• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your favorite movie?

VernalSole1355

Fellow Aspies, what is your favorite movie of all time? You can have multiples.

Mine are probably in a 3-way tie between: Blazing Saddles, Monty Python: Quest for the Holy Grail, and Major League.

My favorites:
For adventure - The Man Who Would be King.
For righteous humor - Tampopo
For scary reality - Blackhawk Down
For ordinary heroism - Dunkirk
For SciFi, a three way tie - Arrival, Contact, and Interstellar (close is Forbidden Planet)
Uncategorized - Raising Arizona
Historical - Russian Ark (plus you need to watch the making of it . . . unbelievable!)
Anime - Your Name
Western, a tie - The Cowboys, Silverado
Like watching a slow motion train wreck - No Country for Old Men

Last edited:
Somewhere in Time. I can watch that over and over.

Knowing. Beautiful Sci-fi movie.

Avatar. Also beautiful. Looks like a planet I would like to live on.

All things Star Trek.

Fellow Aspies, what is your favorite movie of all time? You can have multiples.

Mine are probably in a 3-way tie between: Blazing Saddles, Monty Python: Quest for the Holy Grail, and Major League.

I want to say any geeky movie like Avengers, Marvel Movies in general, DC Movies in general, etc. However, I really am wanting to watch the John Wick series again. I'm not sure I have a particular favourite movie. They're all pretty good.

Somewhere in Time. I can watch that over and over.

Knowing. Beautiful Sci-fi movie.

Avatar. Also beautiful. Looks like a planet I would like to live on.

All things Star Trek.
I was hooked on SciFi ever since seeing Forbidden Planet in 1956. It was ahead of its time. Gotta agree that Avatar is thrilling and I like its message of sustainability (We are planet eaters, aren't we?).

Have you seen The Expanse? Itis the best SciFi series I've seen in a while.

It’s hard to pick a single one, but my top 3 are:
Stardust
Galaxy Quest
The Princess Bride

Also, I can watch these anytime:
The Shawshank Redemption
Red
Red 2
The Lord of the Rings trilogy

Local Hero.
Twins.
Harry Potter series.
Star wars series.
The Adams Family films.
Shrek
Marvel series

I was hooked on SciFi ever since seeing Forbidden Planet in 1956. It was ahead of its time. Gotta agree that Avatar is thrilling and I like its message of sustainability (We are planet eaters, aren't we?).

Have you seen The Expanse? Itis the best SciFi series I've seen in a while.

No, I haven't seen that. I can get it on Prime Video. I'll give it a look see.

I see a few more listed above I really like also: Shawshank Redemption for one.
Also along those lines I like The Greenmile and Of Mice and Men.

Yessss . . . the story of King Lear sure has legs, as do many of Shakespear's plays!
I also like Anime, especially Studio Ghibli.
I was hooked when I first saw Spirited away. I like Shinkai's work, especially the photorealistic backgrounds in Your Name, and the score by Radwimps is fantastic. Most recently I have enjoyed A Silent Voice . . . very emotional for me as I felt the social isolation at that age, though for different reasons.

New Threads

Top Bottom