• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What video games are you looking forward to in 2017?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Based on what I've read and videos I've watched on YouTube, I'm looking forward to the following, all on Xbox One (Yay! Xbox!)

Joe's Diner.
Pineview Drive
Sea of Thieves
Tekken 7
WWE 2K18.

I wouldn't mind seeing an Xbox One version of Street Fighter 5 but Sony has the exclusive rights to that sewn up.

So how about you lot? Anything you're looking forward to?

Mainly Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I've really be wanting to play some games with a strong foundation on history and there just isn't much out there. It's hard not to look at it and think, "Okay, it's medieval Elder Scrolls" but that's the vibe I'm getting from it and I love it. I hope they're able to do their dream the justice it deserves. I'd like to see more games like this, such as fighting against the the Umayyad Caliphate in Spain or seeking to claim Jerusalem from the Byzantine Empire. That sort of thing, there's so many good stories out there they could tell.

Lego Worlds, Voodoo Vince Remastered, Destiny 2. I'm also waiting to see what the Nintendo Switch will be like. We're usually early adopters of new consoles and the Switch looks really interesting, but the Wii U has been a bit of a let down. If it wasn't for Mario Kart 8, we wouldn't still have the Wii U.

Nintendo switch and all those leaked games.
Dragon Quest 8 (3DS)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (hopefully a Switch version)
Bayonetta Amiibo
New Marvel vs. Capcom if they can get it done it time
Pokémon Stars (Switch)
Zelda Breath of the Wild

The January 12th big Switch unveiling and launch plans

I'm going to drop some serious dough on Switch when it launches in March.

I pretty much gave up on Nintendo after I bought the Wii in 2007 and couldn't use the Remote to play games (even though I bought Wii Sports specifically for Bowling).

And then I bought a DS a couple of years later, bought a load of games for it which I eventually traded in at CEX towards an IPod.

console-nintendoswitch-hardware-boxart-01-1484289368920_765w.jpg

I successfully preordered the neon colored one (you can get the gray colored controller bundle if you hate colors).
I can finally be liberated for good from a TV come March 3rd (I have my iMac 5K for everything else)

141686b.jpg

I also preordered this and will play it at launch (failed to get the Master Edition)
I do love some Zelda.

Probably get this too at launch
141786b.jpg

It's a Switch Exclusive and yes that is an official new Bomberman game in almost 10 years (it uses the traditional style).

I will be getting these games by summer.
141692bm.jpg

arms_switch_cover_1.jpg

this a quirky new boxing/action game from Nintendo.
It looks crazy fun.
Spring 2017.

aRcKLbRChTkJ7FbNIBu3oLiGwJSeaUUT.png

This Deluxe version adds more items, characters, true battle mode, more tracks and more parts.
It comes out April 28th.

141706brp.jpg

April 30th. This game is the best Lego game ever and it plays more like GTA with funny, quirky, and odd story that mocks and parodies the WB movie catalog.
I have it on my Wii U, but I don't remember much about it thanks to the short term memory issues associated with SSRIs.
The game also releases on PS4 and Xbox One, with all versions having co-op now as well.

Also plan to buy Sonic Mania in May for Switch (it's the new 2D Sonic game), Shovel Knight (I'm double dipping for Switch), Puyo Puyo Tetris (it's coming to the West finally, possibly exclusive to Switch).

Dragon Quest Heroes I+II (double pack) is exclusive to Switch and hopefully won't take too long to come to NA (you can buy them individually on PS4 and Steam)

Lastly Fire Emblem Warriors is being unveiled on the 18th, which is similar spin off in the vein of Dragon Quest Heroes and Hyrule Warriors.
They might announce a new Fire Emblem mainline game too.

I will spend almost as much in the second half of the year if the other Switch games meet their release date.

This game is the best Lego game ever and it plays more like GTA with funny, quirky, and odd story that mocks and parodies the WB movie catalog.
I have it on my Wii U, but I don't remember much about it thanks to the short term memory issues associated with SSRIs.
The game also releases on PS4 and Xbox One, with all versions having co-op now as well.

Lego City Undercover is basically the only reason I bought a Wii U! Well, I knew we'd want Mario Kart 8 too, but yeah. It's such a good game and I can't wait to play it again on Xbone so I can get all the achievements.

I do hate you a little bit for having pre-ordered the Switch :p I'm not entirely sold on the the games announced yet. I don't want another Wii U situation, where there's just not enough to keep me interested, especially when we have other games consoles competing for our attention. The cost is a bit much for us at the moment, because again, we felt kinda burned by the Wii U.

I won't be buying Nintendo Switch, seeing as I'm not 12 I'm too old to be a Nintendo fan.

I won't be buying Nintendo Switch, seeing as I'm not 12 I'm too old to be a Nintendo fan.

That's a ridiculous thing to say. Oh, because it's things like Mario, it absolutely MUST be for kids, because there's no way adults could possibly play some brightly coloured game...just for the fun of it maybe?

There's plenty of people out there who enjoy RTS games, which I myself do not enjoy, but I don't go round making generalisations about them just because it's not for me.

Grow up.

Lego City Undercover is basically the only reason I bought a Wii U! Well, I knew we'd want Mario Kart 8 too, but yeah. It's such a good game and I can't wait to play it again on Xbone so I can get all the achievements.

I do hate you a little bit for having pre-ordered the Switch :p I'm not entirely sold on the the games announced yet. I don't want another Wii U situation, where there's just not enough to keep me interested, especially when we have other games consoles competing for our attention. The cost is a bit much for us at the moment, because again, we felt kinda burned by the Wii U.
Well for many people we feel left out of the current market, which heavily caters heavily to Western AAA Blockbuster types and shooters.
If you like these games then great!

Literally anything that doesn't fit those types, bombs hard on PS4 and Xbox One, while struggling on Steam.

The games I want do not appear in any significant size on those platforms.

Many more of us do not have the time to play connect to a big screen for long hours. This is due to life responsibilities, work and whatever else.

We need this 3rd platform to keep much needed diversity and cater to those left behind.

The games I listed will keep me busy well into Summer.

As for the cost of the system and stuff is literally due to these points:

1. New true next gen tech
  2. Top of the line Nvidia Tegra chipset, which also is heavily customized
  3. Nintendo's Profit margins
  4. Retailer profit margins
  5. The biggest reason of all.... CURRENCY MARKET TURMOIL!
What does currency markets have to do with it???

Well the £, €, CAN$, AUS$, and Latin American currencies (Latin American currencies are at their lowest point in 16 years, well below the US$ to the point of Them trading at 20-40+ : US$1) are tanking to the point of almost being in parity with the US$ and the JP¥

The US$ and JP¥ are rapidly strengthening Against the other currencies!
These are the two strongest currencies in the world. £ is well known for being over valued due to it being a relic of the Empire!

This means everything coming from Japan and the United States will cost more in foreign markets!

Literally the exchange rate against the US$ are as follows at the time of posting:
  • £ will get you 1.20 American
  • € will get you 1.06 American
  • 100¥ (this is their main unit) will get you .87 American or the $/¥ is 1.13
  • 1 US$ will net you 1.31 CAN
  • 1 US$ will net you 21.51 MEXICAN Peso
  • 1 US$ will net you 3.2 Brazillen Reals

Until JP¥ weakens significant, most electronics will remain high priced.

Last edited:
That's a ridiculous thing to say. Oh, because it's things like Mario, it absolutely MUST be for kids, because there's no way adults could possibly play some brightly coloured game...just for the fun of it maybe?

There's plenty of people out there who enjoy RTS games, which I myself do not enjoy, but I don't go round making generalisations about them just because it's not for me.

Grow up.
He is just expressing what many adults and gamers in the West, especially those in the U.K., U.S., Canada, and Australia were taught through society and social interactions.
Society in the West has spent 100+ years teaching us that bright colors and quirky stuff is for kids and the immature. While adults were taught to focus on the nitty gritty and dullness of life.

People wonder why the Western World is experience all the horrible things that plague society. I'm not kidding.
There is a reason why adults are so unhappy with everything and this is part of it.

Now I must return to th land of bright colors, before the grayness kills me.

Prey is the only one I like the look of right now and possibly Resident Evil 7.
I was thinking about Agony but it looks far too intense for me.

Prey is the only one I like the look of right now and possibly Resident Evil 7.
I was thinking about Agony but it looks far too intense for me.

I've never been interested in Resi, but I played the demo they've released for the new one, and if nothing else I was very intrigued.

I'm also looking forward to Vampyr. That looks good. That should make it a little easier whilst waiting for the newly announced Werewolf: The Apocalypse game that I've been waiting for for years.

And there's also Hellblade. Can't forget about that one.

I have a gameboy colour, gamecube, wii, ds, 3ds, wii u and I won't be buying the switch either. I haven't even played games on my wii u in at least a year, the only time it gets turned on these days is to watch Netflix rather than waste the battery in my PS4 controller. I think the last game I bought for it was The Wonderful 101 because I read a lot of good feedback, I still haven't played more than a few levels because it's so tedious.

I never liked the Zelda series, and the only other Nintendo games I liked were Mario and Mariokart. I enjoyed Super Mario 3D World/Land but have no interest in whatever this new one is, I'm also not interested in a repackage of Mariokart 8 with the DLC and some new extras thrown in.

After the failure of the wii u I thought they'd make steps to improve and gaining the support of 3rd party developers was a good sign, but they've removed the only reasons I've supported them for so long. I liked Nintendo consoles for being cheaper than the playstation/x box alternatives but the switch is £280, I could buy an x box one bundle cheaper than that. Another is the price of controllers, you can buy a ps4 controller for £50 or under, the price of a switch pro controller is £64.99, the individual Joy-Con controllers will cost £42.99 whilst the set is £74.99. Straps for extra security are retailing for £4.99. The final advantage was the free online play, but not only is that a subscriber service on the switch but it won't even be available at launch. Not only is this more expensive than the other consoles despite having less power, they don't even bother to give you a headset accessory, chat in online games will now require you to download an app on your phone. What a joke.

The only positive thing I can say about the switch is that it won't be region locked.

The only Zelda games I ever liked were Zelda 3 on the SNES, and Link's Awakening on the Game Boy (as I recall I almost completed that without cheating)

I prefer computer games from approximately 10 to 15 years ago, so I won't be looking forward to the ones coming out in 2017. Call me picky, but the games that are released these days are all flash but no substance. I care about playability, and whether or not the underlying concept(s) are interesting, but with today's games it's all about fancy graphics, loud explosions, and characters that are, quite frankly, ridiculous.

Based on the positive reviews I'm half tempted to get Resident Evil 7 at some point, but having played the earlier games on the PS1 years ago I'm not that into "Survival Horror" games to be honest.

Based on the positive reviews I'm half tempted to get Resident Evil 7 at some point, but having played the earlier games on the PS1 years ago I'm not that into "Survival Horror" games to be honest.

I'm still unsure about this, because I've never been a fan of these sorts of games either. They irritate me with the 'survival' part of it. However, I have played the teaser demo that's available on xbox one (and ps4 so far as I know) and it's really good. I wouldn't play it as dark as it's supposed to be played, and I did have a slight issue with there being mannequins in it..because I have a phobia of mannequins o_O

New Threads

Top Bottom