• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What video games are you looking forward to in 2017?

I'm still unsure about this, because I've never been a fan of these sorts of games either. They irritate me with the 'survival' part of it. However, I have played the teaser demo that's available on xbox one (and ps4 so far as I know) and it's really good. I wouldn't play it as dark as it's supposed to be played, and I did have a slight issue with there being mannequins in it..because I have a phobia of mannequins o_O

You're scared of Mannequins? It's not because of a certain old Doctor Who episode is it?

You're scared of Mannequins? It's not because of a certain old Doctor Who episode is it?

OH MY GOD YOU ARE LITERALLY THE FIRST PERSON TO EVER GUESS THAT!

I was quite small and they were doing a piece about it (the original Dr.Who) on Blue Peter, and it was about the mannequins episode...so yeah, ever since then :confused: When Dr. Who was all revamped, I though I'd give it a go. VERY FIRST EPISODE had bloody mannequins in it that were worse because of the ability to make them more realistic and to top it off....THEY FILMED IT IN CARDIFF:eek::eek::eek: So even though they were passing it off as London, it was streets and shops that I knew with mannequins breaking out :(

I'm looking forward to the new Legend of Zelda game as well as Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns.
It's also getting two massive DLC packs this year for $20 (bundle only).

Though people are still waiting to find out of Zelda will include an online multiplayer mode and voice chat... lacking these two could kill it in the U.S.

The big ones for me this year are:

Persona 5
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Prey
Yooka-Laylee (I backed this on Kickstarter)
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Red Dead Redemption 2

Just Splatoon 2, mostly. I'm not aware of anything else of interest. That game is the reason for me to buy the Switch. Maybe the Mario game at the end of the year.

Well, there's Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+, but I've already been playing the PC version since the start of the year and I'm betting that the console versions will not involve mods (the entire point of that specific expansion). I may buy it for the Switch anyway though so I have a somewhat portable version. My laptop is too irritating and I cant exactly lug around the giant monolith that is my PC.

No reason to buy the Switch until Splatoon actually releases though, so that's summer.

Not that I wont be buying other games, mind you... it's just that I dont generally have to WAIT for them, so there isnt any need to look forward to stuff. Usually when I hear about something, even if it's unfinished, I can get ahold of it. That doesnt work for console games though.

On a side note, may consider selling the PS4. Blasted thing is nearly useless. That's if I end up doing Diablo on PC though, which I may not (cant use controller on that version).

Just Splatoon 2, mostly. I'm not aware of anything else of interest. That game is the reason for me to buy the Switch. Maybe the Mario game at the end of the year.

Well, there's Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+, but I've already been playing the PC version since the start of the year and I'm betting that the console versions will not involve mods (the entire point of that specific expansion). I may buy it for the Switch anyway though so I have a somewhat portable version. My laptop is too irritating and I cant exactly lug around the giant monolith that is my PC.

No reason to buy the Switch until Splatoon actually releases though, so that's summer.

Not that I wont be buying other games, mind you... it's just that I dont generally have to WAIT for them, so there isnt any need to look forward to stuff. Usually when I hear about something, even if it's unfinished, I can get ahold of it. That doesnt work for console games though.

On a side note, may consider selling the PS4. Blasted thing is nearly useless. That's if I end up doing Diablo on PC though, which I may not (cant use controller on that version).
I got my Switch today and am loving it.
Breath of the Wild (Switch) is the highest rated game of all time according to metacritcs and open critics.

I just beat the shrine in the game.
I've barely gotten anywhere and I've played over an hour.

There is are load times, but that's due to the game loading the whole worlds. But those load times are rarely more than 10 seconds.

I never ran into the plateau frame issues that reviewers reported.

The OS is sleek and simple... it's so damn faster than any previous console OS to date.

The system settings menu is easy and also simple.

The joycons when attaching to the tablet makes the Switch click sound. It does it each time and it's so damn satisfying.

The screen is great!

My Nintendo Rewards are built into the system and carts.
So literally all you do is click the My Nintendo Rewards in the game menu on the OS to get your gold coins for purchasing the physical copy.

Also games will have built in My Nintendo Rewards missions.

Headphones w/ mics are also compatible with the system, though it's up to developers to allow mic usage in their games.

Joycons are also good controls to use. This is coming from someone with big hands.

HD rumble takes sometime getting used to...

Mii Maker is greatly expanded with new options and more colors.

There is also 4 ways to add friends:
  1. Locally from another system
  2. Searching for user/ adding from online
  3. Adding from social media/ Nintendo mobile apps
  4. Friends code ( you aren't required to use it)
Now I just need to download Shovel Knight (new expansion pack is a Switch exclusive for the time being)

So yeah I'm glad I bought a launch unit to play Zelda on!

Crash Bandicoot series remastered, although I don't have a ps4 =/

While there's been no official announcement or confirmation, it looks possible that the Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy could only be a timed PlayStation 4 exclusive, so don't rule out it appearing on Xbox One in the future.

Don't worry, they'd be mad not to do an Xbox version.

I'm not sure I follow this logic, though.

Don't worry, they'd be mad not to do an Xbox version.
Sony is supposedly paying for it and the marketing of it.

Since Microsoft has a long standing clause that dictates any game ported to Xbox after X amount of time, must have exclusive Xbox content.
This has been the rule since the original Xbox released.

If you don't follow said rule, then you will assuredly have your game banned from certification and whatever else Microsoft decides is appropriate.

Right now Harada says Microsoft is forcing his team to remove cross platform online play for "security reasons", which is slowing the next Tekken from release.

So Xbox One might not get the mainline Tekken either, widening the ever growing gap with PS4

I want a Wii U! Areally those things still running 300$$ I really want that mario maker game I was playing it at Target and omg I loved it but they're too expensive! :/

I did gethe myself the 3ds xl for pokemon but I can't take it out of my house because everybody has to steal everything... even in my house I keep it a secret and hidden...

I've recently found somebody got into my Sega and 64 games and stole nearly 1000$ worth of games if I went to try to get them again... :(

I want a Wii U! Areally those things still running 300$$ I really want that mario maker game I was playing it at Target and omg I loved it but they're too expensive! :/

I did gethe myself the 3ds xl for pokemon but I can't take it out of my house because everybody has to steal everything... even in my house I keep it a secret and hidden...

I've recently found somebody got into my Sega and 64 games and stole nearly 1000$ worth of games if I went to try to get them again... :(
Retailers last month convinced Nintendo to buy back all the unsold Wii U stock.

There are no more Wii U's left in retail.

You might be able to still buy a refurb from Nintendo.

Also you can get Mario Maker on 3DS but it lacks the online mode.

Retailers last month convinced Nintendo to buy back all the unsold Wii U stock.

There are no more Wii U's left in retail.

You might be able to still buy a refurb from Nintendo.

Also you can get Mario Maker on 3DS but it lacks the online mode.
What? Why?? :(

Because no one's been buying them :D
D***it, I wanted too I just never got around to it, honestly i can't believe it's been out for nearly five years! Geez times really gotten away from me since I had a kid... between always being broke and not being able to make money and his dad losing his job and being unemployed for a year not being able to get unemployment and now making barely over minimum wage, we just never had a good opportunity... >: stupid life

I've honestly never bought any console since they've gone over 200$ he got a Wii for his older kid, we have that now because she was tossing it...

I've loaded it up with goodies from the Nintendo store :3

D***it, I wanted too I just never got around to it, honestly i can't believe it's been out for nearly five years! Geez times really gotten away from me since I had a kid... between always being broke and not being able to make money and his dad losing his job and being unemployed for a year not being able to get unemployment and now making barely over minimum wage, we just never had a good opportunity... >: stupid life

I've honestly never bought any console since they've gone over 200$ he got a Wii for his older kid, we have that now because she was tossing it...

I've loaded it up with goodies from the Nintendo store :3
I can relate.

Nintendo agreed to buy back all the unsold Wii U's from the retailers supposedly at a profit.

Though the Switch has broken the EU and NA launch records, being the fastest selling Nintendo system in both regions.

Switch is also the fastest selling system in France beating out PS2 and PS4!

Switch is literally out pacing Wii in sales.

Here's hoping for a MARIO Maker port!

I can relate.

Nintendo agreed to buy back all the unsold Wii U's from the retailers supposedly at a profit.

Though the Switch has broken the EU and NA launch records, being the fastest selling Nintendo system in both regions.

Switch is also the fastest selling system in France beating out PS2 and PS4!

Switch is literally out pacing Wii in sales.

Here's hoping for a MARIO Maker port!
I was looking around online at people that had gotten them and loads of people are being extremely disappointed in them... :/ we'll see what happens if suppose...

I was looking around online at people that had gotten them and loads of people are being extremely disappointed in them... :/ we'll see what happens if suppose...

Many are also basing their disappointment on things that are more than a little ridiculous. In other words, everything that ISNT related to the quality of the games on it.

And then you've got the usual haters just making things more annoying.

Speaking of haters, I've noticed something with them: The PS4/XBone community absolutely LOATHES it when the so-called "PC Master Race" types throw hardware specs in their face... it's no secret that those two consoles are basically inferior and extremely restricted PCs. So they hate that. They hate it so much.

But when Nintendo enters the room? It's totally fine to then do the SAME FREAKING THING towards anyone that likes Nintendo's systems. It's.... really sad/pathetic to watch.

As if the POWAH of the things even matters. All that matters is wether or not they've got good stuff on them. Heck, I'm a PC gamer, but despite the power of my bloated monolith of a computer, that's not the reason I use it: I use it because it has the selection I want (and frankly, MOST of the games I play dont require much power whatsoever). I have a Wii U for the same exact reason. Screw the specs: I dont really give a fart. It gives me what I want, the other two consoles do not. Applies to my iPad as well.

But nope, in yet another example of tribalism, they must do the stupid bashing thing, entirely related to hardware specs, having not learned a damn thing from their interactions with the equally-unpleasant PC group. So much dumb.

The stupidest bit though is this: Of COURSE the Switch isnt going to be as powerful. LOOK AT THE SIZE OF IT. It's not meant to be a "normal" console, and it never was. The way I look at it, it's along the lines of a DS that has the ability to also hook up to a TV. Fully portable, then. There's a reason why the other two consoles are so huge and blocky (and heavy). What in the bloody hell were those idiots expecting?

There, I'm done ranting, got that out of my system. I've been hearing a bit too much about this, over and over and over.

Also, yes: Mario Maker on the Switch, please. If THAT had been a launch title, I'd have bought the thing on day one. As it isnt though, and as I somewhat suspect it never will be (because NOT porting it seems like something Nintendo would do), Splatoon it is instead. I'm glad to see that we dont have to wait ten billion years for a sequel to that!

New Threads

Top Bottom