• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is Your Pet Doing Right Now?

As you can see, Enzo was not pleased with Ranger stealing his toy.
But since he is a Malinois, he was not pleased with Enzo trying get his toy back. They are called “Maligators” for a reason.

His ears will fully stand up when he is a bit older btw

497C1111-96A3-4604-A7DD-4BC17033383C.jpeg
0847EE40-87DD-41D6-A8B3-09FD6D0DBD59.jpeg
250C27D7-A6AA-4713-9D3B-25A59B68E8C7.jpeg
C5B9AA48-0521-4386-BB3C-FA0307B40CD5.jpeg

These memes kind of sum it up lol

D9F5649B-40CD-44D2-B99B-1FCA7003614E.jpeg
DB1DCA54-0E62-4B70-8B0D-7EA722ACBACF.jpeg
932E96A3-92ED-4B9D-ACA3-E26ABE029D00.jpeg
7F34CEAF-DF66-4C7B-AE48-2AF1814AD0AF.jpeg
9B2A9B89-E1D6-480D-8EC3-43703F43E5FD.jpeg

As you can see, Enzo was not pleased with Ranger stealing his toy.
But since he is a Malinois, he was not pleased with Enzo trying get his toy back. They are called “Maligators” for a reason.

His ears will fully stand up when he is a bit older btw

View attachment 82405View attachment 82406View attachment 82407View attachment 82408

These memes kind of sum it up lol

View attachment 82413View attachment 82414View attachment 82415View attachment 82416View attachment 82417
Luca, is Ranger a new puppy of yours? He's adorable.

View attachment 82690

This is Rue Dog. Rue Dog went off on a barking frenzy this afternoon and scared a middle schooler into hysterics...for a very good reason.

Rue Dog and I had just gotten home from a cardiology appointment and because the weather is nice we've had the windows open. Our big pictures are locked when I'm not home, but I opened them when I got home for air and because Potato Cat loves to sit in the window. The air here today is cool and still, voices carry. (This factor will matter in a moment...).

Two girls 11 - 13 were walking up our street and I heard one tell the other, her mother said she could have a cat if she found one. Apparently the family had been turned away by the local humane society, (yes, it was eavesdropping, but then again they were very loud.) The girls walked off and I figured that was the end of it.

Cardiology took a lot out of me today and I dozed off for a bit. Next thing I know Rue Dog goes flying off the end of my bed in an absolute frenzy and Potato Cat is spitting and hissing in rage. I race out to the living room and see the taller of the two girls tripping backward out of our lilac bush in front of the open window. She ran up the street screaming bloody murder.

Rue Dog's charge took her completely by surprise. He's fast, he's uber loud, and he is a dog who means business.

The screen on the living room window had been forced open a couple of inches, right in front of Potato Cat's favourite perch. It wasn't wide enough for Rue Dog to get his nose through, and it didn't take a great leap of logic to figure out what had been going on...Rue Dog leapt to the defense of his pack.

I called the non-emergency number and reported the trespassing and petty vandalism. I also told them the conversation I had overheard. (Not the first time this family has been reported, usually it's noise complaints, (the aforementioned screamer). I just wanted something on record, just in case.

Turned out to be a smart move. The would be trespasser informed her mother she was attacked by a vicious dog at large in the neighborhood. I had photos of my screen, the window, Potato Cat, and Rue taken seconds after he scared the crap out of the kid.

Animal control knocked on my door about ten minutes after city patrol left. They were shown the police report I had filed and were informed my service dog was acting in defense of his home, on private property, thwarting a trespassing attempt into said residence.

City partol came back while animal control was there stating they had a report of a stolen cat. Namely, the would be burglar tried to claim that I stole Potato Cat from her...(this is when things enter a whole new level of stupid.) They now had a name and address of the culprit.

Everyone who knows me, knows Potato Cat and his story. He has Facebook and IG accounts I post to multiple times a week. Three years of vet records, a registered microchip, license records, his ID tag, and the phone number of the friend who gave me Potato Cat.

Tell me I took this cat...these patrol officers were having trouble keeping a straight face at this point. Couldn't get the dog impounded, so why not get the cat taken away...yeah.

Patrol and animal control went back to the kid and her mother with the evidence of what actually happened and clear proof of ownership of the contested cat...whole story came out.

Kid figured if she took Potato Cat her mother would let her keep him since he was 'abandoned'. She hadn't figured on Potato Cat and Rue Dog putting up such a struggle. Potato Cat, it turns out swiped at her when she forced the screen open. He drew blood, but is not in any trouble because of the trespassing and unlawful entry. Potato Cat was defending himself and his home.

Kid got the scratches treated and her mother got fined for filing a false police report.

I know kids can do stupid things, but I hope this lesson stays with this kid. I can't imagine doing something not only illegal, but also morally bankrupt. Maybe this incident will serve as a wake up call.

View attachment 82694
Omg, that’s horrible! I’m so sorry that happened. I’m glad Potato Cat and Rue Dog are okay.
I don’t have enough space here to say what I really think about the people who did that to you. Some people are garbage.
I would have been so livid. I’m livid just hearing about it happening to someone I care about.

I’m terrified of that happening to me because my dogs would probably kill someone if they tried to steal them or break into my house :/
They are not aggressive dogs unless they have to be, but anyone who tries to pick a fight with a 100lb+ dog with 500lbs of bite force, or a super muscular 65lb hunting dog that can jump an 8-foot wall, probably has a death wish.

Since I was just talking to someone else about Linda, I realized she hasn't made an appearance in a while, so here she is!
She is a rescue from Puerto Rico, and I was told that she was all kinds of different things but it turns out that she's a mostly purebred Podengo Portugueso Pequeno. They are a very rare breed so I'm not surprised the shelter wasn't able to tell what she was.
But she's absolutely NOT part Corgi. Lol. That was what they initially told me! I would believe Chihuahua before I would believe Corgi, even for a second.

DSC_0006 (2).JPG

I spoilered these because they take up a lot of room. But pictures of purebred Podengos for comparison.
Pictured below are actual purebred Portuguese Podengos, that I photographed at a dog show. They look a lot more like her than what the shelter told me she was (Chihuahua/Rat Terrier/Corgi/Shiba Inu. What??)
Podengos come in a smooth haired variety and a wire haired variety. Both are pictured.
Not the greatest angle on their faces for comparison but you can see the ears and coloring.

She is most likely Podengo/Chihuahua but a few people have told me they think she is purebred. And it's hard to tell in the picture I posted of her, but she is tiny. All of my other dogs are extra-large breeds.

DSC_0156.JPG

You know what? Here's a better comparison, actually (Google images)
Port-Ch.-Fr.-Ch.-Aurea-de-Plushcourt.jpg

Learning to drive, apparently?? (the car was off, we were just sitting in the driveway)
Jin is my service dog, he goes with me everywhere <3

Attachments

• 122496330_3933162890045051_2683934998008677205_o.jpg
    122496330_3933162890045051_2683934998008677205_o.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 55
Even though, I can't imagine how much worse I would have felt if there wasn't my dog. My life has changed so much since the moment I've got my dog, now he is a part of me it feels like. It's so important to have an emotional support animal if you're going through some trouble in your life, or suffer from emotional damage. I am glad that at least it now it's easier than ever to register your emotional support animal, this makes the process faster and available for a larger number of people.
20180722_200231.jpg

View attachment 82690

This is Rue Dog. Rue Dog went off on a barking frenzy this afternoon and scared a middle schooler into hysterics...for a very good reason.

Rue Dog and I had just gotten home from a cardiology appointment and because the weather is nice we've had the windows open. Our big pictures are locked when I'm not home, but I opened them when I got home for air and because Potato Cat loves to sit in the window. The air here today is cool and still, voices carry. (This factor will matter in a moment...).

Two girls 11 - 13 were walking up our street and I heard one tell the other, her mother said she could have a cat if she found one. Apparently the family had been turned away by the local humane society, (yes, it was eavesdropping, but then again they were very loud.) The girls walked off and I figured that was the end of it.

Cardiology took a lot out of me today and I dozed off for a bit. Next thing I know Rue Dog goes flying off the end of my bed in an absolute frenzy and Potato Cat is spitting and hissing in rage. I race out to the living room and see the taller of the two girls tripping backward out of our lilac bush in front of the open window. She ran up the street screaming bloody murder.

Rue Dog's charge took her completely by surprise. He's fast, he's uber loud, and he is a dog who means business.

The screen on the living room window had been forced open a couple of inches, right in front of Potato Cat's favourite perch. It wasn't wide enough for Rue Dog to get his nose through, and it didn't take a great leap of logic to figure out what had been going on...Rue Dog leapt to the defense of his pack.

I called the non-emergency number and reported the trespassing and petty vandalism. I also told them the conversation I had overheard. (Not the first time this family has been reported, usually it's noise complaints, (the aforementioned screamer). I just wanted something on record, just in case.

Turned out to be a smart move. The would be trespasser informed her mother she was attacked by a vicious dog at large in the neighborhood. I had photos of my screen, the window, Potato Cat, and Rue taken seconds after he scared the crap out of the kid.

Animal control knocked on my door about ten minutes after city patrol left. They were shown the police report I had filed and were informed my service dog was acting in defense of his home, on private property, thwarting a trespassing attempt into said residence.

City partol came back while animal control was there stating they had a report of a stolen cat. Namely, the would be burglar tried to claim that I stole Potato Cat from her...(this is when things enter a whole new level of stupid.) They now had a name and address of the culprit.

Everyone who knows me, knows Potato Cat and his story. He has Facebook and IG accounts I post to multiple times a week. Three years of vet records, a registered microchip, license records, his ID tag, and the phone number of the friend who gave me Potato Cat.

Tell me I took this cat...these patrol officers were having trouble keeping a straight face at this point. Couldn't get the dog impounded, so why not get the cat taken away...yeah.

Patrol and animal control went back to the kid and her mother with the evidence of what actually happened and clear proof of ownership of the contested cat...whole story came out.

Kid figured if she took Potato Cat her mother would let her keep him since he was 'abandoned'. She hadn't figured on Potato Cat and Rue Dog putting up such a struggle. Potato Cat, it turns out swiped at her when she forced the screen open. He drew blood, but is not in any trouble because of the trespassing and unlawful entry. Potato Cat was defending himself and his home.

Kid got the scratches treated and her mother got fined for filing a false police report.

I know kids can do stupid things, but I hope this lesson stays with this kid. I can't imagine doing something not only illegal, but also morally bankrupt. Maybe this incident will serve as a wake up call.

View attachment 82694
Holy crap. I can't believe they tried to steal your cat, out of your home through a window. If someone tried to steal my cat or dog they would have to quickly move far away.

New Threads

Top Bottom