• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is the oldest thing you own?

Destination Unknown

Don't know where I'm goin but know where I've been
V.I.P Member
I had to buy a group of books on ebay to get the one I wanted, so I just became the accidental owner of an old book entitled The Poetical Works of James Montgomery, Vol. II, published in 1825. That just became the oldest thing I have ever owned.
What is the oldest thing you have owned?

Hmm. I am not sure but I have some artifacts. I have a roman bronze arrowhead and two roman coins, probably from around 200 AD-ish. I have a fragmented Paiute Obsidian Arrowhead of unknown date, but maybe several hundred years old.. I have a stone arrowhead and grinding stone also of unknown date but believed by a school teacher/professor to be several thousand years old.

After my non-biological grandfather committed suicide a few months ago, my mom had obtain coins from him that were from different time periods. We have many pennies, nickles and dimes from the 1910s all the way through 1950s or 1960s. We are going to sell them though. And he also had a Soviet Union 1975 Victory day coin of the 30th anniversary the Soviets defeated Germany. It has Russian written on it and it came with a message thing with written in both English and Russian. My mom is letting me keep that coin because that kind of stuff is interesting to me.

Hmm. I am not sure but I have some artifacts. I have a roman bronze arrowhead and two roman coins, probably from around 200 AD-ish. I have a fragmented Paiute Obsidian Arrowhead of unknown date, but maybe several hundred years old.. I have a stone arrowhead and grinding stone also of unknown date but believed by a school teacher/professor to be several thousand years old.
I do have a few arrowheads and a celt Definitely older than the book.

20160605_090423.jpg

Many plant and one fish and quite a few insect index fossils. Some precambrian coral, some from the cambrian period, two fossils from the triassic period and the cretaceous but generally dated from 125 to about 66 million years ago.

Also have some neolithic arrowheads and stone cutting tools from the Algonquin woodland peoples, that are undated.

Oh and last year stuck under some wallpaper in this old house, sheet music, pour chant et orgue the Panis Angelicus by Caesar Franck copyright 1901:)

Last edited:
I found it in south western Pennsylvania and I am not sure what it is
It appears to be a stigmaria (root section) of a lepidodendron tree because it matches the image on this page. From what I now understand, it is from the Pennsylvanian era of the carboniferous period about 300 million years ago. Puts it spot on for where it was found.
Ya gotta love Google huh? :cool:

Last edited:
By a 'celt' do you mean a cutting tool shaped like a chisel?
I went to the attic and found them. I have more arrowheads and pieces and parts than what I remember. The gray one is the one I call a celt. About 4" long.
IMG_0838.JPG
IMG_0839.JPG
IMG_0837.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0837.JPG
    IMG_0837.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 152
A 167 year old British two schilling coin. But it's nowhere near this condition:

200px-Godless_florin.jpg

Last edited:
Stone artifacts are very interesting, but unless I find them myself, I tend to question their authenticity. Too easy to make in modern times. My oldest man-made item at present is my C. 1790's French Republic Charleville musket. Used to have a C. 1760's watch.

A translation of The Qur'an, given as a gift in 1927 to a friend of my mother's, who passed away some years ago now. My mother's friend was a Quaker as was the friend who gave her the book.

My oldest item is half a roman coin - to me it just looks like a semicircular lump of rust. Only way of knowing what it is was the other roman coins with which it was found.

New Threads

Top Bottom