• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What supplements or medications do you take?

Daylight, preferably sunlight. (Vit D)

Walking : 60 mins Brisk pace/ stroll, alternate. (induces endorphins)

Humour: Jokes,puns, memes, comedy clips. (induces serotonin, oxytocin, dopamine and endorphins)

More water, fruit & veg. In particular vit C laden.

Mild Iron supplement and a menopause concoction - over the counter, not prescribed.

If I hit a phase of chronic pain or neuropathy:
Gabapentin, Tramadol - I have to feel desperate in order to take any of those. Struggle with the 'come down' of either.

Also have a Bronchial Dilator- used as and when needed. Not needed often.

I'm not too keen about coming off haloperidol because it keeps my motor tic disorder under control. I'd like to try aripiprazole (Abilify) but that's really expensive in Australia, I wouldn't be able to afford it. I was on ziprasidone (Zeldox/Geodon) for a couple of years but when I had an ECG in hospital, the doctors took me off it because it was affecting my heart in a bad way. It was a shame because I liked that medication and would still be on it now if I could.

I tried risperidone (Risperdal) but that made me feel sick to my stomach and my muscles felt weak.

I'm not trying olanzapine again - I'm fat enough.

Lamictal ( the generic) 100 mg
clonazepam2 mg
Abilify (the generic) 15 mg
all once a day at bedtime

I also use to take the generic of cogentin but is cased headaches and vomiting or at least I'm pretty sure it was the cause

Every other day:
Vitamin d & Magnesium
Cod Liver oil capsule

Occasional:
B complex
Zinc

Rarely:
Vitamin K2
Nootropics (L-theanine....blah...) (ashwaganda....meh) others... (L-trysoine...cool) Rhodoliia (huh? no effect)
Reluctant to try more nootropics," I keep buying/testing the crap, it's doesn't really have a noticeable effect of any kind.

Its all very random. I am not on medication, and never have been.

New Threads

Top Bottom