• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you cooked?

I am cooking some homemade-bbq-sauce coated roasted cauliflower to take to a family barbi (as us Aussies are known to call a bbq). I've never done it before. Will let you know how it goes.

My science experiment.

I bought a Walmart "great value" supreme pizza. Added pepperoni, white onions, black olives, green pepper, parsley, mozzarella and a little colby-jack cheese.

It will go into the oven in t-minus 27 minutes and counting.
Those pizzas are already better than Tombstone and Red Baron. You might have greatness on your hands and in your belly.

Those pizzas are already better than Tombstone and Red Baron. You might have greatness on your hands and in your belly.
I was thinking the same just a while ago. At least it sure looked better than any of those, plus Jack's Pizza as well. Still looking for a good frozen pizza that's under $5.

Wild goose chase? Maybe...as I've tried so many and am usually disappointed.

I was thinking the same just a while ago. At least it sure looked better than any of those, plus Jack's Pizza as well. Still looking for a good frozen pizza that's under $5.

There's a local high-end chain grocery store called The Fresh Market here that makes several kinds of pizza in-house and sells them in the store. I buy their plain cheese pizza and freeze them at home. It is much easier than making pizza from scratch although I do that sometimes, too.

When we want pizza, I add stuff to the frozen cheese pizza. Pepperoni slices freeze really well so I always have that on hand in the freezer. I might add anything - onions, olives, bell peppers, jalapeno slices, leftover ham, fresh tomato or sundried tomatoes, extra cheese, you name it! Drizzle the top with olive oil, dried oregano and red pepper flakes before baking, and put some fresh basil on top of the hot pizza.

There's a local high-end chain grocery store called The Fresh Market here that makes several kinds of pizza in-house and sells them in the store. I buy their plain cheese pizza and freeze them at home. It is much easier than making pizza from scratch although I do that sometimes, too.

When we want pizza, I add stuff to the frozen cheese pizza. Pepperoni slices freeze really well so I always have that on hand in the freezer. I might add anything - onions, olives, bell peppers, jalapeno slices, leftover ham, fresh tomato or sundried tomatoes, extra cheese, you name it! Drizzle the top with olive oil, dried oregano and red pepper flakes before baking, and put some fresh basil on top of the hot pizza.
I like just about anything- and everything on a pizza with one common exception. No anchovies.

They are to me as wire hangers are to Joan Crawford...lol.

Well...gotta say that Walmart frozen pizza I had last night wasn't bad. Definitely better than most of the competitors, though I have yet to want to pay more than $5 for any medium-sized frozen pizza.

These days paying $5 for three to four meals seems like a winner in itself.

Shrimp in Coconut Rice. Seasoning the Coconut Milk with Galanga, Lemon Grass, Kaffir Lime, add Onions, Jalapeno, and Corn, then Jasmine Rice, Shrimp (do not overcook) chopped Basil for serving. Happily, near me is an Asian market where I can get the Galanga and Kaffir Lime.

Shrimp. I love shrimp...but admittedly never had it on a pizza before. Tacos, yes. Pizza....nope.

Sounds good though. ;)
A pizza place near me offers Clam and White Sauce Pizza. And I've had a couple of world class pizzas from around the Great Lakes. Gino's East where their Chicago Deep Dish Pizza is great, especially the Spinach and Cheese (Greece meets Italy). And at Budddy's (Conant Ave.) the first and only Detroit Pizza which is pizza on a Focaccia crust in a square pan (crispy edges for everybody).

Last edited:
@Aspychata , thinking about pizzas: From your neck of the woods I would bet that Cedar Key Littleneck Clams would make a great clam pizza. Last time I was in Crystal River I would eat 50 at a sitting.

I think the last thing I cooked cooked (so not something pre-prepared that I cooked but something I at least had to put together myself before cooking) was a naan pizza.

I had some garlic naan, added some pizza sauce, and topped it with bleu cheese crumbles and tossed it in my air fryer and cooked it up. Came out really well.

And this was like 10 days ago which is wild.

Yeah. Alot of frozen pizza is flavorless toppings on cardboard, effectively.

Great Value pizza has been the only one me and my Uncle have. Though he does add fresh stuff on to enhance it. Also hot sauce on pizza is good.

My uncle does make homemade pizza too though. That stuff is even better than the frozen pizza. But that's a given. The last one that was made had green sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and mushrooms on it. The sauce is a mix of jarred chopped up green tomatoes, tomatilos, jalapenos, and habaneros. If I remember right.

Did someone mention . . .
BACON?!!

This made me think of those old Beggin Strips ads. lol

I hardly ever cook these days. Partly because my partner's better at cooking! Also after the stomach op last November I couldn't eat much for a good while, which was demotivating. I'm quite creative with fridge food and fruit though, like cottage cheese on apple slices and avocado on lentil crackers, with soy and orange juice...

I have gotten lazy. It's a salsa bowl. Salad is bottom layer, red onions chopped finely, avocado slices, black beans drained from can, sometimes pre-shredded cheese. Can of diced tomatoes with jalapeños, or fresh tomatoes chopped. Then topped with a mild salsa, then siriracha mayo dribbled on top. And broken tortilla chips sprinkled on top also. Chipotle will not approve, but l get my south of the border fix, and my tastebuds wake up. I need to incorporate some garlic in it. With the return of 80 degrees, l will be heading back to protein powder, protein yogurt, in blender, and banana. Sometimes instant coffee in smoothie.

Last edited:
@Mary Terry I am so thrilled. We have a Fresh Market opening up the street from me. The other Fresh Market is about 20 mins away. They took over Winn Dixie store, Publix's ugly sister is how l thought of them. There now is Aldi store down the block from me also. So that will provide some relief from the huge box stores, Walmart. There are about 3 Walmarts on the one street l live next to.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom