• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What made you UNHAPPY today?

Someone at work talking about how they couldn't sleep after watching a documentary on auschwitz. She began the conversion with "I've had the worst nights sleep of my life" and as soon as I heard that I was already irritated.

I just found it a bit frustrating as I couldn't relate to her emotions. I'm an avid history fan, especially ww2 and whilst the holocaust is undeniably tragic and horrific, I felt put off by her seemingly melodramatic reaction. I guess the more Ive read about the horrors of war, the more desensitised I've become.

Then again, empathising when people are distraught isn't a strong suit of mine. I found the situation a bit off putting and was glad when the topic changed. I guess we all have different things that can keep us up at night.

On the topic of war I'm reading yet another book about WW2. A diary of an Austrian sniper who survived the German retreat from Russia and all the way back to Germany. Fascinating reading but ifs extremely graphic and rather sobering stuff.

Ed

The world is going to be destroyed and we all die anyway, why not try to have fun while you can? :)

Because it sucks the fun right out of you. The past few days I've been having more trouble sleeping and my stomach is bothering me a lot. Also my right shoulder has been hurting a lot, but I don't think that's related. When I mentioned it to my doctor early this month he said it might be tendonitis and he'd make me an appointment for an ultrasound, but I haven't heard anything from him yet. Last night my whole right arm hurt, the pain was just shooting up into my fingers. If this is what I'm like at nearly 46, I guess I'll be in a wheelchair by the time I'm 50. If I live that long.

New Threads

Top Bottom