• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your favorite thing to draw?

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
I love to draw flowers. I can’t seem to find a way out of them. I love all the different types of flowers that exist and how each one has a special meaning. What do you love to draw?

1682829199474.jpeg

I can't draw if my life depended on it, but I wanted to compliment you on your flower drawings.

They remind me of the ones that I'd see in older books on flora that have a bunch of pen drawings instead of photos, and are totally awesome.

Have you considered doing illustrations covering the flora native to your area if that hasn't already been done? That might be a neat project.

One example of such is The Illustrated Flora of British Columbia (8 volumes total), which is available online at

I can't draw if my life depended on it, but I wanted to compliment you on your flower drawings.

They remind me of the ones that I'd see in older books on flora that have a bunch of pen drawings instead of photos, and are totally awesome.

Have you considered doing illustrations covering the flora native to your area if that hasn't already been done? That might be a neat project.

One example of such is The Illustrated Flora of British Columbia (8 volumes total), which is available online at
Thank you so much for the compliment I appreciate it. I was drawing poppies because they are my moms favorite flower. I was free drawing to practice before I start on her bday card. I will check out the link your provided I’m excited to see it.

I love to draw flowers. I can’t seem to find a way out of them. I love all the different types of flowers that exist and how each one has a special meaning. What do you love to draw?

View attachment 101936
Love the drawing! Adore the lines on the petals, really adds to the art.

As for what I like to draw, hmmm, I have a drawing tablet, and usually spend all day sketching away. I draw anything that comes to mind, which is usually just sketches of people with no defining features or my friends' characters.

I like very much your flowers!

My confort drawing are dragons, monsters and dark stuff. Not sure if thats what I like, but its what I am used to draw and feels more easy.

View attachment 101936
Your flower drawings are beautiful. The way you added the hearts, circles and curved lines is a nice touch. I don't draw much any more (Just doodle cartoon faces), but I used to draw anything from landscapes to animals to people. Your drawing is inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

When I was very young, like 7, I liked to draw soldiers and tanks and planes fighting and bombing etc. My mother attended a PTA (Parent Teacher Association) meeting one night and they showed a film. It was about a small boy who liked to draw soldiers, tanks and planes bombing. A pyschologist intervened and in the end the boy was drawing flowers and children hand in hand playing Ring around the Rosie. My mother stormed out shouting she didn't want her son drawing flowers and girlie games! :D My mom was one big bundle of italian love but fierce when provoked in some way.

I retained my martial artistic interest for quite a while but eventually evolved to like drawing/painting romantic landscapes with castles and ruins.

I tend to draw characters, plants, and stuff that just doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

Some of the more recent things I did:

9Ebg1C4.jpg

how.jpg

ru7xmDG.jpg

That first one is my favorite of the things I've made... I'd not done something quite like that before. Usually if I'm doing like a character drawing, it's a character that already exists in some game or other. But her? No, she's my creation. I'd not tried doing something like that before, so that was an experience.

Second one was partially inspired by a game I like, and also the result of a bad mood. I dont normally name the things I make, but I named that one "Anxiety and Despair". I made this one on my iPad, which I bought to use as a drawing tablet.

I've no idea what that third thing is. I have a lot of weird ones like that where I just sort of do whatever.

I also have a LOT of drawings of things like plants and flowers and stuff, but I dont have pictures of any of them to share on the forum here. They arent as good as yours, I'm still very much a beginner.

Favorite thing to draw? My old Colt .45 ;)

draw.jpg

I'm just kidding, I don't really draw much but I like making drawings of projects. For example I'm building a gate. So I like to make some drawings and look at all the details before I start building it.

That’s really cool. I would love to draw people, but I’m terrible. I draw people in like an animated way, not a realistic way. I would love to do that.
Me too, my style is realistic AND cartoony. It took ages for me to get this comfy with drawing. It takes time and practice.

I tend to draw characters, plants, and stuff that just doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

Some of the more recent things I did:

View attachment 101954

View attachment 101955

View attachment 101956

That first one is my favorite of the things I've made... I'd not done something quite like that before. Usually if I'm doing like a character drawing, it's a character that already exists in some game or other. But her? No, she's my creation. I'd not tried doing something like that before, so that was an experience.

Second one was partially inspired by a game I like, and also the result of a bad mood. I dont normally name the things I make, but I named that one "Anxiety and Despair". I made this one on my iPad, which I bought to use as a drawing tablet.

I've no idea what that third thing is. I have a lot of weird ones like that where I just sort of do whatever.

I also have a LOT of drawings of things like plants and flowers and stuff, but I dont have pictures of any of them to share on the forum here. They arent as good as yours, I'm still very much a beginner.
Very cool ^^ I like a lot

When I was very young, like 7, I liked to draw soldiers and tanks and planes fighting and bombing etc. My mother attended a PTA (Parent Teacher Association) meeting one night and they showed a film. It was about a small boy who liked to draw soldiers, tanks and planes bombing. A pyschologist intervened and in the end the boy was drawing flowers and children hand in hand playing Ring around the Rosie. My mother stormed out shouting she didn't want her son drawing flowers and girlie games! :D My mom was one big bundle of italian love but fierce when provoked in some way.

I retained my martial artistic interest for quite a while but eventually evolved to like drawing/painting romantic landscapes with castles and ruins.
Lol that's what my Dad does hehe. His Dad assisted in WW2 :)

New Threads

Top Bottom