• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is the most random song you have ever had stuck in your head for no reason?

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
Sometimes we hear a song and it's so catchy or annoying that it replays over and over in our heads.

But what if it's like a commercial jingle or a TV theme song, or something else?

I bring this up, because today I have the chorus of this stupid song stuck in my head, and I probably haven't watched this dumb movie in over 25 years:

List the weirdest songs you've ever had stuck in your head.

And also, what do you do to get a song out of your head?

Last edited:
This one got played twice back when I was in nursery and every now and then, it just starts playing in my head on repeat:

Oh What A Silly Song

Whatever the current catchy TV ad that they play at basically EVERY commercial break.

Right now its:

Now I just want Applebee's..

Last edited:
I've got a little ditty for ya to mull over :)

"Here's the story,
Of an ugly lady,
Who was bringing up three very ugly girls.
All of them had hair of gold,
Like the mailman's,
The youngest one in curls."

Now keep in mind that this has to be sung to the melody of The Brady Bunch theme song and try to get back to me if you ever get this earworm unstuck :p

I know, this could well be considered cruel and unusual punishment, so never fear, Underdog is here :D
93962.jpg

Tut tut tut
What will it be?
Tuttles Naturally

A dairy brand name out of Washington State.
It's stuck years and years later.

Ala Mona the shopping mall in Wakiki, another advertising jingle.

Ew ah
Ala Moana

And finally:
Yo quiero taco ball

Right now The Big Dongo Family is resident in my head. [edit] This I find to be a happy, optimistic song (longingly optimistic, but that's just me). And some of the images!

Last edited:
Although it's actually a Steve Goodman song made popular by Arlo, I got to see and hear Arlo perform this live for his 50th anniversary of Alice's Restaurant tour.
20210831_213644.jpg

Last edited:
Right now The Big Dongo Family is resident in my head. [edit] This I find to be a happy, optimistic song (longingly optimistic, but that's just me). And some of the images!
That would probably make me want to pull the pin :p

Although it's actually a Steve Goodwin song made popular by Arlo, I got to see and hear Arlo perform this live for his 50th anniversary of Alice's Restaurant tour.
View attachment 70295
Steve Goodman! The Earl of Old Town was my haunt where Goodman played frequently, along with people like Gamble Rogers. Is there any car owner in Chicago who doesn't know about The Lincoln Park Pirates? The chorus, Yo, ho, tow 'em away . . . . . is a real earworm.

Last edited:
WOW! You sure know how to trigger someone's internal hell. LOL

Here is the thing, choosing just one is nigh impossible. I am a musical junky, well lets just say music junkie and leave it at that. On any given day I can have any number of Gilbert and Sullivan tunes in a veritable round in my head. That could abruptly shift to Lydia the Tattooed Lady, and just as abruptly move to any number of songs from Sondheim's catalogue.

I am absolutely hopeless in that if I do not occupy my mind with something, anything, then something from Joni Mitchel, Sinead Lohan, Richard Thompson, Queen, Pink Floyd, Kander and Ebb... the list goes on and on and on and on and.... Well you must get the idea from now and just to torture: Warning!!!! I defy you to keep this out of your head once heard.

Steve Goodman! The Earl of Old Town was my haunt where Goodman played frequently, along with people like Gamble Rogers. Is there any car owner in Chicago who doesn't know about The Lincoln Park Pirates? The chorus, Yo, ho, tow 'em away . . . . . is a real earworm.
My bad, I spelled it wrong.
It has been a long and trying day here in the 'ville :p

Almost everyday, I have a different short quote from Young Sheldon stuck in my head, the scene replaying over and over for hours at a time. And it's not usually a scene I saw recently. It seems to be completely at random!

Go on, just try memorizing those lyrics. I dare you. You cant, can you?

The first time I watched this I had to stop and pause it like 5 times due to laughing too hard.

It is frequently stuck in my head, because of course it is.

Pretty much anything from the Dr. Demento Show...!
Camp Granada, Allan Sherman (1963)

(Warning: you will never be able to hear Ponchielli's "Dance of the Hours" the same way again...
full
)

You're welcome.

Last edited:
The badger is a shy beast
He shuns all the boisterous games
Of little woodland creatures
Who laugh at him and call him names
Oh sleazy slinking badger
To tempt him from his lair they cry
Oh sleazy slinking badger
His answer is a gentle sigh...

That one was part of a Schools radio programme my sister was played in Standard 1 or 2 I think, so about 1966? She taught it to me.... There's another one, about Paul and his hen, she ran away from the farmyard...

Cluck Cluck cried the poor little chicken
Cluck Cluck Cluck, but she cried in vain
Paul made a dive, but he could not save her,
Now she will never come home again.

The fox got her. They didn't pull their punches in children's radio back then...

New Threads

Top Bottom