• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What song are you listening to right now?

Not too many people know about this band. The singer/song writer/guitarist was pretty amazing.

The street cafe was closed to all but ghosts
Who glide the alleys searching for their lair
I heard a voice like winter call my name
Said very soon that I would join them there

Not too many people know about this band. The singer/song writer/guitarist was pretty amazing.

The street cafe was closed to all but ghosts
Who glide the alleys searching for their lair
I heard a voice like winter call my name
Said very soon that I would join them there

That was cool, Tom. I thought the guitar sounds initially made by the lead guitarist/singer sounded rather Fripp-like. I'm a fan of that guitar sound.

Can't stop the memory
That goes climbing through my brain.

I liked that, and checked out some of their other stuff as well. I like the singer's manic delivery. It was new to me. One of the (probably many) Aussie bands I missed.

I left because that was mean
I was scared and I was closed.

Wow, if I had only heard that and not seen, I would have placed it around 1961-62. Gene Chandler came to mind (Duke of Earl). And I kind of wish I had only heard because the vocalists delivery makes me squirm... but a well done retro song. :)

This is a bit self indulgent as it puts together two favorites, a song and a sport. An unusual and hard to explain, primordial kind of experience. I think that is partially why the sport seems to endlessly spin out new words/slang, as those who do it constantly search for words to describe the indescribable.

Bender - Isolate

And my hands an open knife
It carves creation's fire

lol you're squirming? :D

That's Shaun Fleming who was the drummer for Foxygen. I love his voice too! He's also done voice acting for Disney movies including Kim Possible and Lilo & Stitch.

This is a bit self indulgent as it puts together two favorites, a song and a sport. An unusual and hard to explain, primordial kind of experience. I think that is partially why the sport seems to endlessly spin out new words/slang, as those who do it constantly search for words to describe the indescribable.

Bender - Isolate

And my hands an open knife
It carves creation's fire

This one's driving me mad because I can't think who it sounds like. The bass is RHCP or Creed and the vocalist / chorus sounds like ....... ah ....... it'll come to me. I love it and it was a great video.

Axl Rose! ^

This is an ELO song off the 'Time' album c. 1981. Probably the only concept album I trully liked. Some of that was likely that it was essentially a Science Fiction story in music, but certainly also because so many songs were good and varied.

I think I most like innovation in music. If you hear any sound long enough after a while your mind blocks it out. Music is like that to me. It takes something new to break the surface and sink in.

This is a cover but very faithfully done and the better video.

Here is a favorite song and wonderfully early video of them. No one could ever classify them, but I think they where a significant part of the change in music that occurred in the 70's. One of the pathfinders that broke away from classic rock and prog.

New Threads

Top Bottom