• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's something cool from the U.S. that's hard to get in Europe?

Oh I know what to get them!

iu

iu

I love Starbucks' Siren Tumbler. I honestly wish I could receive this as a gift someday. (Because I am a mermaid, and thus, like these sorts of things).

iu

All coffee sold in the US except for Hawaiian (Kona) coffee is imported from somewhere else. Plain old coffee beans are bitter and not sweet in flavor. I've read that Scandinavians, and Norwegians in particular, drink a lot more coffee than typical Americans and that most of your coffee is imported from South America, just like ours. It may be cheaper here but that's the only advantage that I see.

Yeah I don't pretending to know what the difference is, I just know that every American I've talked to who's tried our coffee here in Sweden says it's much stronger and more bitter than what they're used to. Maybe it's the way the beans are roasted?

Yeah I don't pretending to know what the difference is, I just know that every American I've talked to who's tried our coffee here in Sweden says it's much stronger and more bitter than what they're used to. Maybe it's the way the beans are roasted?

It could be how they are roasted. The darker the roast, the more bitter the coffee. Or it could be that Scandinavians prefer making their coffee stronger than typical Americans. The strongest coffee I've ever tried was in Istanbul, Turkey. It is so thick that a spoon will practically stand upright in the glass in which it is served.

Mason Jars for canning

iu

An Instant Pot

iu

An Air Fryer

iu

A George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine

iu

Mason Jars for canning

iu

An Instant Pot

iu

An Air Fryer

iu

A George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine

These American-made cooking devices would require a power adapter to use in Croatia and they really don't feel like a professional type of gift for a business associate or business contact. They might be a wonderful personal gift for a relative or friend in Europe.

How about something truly American, like hardcore patriotism? And what better way to express it, than through a refrigerator magnet?

9e3ed0c7-ce10-4a94-b315-d980d1ec5f5f_1.70d3e92254fa61effd8e99e699fe9635.jpeg

7f0798d2-465d-424b-89c8-1bb770412bbf_1.3a10a54a234c87f50bd1177d4242ac9b.jpeg

iu

Last edited:
How about something truly American, like hardcore patriotism? And what better way to express it, than through a refrigerator magnet?

9e3ed0c7-ce10-4a94-b315-d980d1ec5f5f_1.70d3e92254fa61effd8e99e699fe9635.jpeg

7f0798d2-465d-424b-89c8-1bb770412bbf_1.3a10a54a234c87f50bd1177d4242ac9b.jpeg

iu

Bet they don't sell these in Europe

A business gift is needed to express gratitude for a successful business relationship. Refrigerator magnets and in-your-face American patriotism themes are not appropriate. I've given and received many professional business gifts on behalf of my law firm. Many gifts more appropriate for the circumstances are available. Why would anyone from Croatia (or the US for that matter) want kitschy American junk, especially something that promotes American patriotism?

These are all lovely gifts but they're also all readily available in Europe, so it doesn't make much sense to have one shipped over.
That's one of the little problems of our modern world, we're becoming more homogenised. You can pretty much buy anything anywhere and it's difficult to choose a gift if you want it to have cultural significance. Almost anything is now "generic".

I've decided that IF everything goes well and I'm inclined to tip these gentlemen, I will simply ask them if they or their families would like anything shipped over from the States.

I will report back in the summer.

Papa Murphy pizza

There are so many different pizza chains in America, and some are better (or worse) than others, so that would be a fun experiment lol

Everyone I know who moved to America from a different country prefers independent pizza places over chains like Papa Gino's or Domino's (I agree.)
In my town, we have a Greek pizza place, a Peel Pizza (Italian thin crust) and an upscale restaurant that has quite possibly the best pizza I've ever had in my life. But all three are really good.
All things considered, the pizza at Panera Bread is less terrible than some of the other chains, surprisingly.

What about a very good Bourbon Whiskey? Or if the person smokes cigarettes, a carton of American Spirit cigarettes?

I had an idea, a genuine Morgan silver dollar in a PCGS holder. That's as American as a bald eagle singing the national anthem at a baseball game. It's not common in Europe and it looks nice, very decorative, it's big and it's silver. And it has value that will probably go up over time. Or a Peace dollar, but I think the Morgan dollars are the most special ones. They are old with lots of history behind them. Maybe especially the ones from Carson City. The perfect ones are expensive but I'm sure you can find a nice used one for around $100.

This is just an example of one:

Last edited:
I had an idea, a genuine Morgan silver dollar in a PCGS holder. That's as American as a bald eagle singing the national anthem at a baseball game. It's not common in Europe and it looks nice, very decorative, it's big and it's silver. And it has value that will probably go up over time. Or a Peace dollar, but I think the Morgan dollars are the most special ones. They are old with lots of history behind them. Maybe especially the ones from Carson City. The perfect ones are expensive but I'm sure you can find a nice used one for around $100.

This is just an example of one:

Cool idea. I have two of those on my desk right now. Not graded, but one from 1878 and the other from 1921. They are hefty and make a very distinct sound/tone when you flip them in the air.

New Threads

Top Bottom