• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What types of monsters/paranormal stuff do you believe in?

What types of monsters/paranormal stuff do you believe in?

• Aliens (that they're visiting Earth with spaceships)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Bigfoot

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Black magic

• Demons

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Fairies

• Faith healing

• Ghosts

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Goblins

• Loch Ness Monster

• Psychic abilities

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Spontaneous human combustion

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • White magic

• Witches

• Wizards

• Yeti

• Zombies

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I don't believe in monsters/paranormal stuff

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

. . .

V.I.P Member
I know lots of people who believe in at least one of the things I've listed in the poll above. What about you? What types of monsters/paranormal stuff do you believe in? Do you believe that any of the things I've listed exist?

At a young age I was strongly interested in the paranormal. After school I'd get lost in books about alien abductions, ghosts, monsters, etc. Even if I didn't "buy" the stories I read (I honestly didn't really "buy" any of them), I still gained much pleasure by reading them. Why? I don't know, really.

*Note - If you're too shy to share your opinion, don't fret; the poll is 100% anonymous.

Last edited:
Im not sure if I honestly believe that the Loch Ness Monster exists... or if my child-like desire for it to exist is confusing me about my choice :lol2:

I believe in all the supernatural things as given above, because they must have their own reasons for existence

Im not sure if I honestly believe that the Loch Ness Monster exists... or if my child-like desire for it to exist is confusing me about my choice :lol2:

I'm pretty sure that isn't real, even the Scottish don't believe in it. I once went to Loch Ness and went on a boat tour around it, unfortunately we didn't see any monsters.

On a related note, there have also been mass-scale searches of the Loch to try to find it but so far nothing has been found. I do agree that the Loch Ness Monster is interesting though.

My home celebrates a Ghost Month every year. It's when the concerts are held for the spirits. No one buys properties or does business in that week, unless absolutely necessary. Yep, and some places do have a spirit in the air...

I don't believe in any, I've never been able to work it out logically. There were a few things I kept an open mind to for a while, but I could never find any decent arguments for them, so the evidence (and the lack thereof) always won.

I find weird coincidences much more interesting to be honest.

On a related note, there have also been mass-scale searches of the Loch to try to find it but so far nothing has been found. I do agree that the Loch Ness Monster is interesting though.

Yea I know, when I was about 10 years old I used to watch documentaries of searchies on TV and read books about it allllllll the time. I always go so excited, then dissapointed when they didnt find anything. I know that it PROBABLY doesnt exist, but the child in me knows there is a small chance haha

Actually, I feel that paranormal stuff are sometimes explained by science - like say, the Bermuda Triangle.

Compass variations, Gulf stream and hurricanes are widely cited reasons for the Bermuda Triangle to have so many shipwrecks and plane crashes.

I almost hit the aliens one, since I do believe there's other life out there. There's too many universes to count that out, I would think. I think most of them that would be close would just qualify technically as "life" (like cells, simple animals, plants) but not intelligent life as we think of it. But I tagged it as a no, since I don't think they've been here and I don't believe any of the non-scientific alien theories and subculture around that (like you would see conventions, Roswell cults etc), which I imagine that's what the question was aimed more towards.

I believe in supernatural stuff because I thought I have the 'third eye' to see ghosts and spirits...

Since I suffered from a depression-like syndrome (which isn't really depression), I lost the ability to relate to the supernatural stuff.

Nobody knows if there's more than one universe, though.

Well, no, it's not something you can particularly prove or disprove at this point (as with most things like that), but in my opinion the theories are in favor of multiple universes and dimensions. I would say galaxies, but I think that's still too close to home beyond a technical definition of 'life'...I think it would have to branch out further than that, since I believe intelligent life here as we know it is such a freak accident. To have intelligent life as it's known in alien sci fi somewhere, that's even more of a stretch I think, but can't be proven or disproven either at this point I think.

I found a short segment devoted to "spontaneous human combustion" in a forensic textbook once. The fact that it was briefly mentioned without sarcasm makes it worth considering. There's no doubt that there is extraterrestrial life- it is highly unlikely that Earth has ever been contacted by sentient creatures, though, in my perspective.

Just my thoughts..
I'm always just as puzzled when Science says that the paranormal can't exist as I am when people say "I believe this, it must be true".
There's no more proof that ghosts exist than that they don't or that ET's exist and/or have visited Earth or that they can't have.. we don't - and, as yet, can't know, so how does the argument come up?
I always keep an open mind myself.

I believe in ghosts and psychics abilities. I've had a lot of premonitions in my life about the death of people around me (don't run away please!!! :D) and if you want my opinion it's a bit frightening!!

I believe in ghosts and psychics abilities. I've had a lot of premonitions in my life about the death of people around me (don't run away please!!! :D) and if you want my opinion it's a bit frightening!!
Same here... I have seen three family members knowing that they would die before I saw them again even though they had no known diseases. My aunt was one of them. She was about forty and had no known heart sicknesses when she died from an unexpected heart attack.The last time I saw her, we were chatting on the porch and I just knew. I didn't know that she was going to die within the next two weeks, but I knew it would be the last time I would see her. After that experience (which was the second of such happenings) I wrote it down next time I knew (a family friend) just to be sure that I wasn't distorting my memory looking back. Sure enough, he died the next month. I don't believe that this cannot be explained though. I can smell breast and stomach cancer sometimes, so it might simply be the result of me smelling an illness, or something that I knew wasn't quite right without concious registering the input.

New Threads

Top Bottom