• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's something you always wanted to do but never got to

Have money to travel a bit more, invent and patent something, go to an unexplored place of the planet (if any still exist) and discover new species, discover an extraterrestial life form :)

Visit the USA. That could still happen. Is there an overland route? Not keen on flying.
Flying would stop me from going, too. Last time I flew I said never, never again. Not even a short flight. No nope no way.

Be partially independant ie driving, which would have opened up so many wonderful opportunities to me, but too late now.
It's never too late. Remember the Andy Griffith show where Aunt Bea got her driver's license? :)

Y'all's sound a lot more exciting than what I wrote. lol Actually, I've gotten to do so much in my life and grateful that I have done most the things I've wanted to do. My bucket list is complete - maybe I should work on a new one. I was almost 50 when I rode across country on back of a motorcycle and learned to ride one myself. I was 60 when I finally slept in middle of a desert area. I was in my 50's when I finally got to go through a slot canyon and got to see cliff dwellings. 30's when I drove to Alaska. Those were my big things and I did them.
I guess there is one other thing that I always wanted to do, but now is definitely too late. I wanted to just take off on foot and walk by day, find somewhere to sleep at night and keep going and see where I'd end up.

Fly on my own two wings. Actually, I can do that, in dreams. It's the most amazing sensation ever, for me, and I really want to do it in real life.

Something less interesting but that I also desperately want to do is be able to speak normally (no random pauses, no stumbling over words, proper inflection, etc.) and whenever I want to. I hate my selective mutism and speech issues.

I would like to go somewhere that is very remote. I would love to go to South Georgia Island in the summer and explore. It still would be cold, but better than the winter.

African photo safari, visit Argentina and eat beef and drink Malbec wines, visit Norway and eat fresh cod and salmon, visit France and eat cheeses and drink Cote du Rhone wines, Mardi Gras in Brazil, and about a million other things.

I’ve done a lot of cool stuff-
But what I haven’t, and I still plan to include

Through Hiking the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine.

Run Rim to Rim To Rim in the Grand Canyon

Leave from my garage on my motorcycle and ride to Deadhorse Alaska

See the World Trade Center towers before they were destroyed.

Get good enough musically to play on a big stage (supporting musician, not frontman).

It's never too late. Remember the Andy Griffith show where Aunt Bea got her driver's license? :)

Never heard of that show, but sadly, it is too late for me, unless some miracle happened.

I reside in a country where the language is different to my native one and currently, I have to learn the highway code in that language and I have tried and failed, because, in effect, it is multi tasking and I cannot multi task, so until the highway code is translated into English and I can learn in English, there is very little hope and believe me, I have tried.

I always wanted my ex to drop me off at church in his big semi truck. Never happened. :)
Ha I used to pick up/drop off my dad from Heathrow when he visited from Chicago in my HGV/semi. The staff were never too impressed because I had to continually drive round the one way system until he came out of the building. No pick up points for HGVs, probably not allowed these days

New Threads

Top Bottom