• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's for dinner?

Have you found vegan cheese that doesn't have coconut in it? If so what is the brand name thanks:)
Oh sorry, I make my own cheese. But it doesn't have coconut! I would tell you how to do it, but I don't know how much of every ingredient is used. It's made of potatoes and a lot of people do it so I'm sure the recipe is easy to find.

Tonight I had a vegetarian pizza on cauliflower crust. Ate the whole thing in one sitting. At least it was healthy!

Oh sorry, I make my own cheese. But it doesn't have coconut! I would tell you how to do it, but I don't know how much of every ingredient is used. It's made of potatoes and a lot of people do it so I'm sure the recipe is easy to find.

You could do it the way manufacturers do ,so list the first as being the most of the recipe and then incrementally down to the least ingredient do you think potatoes are used as a filler so for instance the other ingredients are just flavourings ,do you use a certain amount of flour of some form.

@Streetwise
@noah
and anybody else who might be interested

This a recipe for vegan "cheese."
I have never used it.
I am posting it as an example of vegan cheese recipes that can easily be found on-line.
Vegan Cheese

I wouldn't use it myself because I am allergic to the nightshade ingredients in it.
Potatoes and cayenne pepper.

@Streetwise
@noah
and anybody else who might be interested

This a recipe for vegan "cheese."
I have never used it.
I am posting it as an example of vegan cheese recipes that can easily be found on-line.
Vegan Cheese

I wouldn't use it myself because I am allergic to the nightshade ingredients in it.
Potatoes and cayenne pepper.
Is it still an allergy ?you can grow out of allergies if the toxin comes out of your system !most people are allergic to the nightshade family because they’ve consumed too much of it, I finally grown out of my grass pollen allergy but it took decades

i’m trying to recreate pizza houmous pizzas are not the same.

Have you tried using tofu as a cheese substitute? I've had vegan pepperoni pizza that tasted good. I have no idea what it is made of. Maybe you can shop for vegan or vegetarian ingredients at a local food store.

Have you tried using tofu as a cheese substitute? I've had vegan pepperoni pizza that tasted good. I have no idea what it is made of. Maybe you can shop for vegan or vegetarian ingredients at a local food store.
when I can use my arms again I'll investigate at the moment everything still have coconut in it personally it's too sweet for me I need a lot of salt I used to use soya cheese had no idea that it had rennet in it

No idea. I just respond to the smoke signals from the kitchen telling me that something is ready. OK, this is a very long running joke in the family. We used to go caravanning and without fail every single time Mum cooked the smoke alarm would go off driving her nuts.

A collection of leftovers from the past couple of days. Oven fried chicken wings, barley soup with homemade garlic croutons, & a balsamic vinegar kale, *radish & carrot salad.

*I got these amazing purple daikon radishes from the csa which look and taste good.

I spent the day cooking which is one of the main things that I enjoy. A little baking too. All of it was for dinner tonight for me and my family. I also kept pace with doing dishes as I dirtied them so the kitchen wasn't a disaster zone when I was done. I know my wife appreciated that in addition to the food.

IMG-1144-Copy.jpg

^ Made from scratch buns (both plain for one who doesn't like the "everything" topping sprinkle that the rest of us like. The buns housed made from scratch burgers which were a mixture of ground pork (organic pasture fed/raised by a fairly local farmer we get our pork from) and ground chicken from the chickens I raised and processed myself (organic). I mixed a bratwurst spice mixture from scratch to go into the burger meat which consists of: white and black pepper, ginger, dry mustard, coriander, mace, cardamom, salt, milk powder, ground caraway and marjoram. Incredibly flavorful. The burgers were served with thinly sliced raw onion or fried onions and preferred condiments (or plain in a few instances).

IMG-1142-Copy.jpg

^Slow cooked oven baked beans. You guessed it, from scratch. I started by sorting and soaking the dry navy beans last night. Then they were cooked for about six hours with diced onion, dry mustard, molasses, a bit of brown sugar and some diced uncured unsalted side pork (from the organic pork farmer mentioned above). Other than the long cooking time, it was easy and I don't think I'll be buying store bought baked beans again.

IMG-1141-Copy.jpg

^ Homemade cole slaw. Carrots and cabbage, shredded and sliced by hand respectively and tossed with white wine vinegar, sugar, celery seed, salt, pepper and mayo.

The only thing I didn't get pics of were the homemade oven baked thick cut fries (chips to those in the UK) which I made from potatoes I grew in our garden. I also made some BBQ sauce from ketchup, molasses, cider vinegar, garlic powder and hot sauce for dipping.

Dinner was a success. I only wish I had a picture of everything plated up.:(

New Threads

Top Bottom