• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you cooked?

Cooking up crunchy shelled tacos, as we speak. Stuffed with steak fajitas and veggies, homemade guac, home-canned pinto beans, goat cheese, and tapatio.

Last night I made chicken nachos. All real whole food.

This morning, I'm raising homemade white bread with homemade sourdough starter.

I'm an American southerner so I can turn any leftovers into a casserole or a soup. It's in our DNA down here because we don't want to waste food.

So, last night I oven roasted a whole head of cabbage, cut down the middle into two pieces, and put them on a roasting pan cut side facing up. I liberally covered the tops (the cut sides) with a sauteed mixture of fresh jalapenos, onions, tomatoes, garlic, bacon and olive oil. Then I roasted them at 300 degrees for three hours and they were still hard as rocks although they tasted good.

So, this morning, I cut them up into small pieces and dumped them in a crock pot/slow cooker with plenty of homemade chicken stock and pork stock and tossed in a rind of Parmesan cheese. I'll let them cook in the liquid for as long as it takes to soften them up, then blend the mixture into a soup.

I'll like it but can't speak for hubby who is not a fan of cabbage regardless of how I cook it. I'll make a salad for him tonight while I enjoy my soup.

Breakfast for dinner.

A big scramble of steak, potatoes, and scrambled eggs. With waffle iron French toast for dessert. Herb tea on the side.

Still an extremely humble meal. The steak isn't as fancy as you think. It was a bit of a chopped up London Broil that was on sale for five dollars. And the french toast was just homemade bread dipped in egg, and topped with honey and food box blueberries.

Last edited:
A couple of loaves of banana bread. It is a great treat and a great way to use up the bananas I did not eat in time.

I'll go with the whole weekend, including tomorrow, since it all goes together. First hummus and sauteed mushrooms and lots of fresh veggies (pita bread was bought). Then, a barbecue sauce for pork ribs. It is a mustard sauce. I just coated the ribs for overnight. And acorn squash. Tomorrow is rapini. Lets see, yes roasted some of the mushrooms whole with asparagus.
It isn't a super fancy weekend of cooking, but it works.

by the way I love to cook.

Just made a beef kung pao-inspired dish. Udon noodles are cooking. Used garlic scapes, which I almost never get :)

cauliflower mac and cheese.
Cauliflower, green peas, green onions, arugula, tomatoes (from garden), shallots, capicola (a spicy ham-like sausage) baby shells, cheeses: pepper jack (with ghost pepper), colby, parmesan/Romano, a touch of cheddar on the very top (not in sauce). Pea milk replaces all dairy milk/cream. Spices - not going to list those, I never remember, it is to taste.

Today I'm going to do a mushroom/broccoli dish, steamed in homemade beef broth, lots of ginger and sesame oil, with the liquid boiled down and thickened with corn starch at the end. Not sure what all is going into it yet.

I made shrimp, okra and andouille sausage gumbo yesterday, served over plain white rice. OMG, that is good. I used fresh shrimp bought straight off the shrimping boat when the boat docked early in the morning after fishing all night. Never frozen shrimp is such a treat.

Friday is my busy cooking and cleaning day. Today I am cooking for Shabbat, and to avoid idle hands. So I've cut up 23 pounds of beef for freezing and canning, cooked a kettle of chicken vegetable soup, and made chocolate pudding.

I'm going to make garlic bread in a little bit, to go with the soup.

:) today is curry in the crockpot (fennel seed, coconut oil, carrot, celery, parsnip, tomato, turmeric, black pepper, grated fresh ginger, rehydrated soy curls, cilantro) which will go over brown rice + quinoa + ginger, and creamy cucumber salad alongside

Just made a turkey salad. Turkey breast (5 lbs / 2-1/4 kg) air fried with cajun seasoning. Taken off the bone and chopped (by wife). Orange bell pepper, red onion, radish, celery in fairly equal quantities. Sauce from mayo, yogurt, dijon mustard, garam masala, smoked paprika, ancho powder, black pepper, old bay seasoning, fresh dill from the garden, minced fresh garlic.
Blending in fridge now for a couple hours.
There are 4 sandwich servings of turkey breast left over as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom