• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last video you watched? (2020 Edition)

A song that a lot of us on the spectrum might relate to. The lyrics are below the video:
WARNING: The video has flashing lights after the 4:45 mark.

Lyrics:
People gathered around wearing masks
and they’re hidden from me well
what’s in their minds
what’s in their hearts
no one can really tell
so i leave the party and i go outside
and i see it everywhere
everyone is still wearing masks
when the party is no longer there

Oh, i’m still finding time for me
Oh, I’m still hanging on to me

People are gathered around wearing masks
and they’re hidden within it well
talking to each other and pretending one another
has power inside of this shell

I breathe a moment
And i look inside and i see it everywhere
Yeah i’m dressed in the same color mask
and the party is no longer there

Oh, i’m still finding time for me
Oh, and I’m still hanging on to me

Oh my god, i hear my self can you see through
There’s a self that wants to be seen and i don’t know what to do
I don’t know what to do

Still hanging onto me

Last edited:
Last night I watched a video about some of the worst sitcoms ever made. One of them was Small Wonder, which was about a robot who looks like a 7 year old girl that I watched as a kid. They were complaining a lot about how, because she's supposed to be a robot, she always speaks in a monotone and doesn't show expression. I felt cringy because I remember someone in a different video saying she acted like someone with Aspergers or autism. And I DON'T.
I'm so sick of the stereotyping i.e. all people on the spectrum look and talk like robots. It called a spectrum disorder for a reason.

The "Bats!" song, from My Little Pony FiM. I really enjoy it it because:
The song itself.
The bats look cute and cuddly to Fluttershy, but look scary and ugly to Applejack and the other ponies.
Pinkie Pie smiling while the other ponies look angry when they chant "Stop the bats!"

Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles - "Bomb"

The following is an animated short that features an alternate universe Superman - been the genetically-engineered son of Lara Lor-Van and General Zod, whilst been raised by a family from Mexico under the name Hernan Guerra.
The "Bomb" short is about Superman trying to stop Metropolis from been destroyed by Brainiac before the government drop a 20 kiloton bomb on the city. However, much like with Superman, this isn't the Brainiac you're familiar with - with the episode taking a darker turn that made me tear up.

I can't post it as one of the characters swears, so I recommend you find the video on YouTube yourselves.

I wonder if she is allergic to all the latex foods, or just
bananas.

New Threads

Top Bottom