• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What makes you happy?

Animals (horses are my favorite), nature, Zelda games, cold weather (autumn is the best), hiking, collecting crystals, books, my laptop, listening to music (especially instrumentals), staying up late, decorating my living space, being alone (most of the time), doing DIY crafts, being a vegan, running. I care a lot about the well-being of animals and people, so seeing them happy really warms my heart. I hope to own a ranch one day, where abused/neglected animals can live in peace.
I never would have guessed you liked Zelda, it's not as though Link is your profile picture or anything... ;) What's your favourite Zelda game? Mine is Ocarina of Time.

This is a good question... It made me think past the empty feeling I sometimes get inside.

I like my house clean, my yard clean and mowed, my truck clean, and my body clean
I love the smell of clean clothes that got extra fabric softener and two dryer sheets
I love days when I wake up energized (it doesn't happen much, but it does happen sometimes)
I love listening to music - I'm not much of a tv person
I enjoy being around people who allow me to be me (never happens much) so my next choice is...
I enjoy when people allow me to be alone and not ask if Im ok, or whats wrong, or tell me thats not normal
I enjoy times when people aren't using me or taking my energy from me
I enjoy just sitting and being quiet and listening to nature
I enjoy getting in my truck and just going somewhere alone
I love the sound of 420 horsepower pulling my camper up a mountain road (yeah this Aspie is a gear head)
I love camping around water, with someone who gets me, otherwise without anyone else
I enjoy learning and writing
I enjoy the thought of being around someone who actually gets me, understands me, and doesn't want to change me and I don't want to change them
I love days without anxiety, panic attacks, depression, and not being wiped out from the fatigue
I love eating healthy food
I love just being in a good mood
I like it when I finally finish something I started
I love the fact that though I often feel alone, there are other people out there like me... : )

If this was that glass full, or glass half empty thing that people talk about... I think there is no glass.
Its just if we are fulfilled or empty...

I love driving, but only if I'm the only one on the road, I'm in nature, and it's preferably a dirt road.
I enjoy hiking with my dog. My dog in general makes me the most happy.
I like video games, but struggle to find games I'm interested in. They're either hard for me to get into or I beat them in a few days, so I have stopped playing them. I like camping and being around a trusted group of friends around a camp fire.
Some might laugh, but Cannabis makes me happy in the right setting. It lowers my stress levels and I'm more easy going. (I'd love to speak to some other aspies that use cannabis if their are any here)
I don't have a lot of hobbies anymore. Many of my pre existing hobbies included other people (such as rock climbing) and I no longer enjoy them due to the social aspect. Kinda hard to be honest. I either don't have hobbies or lack the motivation to pursue them.
Music plays a large roll in my life, and provides happiness.
I do like to bake. I however hate cooking. Weird, right?

What I really enjoy is adrenaline. Driving fast, risking my life, jumping out of planes, dropping a cliff on my snowboard into a couple feet of powder. Adrenaline is the only "natural" thing that's ever made me feel human, and it always leaves a smile on your face. Yeah my heart is racing and my anxiety is through the roof (sparks up a spliff prior to dropping in) but the reward is something I only experience after potentially risking my life. I take back everything I said above. It's adrenaline. (And my dog).

Writing and photography, loving my kitties and Significant Other and my friends, and lately, reveling in my Own Special Room which is mostly my studio.

I never would have guessed you liked Zelda, it's not as though Link is your profile picture or anything... ;) What's your favourite Zelda game? Mine is Ocarina of Time.

Haha, not everyone knows who my profile pic is. My favorite at the moment is Twilight Princess. I've never played OoT, but I really want to.

3F7F1AD8-1772-4F84-8E7D-3470D2CE115E-15007-00000C8971059A88.jpg

Hand massages
My puppy when he sleeps on my chest
Maltesers
My guitar
Hugging stuffed animals
Pressing my head firmly up against my husband's.

Haha, not everyone knows who my profile pic is. My favorite at the moment is Twilight Princess. I've never played OoT, but I really want to.

My favourite Zelda game? Hmm, split between Link to the Past on the SNES or Link's Awakening on the Game Boy, leaning more towards the latter because it was one of the first Game Boy games I completed without using a Game Genie to get infinite lives.

Playing my favorite games (I have a lot of favorites but some that come to mind recently are Skyrim, Ni No Kuni, Metroid, Zelda, Deus Ex), doing my yoga and exercise routine, seeing friends when I'm in a comfortable state of mind, watching The Simpsons and other shows or movies, listening to my favorite music, especially Radiohead, playing with my dog (or any dog), eating when I'm relaxed, going for walks.

For me, it's completing another chapter in my novel, playing my favourite video game (dragon age is the best), or sparing, weapons or no. I'm interested to hear what you guys like to do. :)
I have Dragon age...is it good later on? I only tried the opening bit so far...I prefer Archers my self...I haven't made my mind up yet on which race to use.

Thinking about going back to writing my self since everything else slipped into Hell in my life.
maybe write nights...nights seem better for writing for some reason?

I have Dragon age...is it good later on? I only tried the opening bit so far...I prefer Archers my self...I haven't made my mind up yet on which race to use.

Thinking about going back to writing my self since everything else slipped into Hell in my life.
I have to say inquisition is really good for the characters, and it's far happier than the other dragon age games, and dragon age origins is the gritty one while 2 is kind of inbetweeen. My favourite is inquisition. But all are pretty good. If you don't talk to the characters though, then that's half the fun gone.

I value things that remind me that there is beauty to be found in this world. It may be as simple as a vivid, candy-colored sky at sunset or a quiet evening when I can write or draw; or as rare as having a day that just goes right from morning to evening.

I'm happy when I see animals being loved and respected by humans.

I'm also happy when I meet someone who is genuinely kind and honest.

I have to say inquisition is really good for the characters, and it's far happier than the other dragon age games, and dragon age origins is the gritty one while 2 is kind of inbetweeen. My favourite is inquisition. But all are pretty good. If you don't talk to the characters though, then that's half the fun gone.
That is the one I got...I got the last 360 Xbox on sale and bought like 20 games for 2 to 5 dollars apiece...I have not tried them all out yet.

Maybe it's because I don't associate nights with people and mandatory social interaction...but I feel as though I can write better during evenings as well. :)

If you like the romance aspect of Dragon Age, you may also enjoy Dragon Age 2. I wanted to play Inquisition as well but the fetch quests were driving me nuts. I just have really bad completionist tendecies.

New Threads

Top Bottom