• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What song are you listening to right now?

5 mins in...I'll just let it play out...til i get bored

Right now vincent is talking abut the lady who was a giant tooth, and how he fell in love..
(I remember that...his early live shows were great.)
Now he's talking about LA friends....jim morrison , hendrix, zappa .....janis
Now he's talking about 27 club
Talkin Jim now....how he was nihilistic
On stage, in studio he was brilliant, other 22 hours (in day) he was killing himself

20 minutes in...So i've always liked his music, but didn't think I'd care much about his personal life, he's more interesting than I gave him credit....now he's talking about his marriage, Christianity....drug deals, detroit, explaining his philosophy, gangs, philanthropic sentiments, i always knew he was born again, and I thought that was weird juxtaposition, but he's explaining the reasons behind it.

37 mins in....who you are....not what you do...eloquent. Also something I agree with.

44min now gettin to the good part...1982 , says totally addicted on every level...cocaine...on top of being an alcoholic
(He looked skeletal and near death...shockingly gaunt. Anybody could see he was in a really bad spot.)

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220716-193619_Spotify.jpg

Iggy Pop - Curiosity

Iggy Pop was asked to replace Jim's lead vocal position, but he I guess He didn't want to do it. So it never materialized. Imagine what could hav been though! it would have been an exciting departure for the group after the tragedy endured in Paris.

I miss 2000

Robert Williams - *****Rock D J*****

Yeah 2000, this song was playing all summer. I remember it distinctly. In the pubs. Fond memories.

Depeche Mode - Policy of Truth

'90 Tour. He's a great showman. He's admitted he stole from the best, Morrison, Jagger etc.
I've watched hours of Depeche Mode...this last month....too many hours...
:sweatsmile: It became somewhat of an obsession for a while. I'm over it now. I've had all I can take.

I'm listening to this 1990 concert. I think this was their peak both creatively and commercial.
Kaleid, World in my eyes, halo, shake the disease, what an opening....

So "grabbing hands grab all they can".....has just finished, and now it's "It's a lot like life, to play between the sheets." They have so many good songs. Especially the 80's with Alan Wilder.

The build up to..."I'm taking a ride with my best friend..." is great.

..."Been waiting for the night to come." That's what song I listen to right now.

"i want you now" DO these guys have a bad song? Martin , goes in solo,..."dont want to sound like one fo the boys.." yeah he's the songwriter. I believe he's quite good at what he does. Whatever comes out of daves mouth, Mr Gore is behind that. "Though it's not love it means something...."

1 hour in. ..."and you standin there tongue tied, you better learn your lesson well, hide what you have to hide, tell what you have to tell."

I'm done. One of the best bands in the country. I might have to go see them when they come around here (not actually them...copycats) . I atleast feel tempted to do so.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom