• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your current special interest?

My default special interest is rocks.

I seem to have a trustful connection with birds and can check on each one's progress up close
daily. They do not attack me nor do they mind I come around checking. They do not run off
or abandon nests as I check them daily.

I felt so much peacefulness reading this post! Thank you for sharing!

I have a lot. Collecting rocks and ohter stuff , Children toys mostly dollhouses (my mom accutally gifted me some furniture today ) , Plants, Art,Fish keeping and some more. Most active currently is plants. There are just so many cool things out there.

That reminds me, I do sort of have a special interest in American culture and maybe especially American car culture. I think it comes from growing up in a tiny country with silly, ugly cars and a little less freedom and then I look at the vastness of the US and all the stuff they have over there that we don't have here and I think wow.. I want that. :)
@Forest Cat , you would enjoy an American road trip, especially to our National Parks. I love stopping at all our oddities from the Harley-Davidson museum in Milwaukee or Greenfield Village near Detroit where Henry Ford collected historic buildings like the Wright brothers' bicycle shop, to things like Carhenge in Nebraska or Wall Drug in S. Dakota. Plus those vast spaces of the Great Plains or the Colorado Plateau.

@Forest Cat , you would enjoy an American road trip, especially to our National Parks. I love stopping at all our oddities from the Harley-Davidson museum in Milwaukee or Greenfield Village near Detroit where Henry Ford collected historic buildings like the Wright brothers' bicycle shop, to things like Carhenge in Nebraska or Wall Drug in S. Dakota. Plus those vast spaces of the Great Plains or the Colorado Plateau.

Yeah I would absolutely love that. I want to see all those places you mention. And there's something called `the Artist's Palette` in Death Valley I want to see. My sister was over there in the US and drove route 66 from one end to the other. I was so envious. :unamused:

Yeah I would absolutely love that. I want to see all those places you mention. And there's something called `the Artist's Palette` in Death Valley I want to see. My sister was over there in the US and drove route 66 from one end to the other. I was so envious. :unamused:
Route 66 was AMAZING in 1962. I'd still like to drive what is left of it!

Yep. and you can start route 66 in Chicago with the iconic Chigago dog dragged through the garden.
Z.jpg
9k=(1).jpg

My standard/default is horror, particularly body horror and cosmic horror. Currently my primary interests are Pokemon: Legends Arceus (I don’t know what I’ll do with all my time when I finally get 100% for every Pokedex entry in that game, lol) and anything by Clive Barker.

Death Valley has a lot to offer. Summertime is way too hot though- it's not uncommon to reach 52c day/ 37c low. January and February are usually nice. Close to the Artists Palette is Zabriskie Point. One can also be at -85m elevation and then be at 3400m a couple hours later (Badwater and Telescope Peak).
Another colorful place is Lassen- check out the Painted Dunes. Lassen is very pristine.
Paria River Canyon in Utah is also colorful!

RuPaul’s Drag Race and drag performance. I want to become more active as a drag queen and get onto RuPaul’s Drag Race and be the positive role model kids on the spectrum desperately need and show that even though I have difficulties with my diagnosis, I’m not letting it stop me from doing great things.

Framed a print for the first time in a year or so, and I got an urge to fill my other frames. So I think that'll be my project over the coming weeks. Get these empty frames filled, so I can hit these art & craft fairs with many "fine wears"

3e9qrf.png

An ex-engineer turned manager gave me a crash course on how he makes frames. I know my dad has most of the tools. I'm going to ask this manager if he can give me some one to one lessons in his workshop on how to make frames, that way I'll be able to make my own for my original pieces. Sturdy frames which I can probably sell for more money.

Ed

Right now, theatre (I've been in two plays so far this year and am prepping for a musical), gardening (building raised beds this week), and Stranger Things. I can hardly wait for the new season in a few weeks.

New Threads

Top Bottom