• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What makes you happy?

Videogames, reading, sewing, playing with my cat. And also volunteering at the animal shelter back home. The cats there are so lonely and want attention so much that I usually have one on my lap and two alongside me wanting to be petted. I get a warm, fuzzy feeling after I've spent an hour there.

Silence

Tranquility

Well-played live, unplugged acoustic music against an absolutely quiet background in an acoustically lively ambiance

Being in nature, far far away from civilization

Rustic & worn things

Things that get better with age

My beat-up 67 year-old acoustic guitar

A hot jacuzzi in the snow, under the stars, no lights

A thriving tree that looks like its flourished through a very hard life

Minimalism

Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture

The sound of being in the rainforest

Hearing foreign accents

Tasting new foods

Pouring rain when the sun is shining

Talisker 18 year-old Scotch Whisky

Black tobacco in my pipe

A campfire

Scars that were "worth it" with fun stories

The feeling when I NAIL something that other's can't do, using my savant powers

Praise & Worship music (Jesus Culture et cetera)

Being alone & talking to God

Studying & learning amazing new things

Being hugged by my little kids

Green Chile... from Hatch... autumn harvest... fresh roasted

I hate being so late to the party on threads like these.

Star Wars is the biggest thing in my life that makes me happy, the second biggest thing would have to be Amon Amarth (my favorite band.)

alot of things that make me happy are starbucks ice coffee having fun with the best best mom ever, watching fun kids tv shows, riding the marta, riding busses, going to fun places with the best mom ever, being outside, slepping, making people happy, chearing people up whan thay are sad, going to ikea, going on day trips with the best best mom ever, travling to places with the best mom ever, slepping in the morning, being frendly to everyone going to very fun places going to parks and playgrounds, sometimes eating cookies, sometimes trying new things reading fun books that i like, and a lot more thing.

What makes me happy?

Knowing and feeling that who I am and what i have to offer makes a difference in some one else's life. That really makes a difference in my own life, my own heart, my soul.

I think this is called Selbstwirksamkeitserleben/self-effiacy experiences. I think it´s important to see and feel that you make a difference in the life (of others) and to feel connected with others.

Being able to contemplate nature for its complexity yet see it as the present iteration of life's struggles to grow and reproduce. And lest you think that too dour, consider that in some animal societies, altruism creates greater reproductive fitness within families and groups, and evolution rolls on.

Finding things in the victorian era dump by the river. Makes me feel like a treasure hunter or when I look for fossils like a paleontologist. I've been digging things up since I was a child. Being on my bike for a long cycle, the quiet, the breathing, the cadence, it's like magic. Cooking good meals and doing art, all of it makes me happy.
Looking for fossils! WOW! I started collecting 62 years ago in the Devonian of Ohio and Ontario. 4 years ago I went to Morocco with geologists and gifted amateurs, into the Anti-Atlas. It was the kingdom of Trilobites.

Last edited:
What makes me happy is spending time with my fiancee, playing/composing music, eating a good meal together, playing Red Dead Redemption II and reflecting on my life with autism. I also like really long drives with no destination, and I can play plainchant to my heart's content.

Playing with my statistics making headway in the biggest puzzle how does the universe work. hanging out with my wife just enjoying her company.

A book, a couch, and some music.

Watching the world from a nice window.

Overcast skies and a nice walk in the fall.

Earplugs.

A woman's laughter.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom