• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What song are you listening to right now?

Brian had a way with melodies. Can't help but like the music. Despite his personal problems.

He is quite gifted :) For my part, I think many of the problems come from lack of support within the group. He gave them a lifestyle they loved, and they turned their backs on him. And he felt caught between wanting to express himself, and knowing he could no longer do that with his band.

I'm most saddened that we'll never get to hear those Smile songs with the other vocal and instrumental bits he wrote back then. The two lost sessions for "Surf's Up," for example. And wonder at everything else he would have done, if it were completed. That said, I love so much of what Brian did in the 70s.

@Mr. Stevens
Maybe you know more about him than me. I Know he had a burst of musical creativity, followed by a downward spiral. But he's alive and doing well, now, It seems. I love his late 60's work.

This song cements a period of my life so strongly that it's like nailing that time period to the wall.

Last edited:
I have two sets of cousins, on completely opposite sides of the family who recently moved cross country to Tennessee. They don't even know each other.

I wonder what makes it so special?

So I am listening to this song.

Nice band. Apparently Dave Grohl first live concert was Raygun. If comments on YouTube are to be believed. I wouldn't know, only know Kurt fave bands. I was listening to Dave's audiobook, the storyteller, not log ago. Just the stories of the early days, when he was broke, and music was his religion. He never mentioned Raygun. Or I missed it.

Nice band. Apparently Dave Grohl first live concert was Raygun. If comments on YouTube are to be believed. I wouldn't know, only know Kurt fave bands. I was listening to Dave's audiobook, the storyteller, not log ago. Just the stories of the early days, when he was broke, and music was his religion. He never mentioned Raygun. Or I missed it.

You can definitely hear the crossover between Raygun and Big Black. Both are great bands.

Big Black, Butthole surfers, I think Kurt listened to those while he was on the bleach tour, amongst others. Iggy Pop Raw power is another awesome record. I got into Flipper, cause of a home video of Kurt during the gulf war crisis, He was playing "That's the way of the world". Kurt Novoselic was doing video feedback tricks on camera. It's a short clip, but...the song intrigued me. Though I had read magazines in my youth listing all these albums, as Kurts influences, I never cheeked them out. They were pretty obscure. Internet makes it a lot easy. I was looking at Kurt Jornals, not long ago, he has a lot of tracklists he wrote down. I was checking out that too.

I love the album design, You cut it up and it's a replica tour van.
Actually, I screwed up, it was this song being played on Kurts Home video. Now I remember. They are both ominous.

New Threads

Top Bottom