• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was your last major purchase?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
It can range from a house to a car to an appliance or a piece of fancy electronics. This thread is where we can brag about our last major purchases.

My last major purchase was a 80-count Spanish Cedar cigar humidor, so that I can store cigars and offer them to guests like a distinguished gentleman. It cost me $100, and it is worth every cent.

A washing machine. It sings a little song when the washings done. And I sing too... I think that's echolalia... or, echolalala. It's a good machine with a 10 years guarantee.

I'm too thrifty to buy much. I am however considering to buy a decent video camera sometime soon. I've been using my phone camera, and it just doesn't cut it.

A couple of things. The first was the first One Piece manga box set. I got it for $50 less on Right Stuf. Amazon would’ve charged me $200. The second was the Robot Damashii figure of the Tallgeese II. The seller had it for $190 originally but gave an offer to lower it down $42. It still broke the bank but not as hard and I’ve been wanting one for years so it was worth getting.

Last edited:
A very large and very loud bluetooth speaker for when I go out staffing in parks. It's bass response is pretty much identical to my 2.1 PC speaker system, and those speakers have a large, dedicated subwoofer. Mind you, this bluetooth speaker is very heavy, and understandably so. When I use it in parks I don't have it turned up anywhere near whatever it's max volume might be. I also ensured I made a playlist of music that wouldn't be too harsh or offensive for the average person.

speaker.JPG

Here's the song title from my phone screen if anyone was wondering:

Ed

Last edited:
We bought a 8000 lb. winch for my wife's Jeep. I have not installed it because we do not have a winch bumper for it yet. My wife wants a 'Muddy Girl' finish on the bumper, so we ordered it from Amazon. Her Jeep is the 'Pretty Jeep' and mine has lots of trail pinstiping, dings and dents.

Mmm... I guess it was the boxset from Metallica's S&M2 last year, around $120; previous to that a calculator, TI nspire CAS, $130 and in 2018 the biggest one, maybe in my life so far, my desktop computer around $1000.

And today, I just spent $150 plus tax to own all 24 official James Bond movies in 4K. I regret nothing.

I bought a new bed frame. It was a necessary purchase, since my old frame got irreparably damaged during the move. I upgraded to something that was a bit swankier looking.

Two 7-inch Amazon tablets from Best Buy for $40 each. My mom needs one to fill out forms for unemployment, as well as getting started on applying for a provider job, as she can't navigate well on my computer like I can. The other one is for me.

EDIT: I also bought a plush of Piers from Pokemon overseas (plus shipping)

Last edited:
Last major purchase was a Behringer Odyssey synthesizer, back in August. It's a recreation of an instrument made in the 1970's by a company called ARP, (Also called the Odyssey.)

My biggest expense is always dog supplies. But my last most expensive purchase was a set of dishware (but it has dogs on it :p)

I just bought a Minipresso. It is a hand pumped espresso machine. It makes just one shot at a time, uses no electricity (but you do have to supply boiling water), is only the size of a 12 oz water bottle and weighs less than one pound. The one I bought uses nespresso style pods so no tamping or over / under grinding. I have wanted one of these for a very long time. I get it tomorrow!

New Threads

Top Bottom