• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What phone should I get? Moto G 6 or Moto G 7?

What new phone should I get?

• Moto G6

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Moto G7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Android OS, no Iphones)

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Above.

Apparently the G6 comes out next week for £169, and I could get £100 trade in at Car Phone Warehouse on my Nexus 6. The Moto G7 allegedly comes out on the 13th of September according to Google and YouTube.

I kind of need a new phone NOW, so I'm drawn to the G6, on the other hand the G7 is a better spec phone with more features and stuff, should I wait for that?

As mentioned I have looked both phones up on Google.

The Moto G7 allegedly comes out on the 13th of September according to Google and YouTube.

Yeah. I wouldn't take that as anything other than a tentative date until you see Motorola formally announce a release date. Especially if only more obscure sources make such claims as opposed to more mainstream electronics media sources.

When I worked in the marketing dept. for a software company I was told that they often publicized release dates that were mostly geared to shareholders rather than the anticipation of users. Even if the release dates weren't realistic from an internal perspective.

While you can't buy the product if it doesn't exist yet, one can always buy the company stock at any time to bolster their balance sheet before the product actually comes to fruition. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah. I wouldn't take that as anything other than a tentative date until you see Motorola formally announce a release date. Especially if only more obscure sources make such claims as opposed to more mainstream electronics media sources.

When I worked in the marketing dept. for a software company I was told that they often publicized release dates that were mostly geared to shareholders rather than the anticipation of users. Even if the release dates weren't realistic from an internal perspective.

Well yeah but Google never gets it wrong! :D

Well yeah but Google never gets it wrong! :D

Most of the time when people say "google" they mean the verb- not the noun. To use the search engine of your choice. Not necessarily Google (Alphabet) the company.

Though from my own perspective while they all claim to have different algorithms they essentially locate more or less the same information sources. So I tend to be indifferent to which ones people rely on. I often use Bing as much as Google and Yahoo.

I'm usually very skeptical of search engine results in general that are very few in number and from very obscure sources. Much like "breaking news" stories where mainstream media agencies won't even comment on. Where only "fringe" sources may make claims that more legitimate sources won't even touch out of concerns for journalistic integrity.

As for the search engines, they merely harvest what's out there. They don't qualify or underwrite sources in terms of legitimacy. Or even how safe their links may be.

Last edited:
So anyway, to get this back on topic... new phones?

Wouldn't you rather wait until the G7 is out so you can determine real user feedback? And also to learn specifically what the latest model will cost.

Besides, once the latest model is out, I suppose there's always the possibility that the earlier model may be cheaper at that point in time. Where your patience may "sweeten the pot". Unfortunately though we don't really know yet when that G7 may actually hit the market.

Then again didn't you post that you need a phone like yesterday? Which really equates into the G6 or something else entirely. Or did you also mention you had a landline so you might be able to hold off on a smartphone? Might serve you best to wait a bit if you can.

One thing for sure, the latest generation of smartphones seem to be coming out with some seriously good camera features and lens. Weird how smartphones are changing the digital camera market.

Last edited:
What I might do, is wait till my SIM Only contract with Virgin runs out in October, and then get everything together, a new phone and new SIM Only contract, will need to shop around a bit both in store and online, although I've been with most of the big names, don't know whether to go back on EE or go back to O2, only reason I left EE was that they didn't have the phone I wanted when it was upgrade time.

What I might do, is wait till my SIM Only contract with Virgin runs out in October, and then get everything together, a new phone and new SIM Only contract, will need to shop around a bit both in store and online, although I've been with most of the big names, don't know whether to go back on EE or go back to O2, only reason I left EE was that they didn't have the phone I wanted when it was upgrade time.

Sounds like a plan, Rich. :)

Sounds like a plan, Rich. :)

Yeah, I just need to give 30 days notice around mid September for when the Virgin contract runs out around Mid to late October (Just after me Dad's birthday I think I started it last year).

Yeah, I just need to give 30 days notice around mid September for when the Virgin contract runs out around Mid to late October (Just after me Dad's birthday I think I started it last year).

Sounds like good timing all things considered. :cool:

Giving you "breathing room" to consider your options and whether the G7 hits the market when anticipated.

New Threads

Top Bottom