• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is Your Pet Doing Right Now?

Waiting for me to rescue him from the pet rescue place RSPCA etc? Piggy bank getting full my unknown friend just stay put! (I'm an idiot sorry, not)

So dog 1 is probably lying on her bed downstairs.
Dog 2 is lying with me on the bed, trying to sleep but there are too many interesting things going on that demand her attention.

I have both some rescue dogs, and some dogs that I purchased. I will always have some of each. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having either.

But rescue dogs are always a better option for people who do not intend to breed dogs or compete in events with them, or do not want any specific type of dog, and just want a companion.
You can still compete in most performance events with rescue dogs and mixed breed dogs though! Like agility and obedience and many others. My rescue dogs are also obedience and agility champions, for the most part.

I don’t think either side of the “dog debate” needs to hate each other, which unfortunately a lot of them do. It’s not a debate and it shouldn’t be. All dogs are good dogs, and all dogs deserve a home, regardless of where you get them.
Just don’t get them from a puppy mill or a backyard breeder. If you are going to purchase a dog, do your research and use your brain. Only buy from breeders licensed by a kennel club who have a good reputation and have health certified dogs.
That’s not to say that there are not bad and irresponsible rescue organizations either. There are some bad ones. Shelters that euthanize animals because they don’t find a home quickly, or for “behavioral issues” other than untreatable and dangerous aggression, are unequivocally bad. The majority of behavioral issues are fixable. I am a dog trainer, who has some special needs and behaviorally challenged dogs. I would know.

I am a licensed dog breeder and professional trainer, and event competitor, and I still advocate for rescue dogs. I always will.

Some newer ones of Enzo that I really like... meeting a new friend on the farm, and hiking...
I take all these pictures myself with a Nikon D3200 DSLR

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0216 - Copy.JPG

My boy is pacing around my kitchen making little breathy groans in an effort to convince me it's breakfast time (for him)
... and he's starving to death and fading away with every second that passes.

My cats are also waiting for breakfast but in such a dignified manner it suggests I'm irrelevant and they can go outside and catch their own breakfast if I don't make an offering soon.

I think my cats are also judging my dog for acting stupid, needy and uncouth.

Very proud of his latest achievement and new title.
There is a rosette too but it went right up on the wall because he kept trying to eat it.

IMG_4213.jpg
IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4218.jpg

The trophy looks small next to him lol but it's not and it is quite heavy.

Over 70 years of this family of outstanding working dogs got me where I am with Enzo today.
Thank you.

89AC9D53-9C26-40E4-9BDC-A80816273D03.jpeg
8AD2BEA7-4FEA-4C2F-8FF8-38B3E5B2AE7D.jpeg

As you can see, “the face” runs in the family :)

The trophy collection is expanding lol
I'm running out of space for rosettes and ribbons on my wall too...

IMG_4378.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

Ana is trying to sleep after a long morning walk followed by breakfast. But as she insists on being close to me and I'm moving all the time, she can't. Machi is downstairs, probably already sleeping.

Attachments

• IMG-20221117-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20221117-WA0000.jpeg
    351.9 KB · Views: 43
My dogs are waiting for me to go to the kitchen and make F-O-O-D (although it’s useless to spell it, because they’ve learned what that spells!)
My Yorkie was so smart she knew what a single word was pertaining to "Let's Go For A Walk!"

All I had to do was look her in the eyes and very slowly say....."Well"..... :D

New Threads

Top Bottom