in the immediate future.....

74, the phone says.

Normally I'd be going out and either walking around or driving around that (usually driving, during my "up at night" periods) but today I aint even going outside. The freaking AIR WAS WRONG today. *looks outside* Okay it's still wrong.

I'm close to Chicago. Chicago did not have a good happy time air day. Smoke!

....I have to go to the store, dont I. ugh

74, the phone says.

Normally I'd be going out and either walking around or driving around that (usually driving, during my "up at night" periods) but today I aint even going outside. The freaking AIR WAS WRONG today. *looks outside* Okay it's still wrong.

I'm close to Chicago. Chicago did not have a good happy time air day. Smoke!

....I have to go to the store, dont I. ugh
Y'all are getting the smoke from the fires in Canada.... we had that for a few days a couple weeks ago in NYC. A lot of people had trouble with their lungs here....especially asthmatics...and went to the hospital for it. They closed schools, cancelled outdoor events, and told us to wear N-95 or KN-95 masks if we had to go out. Don't know what they are advising where you are now. I wore a mask for a couple of days, and you could still smell the smoke. We could even smell the smoke inside the apartment with all the windows closed! It was awful. Be careful! Hopefully you will get some rain soon and it will clear it out.

Y'all are getting the smoke from the fires in Canada.... we had that for a few days a couple weeks ago in NYC. A lot of people had trouble with their lungs here....especially asthmatics...and went to the hospital for it. They closed schools, cancelled outdoor events, and told us to wear N-95 or KN-95 masks if we had to go out. Don't know what they are advising where you are now. I wore a mask for a couple of days, and you could still smell the smoke. We could even smell the smoke inside the apartment with all the windows closed! It was awful. Be careful! Hopefully you will get some rain soon and it will clear it out.

I just got back from it, it's worse than I'd thought. According to my father who has been following this, it's "the equivalent of smoking half a pack of cigarettes a day" if you're out for too long right now.

I knew something was extra wrong when I got to the fields I usually drive by and found myself asking "wait, where's the water tower? ....oh" And then I get to the store, park the car, and I'm like "Well, I'm here... I mean, it's pretty hazy, but... I can do this, how bad can it be?" *opens door* "MISTAKES WERE MADE"

So... yeah going out there wasnt one of my better ideas. Though it seems to depend on exactly where you are. The area right around the house isnt TOO bad. The area around the store is directly in a smog blob. Naturally, that's where I just went, because of course it was.

I feel like I need a shower.

Fortunately the air inside the house is fine, all the windows are usually closed and there's air purifiers all over the place (because of my allergies, you see. Pollen and mold, specifically).

My personal best is 108.6. Meningitis. It's a little different when you have that kind of temperature internally. It's a special experience.
Wow, I can’t even imagine having a fever that high!
I had a 105 degree fever when I was hospitalized and almost died from the flu in 2010.

To stay on topic, it was about 90F today and will be 81 tomorrow. A bit cooler but still probably good that I will be at a water park.

It's 1:30 am and the temp is 82 degrees F. 81% humidity.
It was 96 degrees F. this afternoon per thermometer on backdoor.
Yep, mid-Florida.

I had a 105 degree fever when I was hospitalized and almost died from the flu in 2010
Highest temperature I’ve had was a 104 fever when I was five and a half. I was very prone to getting sick until I had my tonsils taken out. Recently was a 102 degree fever that occurred a year ago. A couple of months ago, I had to miss three days of work because I had a fever and another coworker had to cover the shifts I couldn’t make it to.

I just got back from it, it's worse than I'd thought. According to my father who has been following this, it's "the equivalent of smoking half a pack of cigarettes a day" if you're out for too long right now.

I knew something was extra wrong when I got to the fields I usually drive by and found myself asking "wait, where's the water tower? ....oh" And then I get to the store, park the car, and I'm like "Well, I'm here... I mean, it's pretty hazy, but... I can do this, how bad can it be?" *opens door* "MISTAKES WERE MADE"

So... yeah going out there wasnt one of my better ideas. Though it seems to depend on exactly where you are. The area right around the house isnt TOO bad. The area around the store is directly in a smog blob. Naturally, that's where I just went, because of course it was.

I feel like I need a shower.

Fortunately the air inside the house is fine, all the windows are usually closed and there's air purifiers all over the place (because of my allergies, you see. Pollen and mold, specifically).
I am glad you were ok and that the air inside of your house is good. I have HEPA filters in the house too, and I think that helped a lot. We kept the windows closed for at least a week solid. The smoke was only visible/ smelly for the first couple days... but the air quality index was still really bad for a few more days after that, and we still had to take precautions w/ windows closed, masks, limiting outdoor activity etc. The AQI got up to the 400s on smoky days and was in 300s and 200s for a few days after, until the weather system that was pulling the air down from Canada moved along....and we got some rain. I think a lot of people got sick on the days after the smoke cleared because it wasn't obvious that the air was bad, so they went out in it a lot. But, you can't not go outside, because life is still going on and there are things that must be done :) I would just check the AQI rating on the weather app on my phone and see if I needed a mask/ could open the windows, etc. or not.... because the news reporters didn't talk about the air quality as much after the smoke was no longer visible, and it was still dangerous air for everyone.

New Threads

Top Bottom