• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Treatment or Therapy Have You Tried Last to Cure Autism?

jorgealarcon

Dear parents of children with autism:

I am conducting a survey so I can determine factually what works and what doesn't in respect to helping children with autism in any tiny, detectable way. I need honest feedback. Here are a few questions:

1) What therapy or treatment have you used last for your autistic child?

2) What were your initial impressions and expectations about this treatment/therapy?

3) During and towards the completion of the administered treatment/therapy, did you observe any significantly noticeable improvement in your child's behavior?

4) How long did you use this treatment/therapy?

5) Did you use the treatment/therapy only once?

6) Would you highly recommend it to other parents of children with autism? Why or why not?

I truly appreciate your taking the time to complete this survey.

I am conducting a survey so I can determine factually what works and what doesn't in respect to helping children with autism in any tiny, detectable way. I need honest feedback.

I suspect that you are failing to understand that it is a spectrum of disorders, there is nothing that works for everyone and depending on the individual something that may be beneficial to one person can be detrimental to another.

The spectrum isn't a range of severity, it's the various ways the person is affected e.g. sensitive to noise OR touch OR light, or perhaps all, or perhaps none and that is just one part (colour) of the condition (spectrum). Each part also having varying degrees of severity. Does this give you any idea of the variability of the condition??
Remember when you have met one person with autism, you have met just one person with autism.

As it isn't a disease there cannot therefore be a treatment, there may be some therapies that might help some people cope with some elements but your simple survey is unable to differentiate that information and I suspect you would need a very large sample size before you would start to obtain even very general information even if you had specific enough questions.

Dear parents of children with autism:

I am conducting a survey so I can determine factually what works and what doesn't in respect to helping children with autism in any tiny, detectable way. I need honest feedback. Here are a few questions:

1) What therapy or treatment have you used last for your autistic child?

2) What were your initial impressions and expectations about this treatment/therapy?

3) During and towards the completion of the administered treatment/therapy, did you observe any significantly noticeable improvement in your child's behavior?

4) How long did you use this treatment/therapy?

5) Did you use the treatment/therapy only once?

6) Would you highly recommend it to other parents of children with autism? Why or why not?

I truly appreciate your taking the time to complete this survey.
There are several treatments currently offered to cure autism. The most popular are:
1. Bleach/chlorine dioxide. This makes the patient increasingly ill with increasing doses, until a certain level is reached, then the autism is cured by the patient dying. This is the only treatment guaranteed to cure autism, but has an obvious downside, as a number of parents have learned to their grief.
2. Hyperbaric oxygen. This is an expensive treatment designed more to cure excess cash from the wallets of desperate parents. If pure oxygen is used and the pressure gets high enough (2-3 bar), oxygen toxicity begins, convulsions start, and the autism is cured by the patient dying.
3. Chelation therapy. This works by using dangerous medications to remove heavy metals from the patient. Since there is not a shred of evidence that autism is caused, or even initiated, by heavy metals (despite the ravings of the anti-vaccination crowd), this obviously does nothing.
4. Clay bath therapy. This involves bathing the patient in "special clays" to remove toxins and heavy metals. There is even less evidence for toxins causing autism than for heavy metals. This treatment does nothing except make the patient look like a statue.

There are several other treatments out there which are even less effective than the above.

In short, there is no cure for autism. There are, however, a large number of scam artists out there willing to prey on parents desperate for a cure. The best thing you can do for your child is accept it, and learn as much about it as you can, so as to help your child to deal with it. Autism is simply the brain being wired differently. It is not a disease or form of insanity. Your child simply thinks and sees the world differently than you. There will be problems. Lots of them. But as most of the people here will attest, the difference is worth it. If you learn to see the world as your child sees it, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Rub a halved onion on the soles of the feet on a Wednesday evening at 8pm if the wind is North by North West.

If it's a Southerly gale, grow fuschia and grasp nettles during a waxing moon but don't say the word 'flibbitygibbet'.

My friend said it really cures Autism.

Cure? It is not a disease!!!!

Treatment? NT to start trying to learn about autism and using kindness and love, is the best treatment available and because being on the spectrum is not static, we can learn to improve traits.

Two way option there. Rather than sedating one, because the other one, doesn't want to learn or adapt.

Although he said "cure", he did say in his sentence, "in respect to helping children with autism in any tiny, detectable way".

Sorry Jorge, I don't have answer too, since no child. maybe you can try to find in other threads, maybe there were similar threads to this, i'm not sure though.

Maybe some kind of early education - teaching basic daily life routines, conversation..? Or if that's too early for the child because of sensory issue etc, maybe address that issue first..?

I hope their space suits are made from stretchy fabric :rolleyes:

Space is not for the scrawny. Future colonists to Pluto will have to survive famine and donut shortages.

6a00d83452989a69e200e5505084998834-800wi.jpg

;)

As long as it doesn't start at 8am,then you're fine.

Although I did that once or twice,along time ago.

Happens when your best friend is an alcoholic.
I’ve started that early in the past. These days I try to wait until at least 5 PM, I don’t drink alone and I try to stop before I get drunk. Two out of those three things usually succeed.
But since I live with an alcoholic, finding someone to drink with isn’t hard ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom