• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What one weird thing are you obsessing on right now?

Allicat

I get stuck on not knowing weird things. I don't mean answers to the big questions, like "Why are we here?", but just passing thoughts that get stuck in my head and I cannot get rid of until I find out why.

Here's what I mean. I have a bottle of Febreze. For those unfamiliar, it's this spray that "gets rid of smells." How it actually works is the chemical in it wraps itself around the stink molecules so they can't bind with the receptors in your nose and you don't smell them (sciency stuff here if you're interested: How Does Febreze Work? ). Ok, I get that. But what about other living things with noses? Does it work on cats? Dogs? Birds? Fish? Or does it only affect humans?

I've been obsessing about this one for over a month now; can't find an answer anywhere. I even emailed the company that makes Febreze and asked them (they didn't respond *sigh*). I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets stuck on minor things like this, so what one little thing are YOU currently wishing you had the answer to?

How does [girl from my high school I was romantic with] remember me? Does she remember me as a boy she liked or a creep? Well i guess this isn't really that weird of a thing to obsess over.

You're really obsessed with if febreeze works on other animals?

The hypothetical itinerary of a person with severe seasonal allergies that would want to travel the world with the sole purpose of not experiencing any allergies. I started thinking about this yesterday and had an interesting chat with my immunology professor about this, who thought it was hilarious.
The Sahara, an oil rig and Antarctica came to mind, but that's too easy. I'm thinking of the inhabited world.

For example, if you're only allergic to birch pollen, you could travel to a land that doesn't have birch, but it's entirely possible you'll develop an allergy to the local vegetation if you stay there long enough and it's hard to predict whether that will happen.

It started of as sort of a joke, but now I'm sort of determined to develop a plan based on local vegetation and common pollen allergies around the globe. Oh well.

Nothing right now, but when it happens, it actually hurts my brain. I could have one word just going around and around in my head and it makes me feel so sick, but I feel blessed because I can call out to my God, and He calms me down.

I love the internet, because when I get obsessed with something, I can normally find out tons of information about it. But the times I cannot, I will spend an entire day, panicking that I cannot find the information.

Watching videos that pay you like 1 cent to watch them, seriously I should just be listing more stuff on Ebay.

The Walking Dead has been an interest for as long as it's been running. I want Rick and his group to liquidate Negan as soon as possible, preferably this weekend when the show starts again. I'm waiting.

I've been listening to Blink 182 for two days straight. All day and evening, and I'll probably continue to do so for another week or so.

The Walking Dead has been an interest for as long as it's been running. I want Rick and his group to liquidate Negan as soon as possible, preferably this weekend when the show starts again. I'm waiting.

Yeah. I seriously doubt Negan will suffer the same fate as in the comic book. :cool:

I can't imagine them drawing out Negan's repulsive presence much longer. Kudos though to Jeffrey Dean Morgan, a great actor usually known for nicer characters.

Mmm I'm very interested on creating and uploading videos on YT, I started two weeks ago and so far I have 191 videos there, an average of 12 videos per day.

Also I starting saving every change I get from buying something, I receive like $5 per day for bus and I storage the change in a couple of big plastic bottles for some things I want to buy on the future months. I'm so into it I was thiking on some sort of control like weight the bottles every months or so and watch the progress.

Yeah. I seriously doubt Negan will suffer the same fate as in the comic book.

I do know his fate in the comic :nomouth: Negan really pulls off the psycho/schizoid/narc like quality, without being too obvious. What's frightening is that he's so unpredictable.

And of course Morgan was doing construction work last I saw. Which at least suggests an alternative destiny for people. Think this season will be various groups beginning to understand one another. To combine or align with Rick's group. They need numbers and weaponry and ammo.

You're really obsessed with if febreeze works on other animals?

Ummm, yeah. Like I said, weird. And the thing is, once I get an answer? I'll probably never think about it again. But until I do it just rattles around my head.

And your allergy trip plan is right up my alley Bolletje; look at Rapa Nui (aka Easter Island) as an option.

Ummm, yeah. Like I said, weird. And the thing is, once I get an answer? I'll probably never think about it again. But until I do it just rattles around my head.

And your allergy trip plan is right up my alley Bolletje; look at Rapa Nui (aka Easter Island) as an option.

These are the sorts of things I usually end up obsessing over, and exactly as you said, once I have the answer I mostly never think of them ever again.

I can't even think of the last thing I obsessed over like this. It may come to me eventually.

I'm obsessing over The Lion King at the moment.

That's not the weird part though, the weird part is that I'm obsessing over Scar - Like, what is his deal, really? And why is he the character in that movie that I can relate to/identify with the most?

What makes this even more weird is that by sheer coinsidence my appearance, mannerisms and voice happen to bare some resemblance to Scar too, enough that some kids in high school actually used to call me "Scar".

At the moment, I'm obsessed with gaining paid employment, not just because I need the money, although that's part of it, and also contrary to popular opinion in my Family it's not to shut the Daily Mail readers up on Facebook who think I'm a "Burden on the State" because I'm on benefits, even if I get a job I will still be on benefits, because I have a lifelong condition.

I also want some nice Woman about my age to become the next Mrs Allen and have at least 1 child for me, but I doubt that'll ever happen, miracles don't happen for guys like me.

This thing about Scar gets even weirder because I found this storyboarded scene that didn't make it into the movie:

Now - people seem to have a knee-jerk reaction to this the first time they view it and I'm sure everyone will understand why. But I kinda see myself in this scene - or rather, how I used to be before I realised I was asexual.

I never backed anyone into a corner like that or threatened them in any way, but - pay attention to how this escalates. Scar asks Zazu "what did Mufasa have that I don't?" and one of the things Zazu says is "a loving queen". Scar fixates on this so much that he becomes totally oblivious to everything else and loses sight of reason - and this is the important part that I relate to. To me it seems like he's really trying too hard to fulfill what he thinks is expected of him, rather than what he really wants, here.

This type of thing has happened to me on a couple of occasions, where I had female friends and everything was cool until someone suggested that we'd "make a cute couple" or something and then my mind would fixate on that and I'd start acting weird and inevitably ruin the friendship by acting weird. I wasn't really interested in them in that way, I just tried to force myself to be because someone put the idea in my head that I should be. This never ended well.

I actually sympathise with Scar a little in this deleted scene, because I think his actions are completely misunderstood - first he's just obsessing over something Zazu said to the point where he's not really aware of what he's doing and how others are reacting to it... and then he just takes rejection VERY badly - perhaps because it confirms, beyond reasonable doubt, what he seemed to be worrying about in the beginning of the scene. Everyone else who watches this seems to look at him as some kind of sexual predator and say they are glad it didn't make the final cut because it's totally inappropriate. There is something very awkward about it, but it's awkward and uncomfortable in a way that I think actually would've worked well in the finished movie (I mean, would you say Scar hitting Sarabi is a particularly "comfortable" scene? No, but it sure was effective!), and the only problem I really see with it is it would mean delaying Scar introducing the hyenas for longer than would really make sense where plot progression is concerned. He made a deal with them, they wouldn't wait long enough for Nala to grow up!

I'd say my biggest obsession at the moment is probably the worldbuilding process for a series of post-apocalyptic novels I plan on writing. Almost every waking moment I'm thinking of new characters, places, events, technologies, factions, and creatures to populate this universe. When I walk to and from class, eat dinner, even when I take a shower you can safely bet that my mind is teeming with new ideas or tweaking already existing ones. The problem is that I'm so caught up in the worldbuilding phase that I haven't yet made a coherent attempt at an actual story set in this universe.

I'd say my biggest obsession at the moment is probably the worldbuilding process for a series of post-apocalyptic novels I plan on writing. Almost every waking moment I'm thinking of new characters, places, events, technologies, factions, and creatures to populate this universe. When I walk to and from class, eat dinner, even when I take a shower you can safely bet that my mind is teeming with new ideas or tweaking already existing ones. The problem is that I'm so caught up in the worldbuilding phase that I haven't yet made a coherent attempt at an actual story set in this universe.

Well, you'll always have a factual basis to build such speculation upon.

After all, the "Dark Ages" were a reality for human civilization. A blueprint of sorts to remind everyone that as a species we don't necessarily evolve in a linear manner. That everything civilization accrues over time, can be profoundly lost.

Dictating a broad variety of alternatives in the future. I suspect that's what draws me to dystopian story lines of films and literature. That as preposterous as some may seem, that all of them are likely possible depending upon the degree of civilization which might be lost in whole or in part.

Attack on Titan, especially the characters Bertholdt Hoover and Annie Leonhart (no, I don't ship them). xD I looooove to make stories about AoT. Hoping to get a fan fic out there someday. xD

Also, obsessed with Tomb Raider and the tomb raiding story concept in general (I have legit put AoT characters in tomb raiding and/or adventuring scenarios).

(Yep, that's my current almost-life-purpose obsession. lol)

That and dirt on corrupt companies, oddball internet posts, etc. I'm so nosy. xD (No, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, these are legit corrupt companies I'm talking about. Look up Nestle.).

New Threads

Top Bottom