• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What makes you happy?

Momo

Well-Known Larrikin
For me, it's completing another chapter in my novel, playing my favourite video game (dragon age is the best), or sparing, weapons or no. I'm interested to hear what you guys like to do. :)

Camping, hiking and driving my R.C. when I'm outside the home.

Inside the home is my toys collection, view people collection of their toys on my favorite forum, watching shows and playing videos.

Spending time with people I like being around, sleeping, having new story ideas to play around with, feeling as if I'm really making progress with my language learning and cute adorable animals.

What makes me happy?

Knowing and feeling that who I am and what i have to offer makes a difference in some one else's life. That really makes a difference in my own life, my own heart, my soul.

Finding things in the victorian era dump by the river. Makes me feel like a treasure hunter or when I look for fossils like a paleontologist. I've been digging things up since I was a child. Being on my bike for a long cycle, the quiet, the breathing, the cadence, it's like magic. Cooking good meals and doing art, all of it makes me happy.

Also playing my favorite video game (Hearthstone right now), watching YouTube streams of Hearthstone, and just plain staying up all night whenever I can - these all make me happy and whenever I have my bad days with anxiety, these experiences soften it up a notch. Spending time online over here at AC makes me very happy and feel right at home. I also love spending time with my few NT friends, but that just makes me act all clingy and needy; it makes me very unhappy when they're unavailable. As for the things I do solo I mentioned in the first sentence, I can just do those at any time whenever I'm not working. Working and getting up early do NOT make me happy. I cannot afford to miss out on even more happiness but in the friends and work situations it's really not up to me, and this fact alone does NOT make me happy. Not working, not sleeping, AC, solo hobbies, maximum time spent with friends...wish I could have it all 100%, be happy 100%.

The things that make me the most happy are being kind and helping others, and contributing to making others happy in any way I can, whether that is volunteering at an animal shelter or helping my mum cook a meal.
Other things that make me happy include spending time with my dogs, watching YouTube videos, listening to music, and being outdoors in nature.

For me, it's completing another chapter in my novel, playing my favourite video game (dragon age is the best), or sparing, weapons or no. I'm interested to hear what you guys like to do. :)
sleeping ,not panicking,European blackbirds and

starlings singing their songs are wonderful
pigeons cooing and birds on the branches in my garden moving
wildflowers (the cranesbill-tiny pink flower)when the street is devoid of human noise
cats coming to greet me ,puppies,baby animals

I think my list of things that make me happy is too long to out in here. Besides, it is hard to think of them all at once. I like making and eating a good meal. I like sharing a meal with someone I like.

I like taking care of my cats and cuddling them, especially rocking them. They both like all that, too, so that makes it better. It is fun to make something like a new bed for them, or a new toy, and watch them get excited and happy when they try it out. It is even fun when they are trying to figure out what the thing I am making is for and do stuff like skidding across my fabric that is ready to cut out with all limbs windmilling and wad it all up.

Gardening is great when I can do it all day long and take a nap in the shade of the tall plants when I get tired and then garden some more. When I used to have a big garden in the country, my animals used to help me garden. Sometimes friends came to enjoy it also. That made it even more fun.

I like doing painting and carving when I feel especially inspired. It almost feels as if the artwork makes itself. I feel as if Gd or an angel is helping me.

I like worship and praise. It was especially nice when I sang improvisations in the evenings and my animals and wild ones joined in. The birds used to gather ahead of time on the telephone wires by the garden and the quail would run through the garden sprinklers and call all around us with our "concert". The fog would creep toward us from the ocean and the setting sun would turn it beautiful colors along with the clouds. That seemed like a little preview of Paradise.

The few times I shared this experience with someone, they felt stunned by it, or peaceful and happy.

Animals (horses are my favorite), nature, Zelda games, cold weather (autumn is the best), hiking, collecting crystals, books, my laptop, listening to music (especially instrumentals), staying up late, decorating my living space, being alone (most of the time), doing DIY crafts, being a vegan, running. I care a lot about the well-being of animals and people, so seeing them happy really warms my heart. I hope to own a ranch one day, where abused/neglected animals can live in peace.

I had to send a parcel off ( sold something on ebay) and it was debatable whether it would go. But it did and walked away with a huge smile on my face.

When I have figured out something on my own.

We have tiny windows upstairs and our nets are for a long window. I needed to change the nets that were on the windows and so, thought that I could just double up and put a bow or something, to make it look attractive, but it looked awful and was about to give up, when I noticed that the design of the net curtain, was that I could cut through and it would be as though they were designed like that. I did and they look amazing, to the extent that my husband noted and showed appreciation.

When I tidy up something that has been bugging me.

When I get through a huge pile of ironing ( I used to love it, but other things have taken over and it is more a trial these days).

My faith makes me very happy.

Being alone doing art, Gardening, animals, watching the old western movies my grandma likes, Touhou Project, Sailor Moon soundtrack, my dog, eating things that came from the garden, insects, BUTTERFLIES, cats, children, beachcombing, pretty glass decorations

My partner and daughter make ne very happy. We such a loving family, they are my world.

Reading a good book/seeing a good film.

Camping and holidays.

A clean house.

Showers and being clean.

Pyjamas and lazy days.

Peace and quiet.

Restful sleep.

Eating cake/cheese.

Caring for animals.

Completing a project, such as a painting

Achieving a goal, such as passing a exam.

It's the simple things for me I guess.

Being alone in nature.

Animals.

Rock collecting.

Gardening.

Music.

Finding someone to talk with that shares my interests.

I love scuba diving. Surprised?

I love going places and meeting new people and learning about them and their culture.

I also am happiest when everything is neat, clean, and organized. It makes me very happy when I go to get something and it is where I left it which doesn't always happen because I have a NT girlfriend. I am very happy with her anyways ;)

Finishing a drawing and being satisfied with it,looking at my doll collection,listening to my music on my iPhone,being around animals and feeding the ducks.

New Threads

Top Bottom